Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Dedicated bench port so you can leave the ECU in the car and still bench flash  (Read 15827 times)
k0mpresd

whatever makes you happy i guess.
ericpaulyoung

Not really trying to be different just for fun, just trying to have a faster way to flash. I usually try a handful of variations and is I can cut reduce the time, why not? My question for you is, if you could reduce the time to flash from 15 minutes down to 2, and also make it so I do t have to buy more hardware, and also be more stable, then why wouldn't you? I am confused why anyone would see a faster, cheaper, more stable way to flash as a bad thing??

EPY
flaattire

I think people are scared to solder the ports lol. You should epoxy over where the wires are soldered to the BDM port if you haven't already. Much more resilient that way.
ericpaulyoung

Good idea! I will throw some sealant over it.
ericpaulyoung

Well I just checked it out and there is some bad news. The BDM ports do not work with the ECU harness plugged in. So you still have to crack open the ECU box and disconnect it before using BDM. I guess it makes sense, as the BDM ports were not designed to be used with the ECU installed. Interesting stuff.

epy
ddillenger

Consider scooping up an MPPS cable. They flash faster than Maestro at least.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
k0mpresd

i think we just went full circle here.
ericpaulyoung

Yup, made a circle. Oh well, I had to at least try.

I bought a MPPS clone last year and it didn't work at all, so I kinda gave up on them. I guess I can go look for a higher quality clone. Do you have a recommendation? I am thinking about that guy in Europe, but he wants like $500 for his clone cable.

Epy
ericpaulyoung

So I am trying to figure out if there is one or two wires that could be cut off that would allow the BDM to work while still connected to the rest of the harness. If so, I can just put a disconnect on those lines and flip it for when I want to do my in-car BDM flashing. I am thinking it would be one of the wires needed for bench flashing, but not sure. Any ideas?

Aurélien

Rather than making a switch... Why don't you remove 12v and KL15 ( 12v ignition ) from BDM pad ?
Beaviz

Did you ever get this to work? I am considering the same, since it would save me many hours waiting for the writing process doing MED9.
aef

Did you ever get this to work? I am considering the same, since it would save me many hours waiting for the writing process doing MED9.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=12516.msg103696#msg103696
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: