Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: XDF request 1.8t A4 2005 8E0909018A 0261208523  (Read 21443 times)
thelastleroy

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 06:54:12 PM »

Save the file, then open it again. Have the changes been saved?

ddillenger,

I tried starting over, modifiy the stock file, save it as a new modified file and it still gave me the message. Re-open the modified file and the changes are intact.
ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 08:14:17 PM »

Check the file with me7check, post the screen it displays.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
thelastleroy

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »

Check the file with me7check, post the screen it displays.

Here it is. apparently 3 errors remain. MTX email reply says I must not have named the original bin file properly in the C:\ as per their README file. I'm pretty sure I did this right, but I'll double check. Here's the screenshot from ME7Check

thelastleroy

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 05:22:37 PM »

GOT IT!!  Cheesy

I figured out the problem. In the readme file from MTX it states you must rename your file : "C:\Bosch_VAG_ME7_2002.BIN". The problem I had was I copy-pasted the name, which actually created a file called C:\Bosch_VAG_ME7_2002.BIN.bin.

I emailed MTX that it might be a good Idea to mention in the readme that the name visible in the folder will look like "Bosch_VAG_ME7_2002" without the .bin suffix.

Now I've got "checksums sucessfully calculated" message! WOOT!!

Thanks for your help again DD
thelastleroy

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 07:35:17 PM »

Flash Success!

The new file is written to the ECU and car runs, drives, starts again after shut off etc. I'm so stoked that it worked.  Grin

Now I'd like to find some tuning definitions. The search continues!
ddillenger

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 09:01:32 PM »

Awesome right?

The power of DIY Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
thelastleroy

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2014, 06:45:56 AM »

Hello again.

The MSLUB trick worked perfectly. I confirmed SAI readiness via OBD2 scan tool. I still need to defeat the EVAP
I've been reading and searching and trying to figure out winols to compare my current .bin file vs another well defined .bin file. I feel like i'm spinning my wheels a bit, and need a bit of a push to get going in the right direction. I'd like to eventually have the skills to define the maps I need in my own stock file, but I'm finding the learning curve is  very steep. Anyone local who is doing this sort of work is keeping their secrets (one guy wanted to charge me $350 just to eliminate SAI readiness failure).

I understand it is possible to flash another well defined stock .bin file to my ECU, and use that xdf. What I need to know is how to properly confirm that the new .bin file will work with my ECU. How do you select a file to "cross-flash" for me7.5?

Here's my stock file again, to avoid returning to page 1. Hope someone can help me out.

thelastleroy

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 05:17:19 AM »

I found a comprehensive 1.8t definition file and a stock file to work with. The stock file is the same engine number as mine (AMB). Does this mean the car will operate on this file? Mine is standard transmission. when I compared the files in winols, they weren't the same, although it looked like the locations were very close for each map. I was able to line a few of them up to compare, but they didn't all line up together, different offsets. Normal?

I guess the *ideal* thing for me to do would be take the known locations of each map in the AK file, find these maps in my original file and create a new xdf. A part of me wants to go through all of this, but it is going to be a lot of work, and I'm not actually "discovering" anything new. I'm just copying the last guy's efforts. Would be easier and more productive to just use his xdf and say thanks for the hard work.

thoughts? Am I headed down some sort of rabbit hole here?

I've attached the AK file I'd like to flash to my car, and my original file as well for comparison
thelastleroy

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2014, 06:01:31 PM »

Little help please?
ddillenger

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »

AF AK BC can all be crossflashed. I recommend doing some searching, and using the 518AK file I posted along with the 518AK xdf (also posted by me).

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
thelastleroy

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2014, 06:44:08 PM »

Thank you again. I really appreciate the advice.
thelastleroy

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2014, 07:02:55 PM »

DDillenger,

I've found your 518ak bin and xdf files, and successfully cross-flashed the bin to my ecu. Thanks again for the heads up on compatibility. The xdf is a good start, but I'd like to add a few more parameters. Is it possible to copy entire parameters from a well rounded xdf (mbox s4 for example) and change the parameter location to suit the 518ak file? How is this normally done? I'll post the files I found and flashed.

Is it a good Idea to continue asking questions in this thread, or start a new one somewhere else?
ddillenger

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2014, 08:19:29 PM »

DDillenger,

Is it possible to copy entire parameters from a well rounded xdf (mbox s4 for example) and change the parameter location to suit the 518ak file? How is this normally done? I'll post the files I found and flashed.

Is it a good Idea to continue asking questions in this thread, or start a new one somewhere else?

Yes, and yes.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: