Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: B5 S4 K04 BEL motor swap boost issue  (Read 13253 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 10:53:32 PM »

The spring rates are different though, IIRC. So swapping in/out actuator bars themselves might be ok, you can't mix and match springs.

I am 90 percent sure that the spring rates are the same, and that the actuators are actually the same part number.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 11:02:18 PM »

I am 90 percent sure that the spring rates are the same, and that the actuators are actually the same part number.

Last time I tried this I ended up with a setup that had the same opening pressure, but due to the way we had to preload one to get them to sync, the actuator range was totally different. Maybe a bad actuator?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NMS

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 11:11:26 PM »

Nyet, I feel offended that you think I'm stupid enough to swap just one out. I've got a set of brand new k03s lying around, and was planning to check the spring rate manually . Either way, I'll either replace the rod and sync the turbos to 6 psi as DD said, or I'll just try and see if the K03s work as well. Also with sync.

Also, I don't know how many times I said this but, I AM NOT TUNING ANYTHING!!! I already have a tune! I am just trying to get my engine to run properly again, as the APB motor did.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2014, 11:13:30 PM »

Nyet, I feel offended that you think I'm stupid enough to swap just one out. I've got a set of brand new k03s lying around, and was planning to check the spring rate manually . Either way, I'll either replace the rod and sync the turbos to 6 psi as DD said, or I'll just try and see if the K03s work as well. Also with sync.

Apologies, no insult intended.

Definitely good to hear you'll make sure they're sync'd up properly. I just worry because I've been down that road and spent way too much time fighting misbehaving wastegates... something you kinda take for granted on single turbo projects...

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NMS

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 11:57:56 PM »

Apologies, no insult intended.

Definitely good to hear you'll make sure they're sync'd up properly. I just worry because I've been down that road and spent way too much time fighting misbehaving wastegates... something you kinda take for granted on single turbo projects...
I meant the "offended" playfully, don't worry Smiley I'll keep you guys updated tomorrow, as to how and what I do.
NMS

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 08:18:34 PM »

I smacked the wastegate rod back into shape. Turns out I somehow managed to bend it during reassembly. It works perfectly now. Thank you nyet & DD for all your help!
ddillenger

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 08:34:27 PM »

Nail, meet head.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 08:55:18 PM »

AWESOME news, glad you got it dialed.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: