Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Audi ABZ Immo Question  (Read 13242 times)
dannyd

« on: September 22, 2014, 07:47:46 PM »

Will an ecu without the immo removed completely keep the car from firing?Or would it let the car run for a very short period of time?

It looks like I may enlist the help of one of the more experienced members to modify my ecu.

If this is you, please get in touch with me via gmail and we can work out the details, obviously I am paypal ready.

Thanks all, as you were!

Regards,

Dan

dan.jakiela@gmail
turboat

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:54:05 PM »

Normally, if the ecu is immobilised and does not get the engine start ok signal, the engine will start for about a second and then stop. Sometimes they run for a tiny bit longer than that, and I've heard of some diesels that do not start at all.

If yours is not firing at all, I would look elsewhere first, especially if this is an engine conversion (is the fuel pump/coils/injectors taking a feed from the x-relief relay?).

It should be pretty obvious if the immo has stopped it running, when you read the fault codes from the engine, it will have something like 'Engine start blocked by immobiliser'. Immo off is super easy (normally), so you should be able to do it yourself.
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 12:03:44 AM »

Check adaptations channel 091 in engine. Post the results.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nbdiy

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 01:42:08 AM »

If you mean with "ABZ" the engine coding of the V8 32V then yes: It would run for a short time and then shut off.
I´ve done some Immo off on this Ecu´s in past, you must reprogram the EEprom.

But: If the engine doesn´t start you got a problem anywhere else.
dannyd

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 08:22:35 AM »

Normally, if the ecu is immobilised and does not get the engine start ok signal, the engine will start for about a second and then stop. Sometimes they run for a tiny bit longer than that, and I've heard of some diesels that do not start at all.

If yours is not firing at all, I would look elsewhere first, especially if this is an engine conversion (is the fuel pump/coils/injectors taking a feed from the x-relief relay?).

It should be pretty obvious if the immo has stopped it running, when you read the fault codes from the engine, it will have something like 'Engine start blocked by immobiliser'. Immo off is super easy (normally), so you should be able to do it yourself.

this sounds like my issue!

it is an engine conversion. i guess where my confusion starts is powering those items via the x relief relay. swap donor 1998 a8, swap receiver 1995 audi 90 cs

as it is i have all of the terminal 30, 31 and 15 connections made, but as far as the x relief relay i am confused, can anyone help clarify its use and how i would correct my issue?

also wanted to ad, i can hear the ecu relay make contact when i connect terminal 15 to hot
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:25:23 AM by dannyd » Logged
turboat

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 08:26:04 AM »

the X-relief relay drops out under cranking, obviously a bad thing to have your injectors connected to.
dannyd

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 08:54:03 AM »

the X-relief relay drops out under cranking, obviously a bad thing to have your injectors connected to.

yup. so it essentially reduces the draw on the battery so max cca can be achieved.

unless the x relief relay is what i am calling the ecu relay, i dont think that is what is causing my no start.

dannyd

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 04:03:07 PM »

how exactly do i wire the k line to this ecu.

i have an obd pigtail with the +, ground and k pinned into it, and pos and ground are not an issue, but how do i determine where to conect k?

digging through the wiring diagrams there is no mention of k or diag or anything like that.

does anyone have a pinout for the Audi ABZ 32V V8 ECU for the K line location?

Edit: is it "Connection (screening), in Motronic wiring harness" E8?  So looking on the ecu that would be "block E" Pin 8?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 04:28:28 PM by dannyd » Logged
turboat

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 04:40:45 PM »

Screening is an earth screen around a signal wire. K line probably goes to the cluster.
dannyd

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 05:09:07 PM »

Screening is an earth screen around a signal wire. K line probably goes to the cluster.

ok, good to know.

yup! search failed me greatly.

found k, as it goes into the cluster, with positive and ground to the cable still cannot connect.

any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:26:37 PM by dannyd » Logged
dannyd

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 06:15:17 PM »

ok, good to know.

yup! search failed me greatly.

found k, as it goes into the cluster, with positive and ground to the cable still cannot connect.

any other suggestions?

ok found the correct k.

connects no problem!

next i was curios if we had spaced the crank sensor to far from the stepped wheel. we had.

i held it in place and it sputterred. adjusting the spacing of the sensor now. should know wheter i have to reflash the eeprom for immo delet or not soon!

you guys are the best. wish i knew how to dole out those karma thingers haha even if it is a virtual high five!
dannyd

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 06:21:32 PM »

Check adaptations channel 091 in engine. Post the results.

addaptation channel 91 has a stored value of 4!
ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 06:52:05 PM »

Immobilizer is active. When off, it will read 1 in channel 91. You need to turn it off Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
k0mpresd

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 08:32:42 PM »

test this for off please.
modified original abz e2p file.
dannyd

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 05:04:44 AM »

test this for off please.
modified original abz e2p file.

ok, so basically the engine will start and run for as long as i want at idle until i tough the throttle then it stalls.

for the eeprom flasher per the instructions in the thread for it i will essentially plug the car into the obd port that i have wired and then in the command prompt run the executable correct?

no need to put it into boot mode while still plugged into the car right?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: