Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Target lambda at WOT  (Read 9584 times)
SB_GLI

« on: September 11, 2014, 05:50:47 PM »

I'd like to discuss fueling, and in specific, target lambda at WOT.

I've seen just about everywhere on this forum, and in other log files from VWs and Audis, it seems a lot of people tune for around 12.5AFR.  I've read everywhere, spoke with real life pro tuners (non ME7 tuners), and have positive experience with tuning for a richer AFR than that.  I typically shoot for a 11.8-11.4 AFR as this cools the egts, allows further timing advance, and makes more power safely than a leaner AFR.

Please discuss.
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 06:57:42 PM »

91 octane=11.5
93 octane=a bit leaner
Meth=12.5

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
kingkhalilz

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 07:01:59 PM »

Wow, that rich?? I thought leaning it out made more power. Sure it heats things up but damn good to know.

By the way from a noobs perspective, the xdf file made is like way easy to understand stuff. It just really allowed me to double check my thinking on how stuff gets changed.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:03:45 PM by kingkhalilz » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 07:05:24 PM »

This is what I've had the best experience with. Obviously you should lean it out until knock becomes an issue. With shit gas, you have to target a super rich AFR if you want to run any sort of timing.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
FlyboyS4

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 07:25:27 PM »

I'd like to discuss fueling, and in specific, target lambda at WOT.

I've seen just about everywhere on this forum, and in other log files from VWs and Audis, it seems a lot of people tune for around 12.5AFR.  I've read everywhere, spoke with real life pro tuners (non ME7 tuners), and have positive experience with tuning for a richer AFR than that.  I typically shoot for a 11.8-11.4 AFR as this cools the egts, allows further timing advance, and makes more power safely than a leaner AFR.

Please discuss.

This is a subject for it's own thread.  It is a discussion worth having, but will pull the a Stage 1 tune far off topic.
SB_GLI

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 07:58:48 PM »

91 octane=11.5
93 octane=a bit leaner
Meth=12.5

These values are pretty much on par with my pump and w/m tunes for my jetta.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 08:15:13 PM »

The restriction is high compression ratio + shitty gas.

If you drop compression, you can lean it out instead of adding AFR to get timing back.

On 91oct, you ideally should do both.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 08:17:32 PM »

It's also worth noting that you can run DI engines leaner, that this is gas scale, and that euro fuel is much better than US.

Context and all.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Lost

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 09:11:35 PM »

What AFR do you tune for on E85 for best power?
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 12:55:14 PM »

It should be noted that every engine/setup will like different lambda for best/safe power... they above guidelines are ok, but they're just guidelines in the end.

E85 seems like like 0.8-79 lambda for the most part.  Depends on other factors as well such as heat range of the plug, cams, etc.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Lost

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 02:12:39 PM »

It should be noted that every engine/setup will like different lambda for best/safe power... they above guidelines are ok, but they're just guidelines in the end.

E85 seems like like 0.8-79 lambda for the most part.  Depends on other factors as well such as heat range of the plug, cams, etc.

Well, it is an RS4, so 7 range plugs, oem cams.
Would it be any diff in winter request when its e70?
Trying to find nice middle.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: