Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 01 2.7t a6_551Tecu overboost issue  (Read 4329 times)
em.Euro.R18

« on: September 08, 2014, 04:54:16 PM »

First stab at looking into these 2.7t files. I've fished through this binary. Bin this is not stock and I'm not sure who the tuner is but it doesn't look like any major company. Seems like whoever came up with the base file went overboard with a stage 2 tune. According to the driver its been boosting to 27psi, I attempted Me7 visual logger and couldn't get it working so I used Vagcom and seen a request/actual boost hit map limit.... I'll post up the log when its emailed to me.

Maybe some of you 2.7t gurus can tell me something I'm not seeing. I see LDRNX set too 200ish% so idk why request is 2500+mb. Also KFMIRL is set too 219% but it seems like he put a cap on alot of the overboost diag related maps that I'm not familar with.

If anyone can give me any insite so I can figure out how to lower the boost on this thing would be great. The guys been popping his throttle body hose everytime hes hit WOT and just wants it lowered.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 04:56:15 PM »

Toss it, start from scratch. Never, EVER use another tuner's file as a basis for further tuning. I've posted about this dozens of times so I'm too lazy to itemize the reasons why yet again Tongue

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 04:57:48 PM »

I totally understand your case I was going to start from scratch anyway..... I'm just puzzled beyond belief with this file :-)
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 05:30:15 PM »

I totally understand your case I was going to start from scratch anyway..... I'm just puzzled beyond belief with this file :-)

Don't worry about how or why other people do stuff. It'll just make it harder to learn good practices Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: