Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: What have to make when change the injectors for a large injector?  (Read 34148 times)
Gulfstream

« on: September 25, 2014, 07:40:25 PM »

Hi!!

If i change the fuel injector per larges models, what i need to change in ECU file? its just FGATO or have to change more things to adjust the fuel on idle?

I just change the FGATO value, i down 30% for use 550cc (originals are 190cc), i need to change more?

when hot (70°C/90°C) the engine dont starts if i dont press the thorttle a little!

when you put larges injectors, what you change?

please help-me, i have this problema a lot of time!

wait

thanks
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 05:28:39 AM »

what ecu you are talking about?
kory2000pr

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 05:30:19 PM »

Tvub for duty cycles .
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 05:34:15 PM »

Tvub for duty cycles .

No.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
kory2000pr

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 08:33:10 PM »

Sorry.i thought I had it right.
Lost

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 10:37:32 PM »

Hi!!

If i change the fuel injector per larges models, what i need to change in ECU file? its just FGATO or have to change more things to adjust the fuel on idle?

I just change the FGATO value, i down 30% for use 550cc (originals are 190cc), i need to change more?

when hot (70°C/90°C) the engine dont starts if i dont press the thorttle a little!

when you put larges injectors, what you change?

please help-me, i have this problema a lot of time!

wait

thanks

FGATO??
You do mean KRKTE? That is what you should be making change in.
Do you have WBO2 installed?
There is some good explanations on this forum about setting basic fueling.
Take your time, and Do not skimp on this.
It has to be done right!!
GL.
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 10:42:45 PM »

Guys, you forget. Not everyone has ME7 here. There are quite a few DBC models that get discussed Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Lost

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 11:02:14 PM »

Guys, you forget. Not everyone has ME7 here. There are quite a few DBC models that get discussed Smiley

It does not say what car it is or ecu.
That may help Smiley
Gulfstream

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 03:01:19 PM »

my ECU is Bosch Motronic M3.8.2 (ECU file 128kb)

I've made ​​attempts to change TVUB and Minimal injector opening time but dont have good results when engine is hot!

Whats the original injection time on idle of passat 1.8 20v ADR aspirate? maybe its impossible install a 550cc fuel injector on passat 1.8 20v! The idle injection time necessary is small than minimum works injection time of 550cc injector!
whats the proportion of FGATO? if i decreases 10%, the fuel flow will decreases 10% too or is other proportion? For example: if i need to increase the mixture for more fuel in mixture in 35% i need to increase FGATO in 35% or in other proportion?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:07:07 PM by Gulfstream » Logged
eliotroyano

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 08:09:22 PM »

my ECU is Bosch Motronic M3.8.2 (ECU file 128kb)
I've made ​​attempts to change TVUB and Minimal injector opening time but dont have good results when engine is hot!
Whats the original injection time on idle of passat 1.8 20v ADR aspirate? maybe its impossible install a 550cc fuel injector on passat 1.8 20v! The idle injection time necessary is small than minimum works injection time of 550cc injector!
whats the proportion of FGATO? if i decreases 10%, the fuel flow will decreases 10% too or is other proportion? For example: if i need to increase the mixture for more fuel in mixture in 35% i need to increase FGATO in 35% or in other proportion?

In M38x/M592 and other old ECUs, that Motronic functions you mention are:
1.- FGAT0 is Grundanpassungsfaktor 0 or main fuel injector multiplier. Normally you can adapt it using this formula: New fuel constant = old fuel constant * change in injector size where change in injector size is old injectors (cc)/ new injectors (cc). This constant modifies every fuel injection variable, constant or function in whole ECU. For my knowledge tuning these ECUs with bigger injectors than 440cc is not easy.
2.- TEMIN is minimales TE or minimum fuel injection pulse width. Use the right value allow you fine tuning idle with big than OEM injectors.
3.- TVUB is Spannungskorrektur known as Fuel Injection Battery Voltage Correction, Injectors Latency or Injectors Dead Time. It is the battery voltage compensation of the injectors (response delay with differing battery voltage). It could be adapted for different than OEM injectors to obtain best performance and time response possible.
I hope this info helps you.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:17:14 PM by eliotroyano » Logged
Gulfstream

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 12:20:22 PM »

In M38x/M592 and other old ECUs, that Motronic functions you mention are:
1.- FGAT0 is Grundanpassungsfaktor 0 or main fuel injector multiplier. Normally you can adapt it using this formula: New fuel constant = old fuel constant * change in injector size where change in injector size is old injectors (cc)/ new injectors (cc). This constant modifies every fuel injection variable, constant or function in whole ECU. For my knowledge tuning these ECUs with bigger injectors than 440cc is not easy.
2.- TEMIN is minimales TE or minimum fuel injection pulse width. Use the right value allow you fine tuning idle with big than OEM injectors.
3.- TVUB is Spannungskorrektur known as Fuel Injection Battery Voltage Correction, Injectors Latency or Injectors Dead Time. It is the battery voltage compensation of the injectors (response delay with differing battery voltage). It could be adapted for different than OEM injectors to obtain best performance and time response possible.
I hope this info helps you.

hi, thanks for your post

when i change the TEMIN, i dont see diferences, but when i change the TVUB i saw diferences.

my ECU model have a specific map for injection by temperature? the problem is just when the engine is hot!

wait
eliotroyano

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 12:43:50 PM »

hi, thanks for your post
when i change the TEMIN, i dont see diferences, but when i change the TVUB i saw diferences.
my ECU model have a specific map for injection by temperature? the problem is just when the engine is hot!
wait

TEMIN is the minimun injectors pulse width. It is valid for example for idle or deceleration calculation.
TVUB is factor for injection calculation based in battery voltage variations.
ECU injection map by temperature is KFFMLTA (Gemischkorrektur durch Luftmassenstrom und Ansauglufttemperatur).
Regards,
Gulfstream

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 12:53:50 PM »

TEMIN is the minimun injectors pulse width. It is valid for example for idle or deceleration calculation.
TVUB is factor for injection calculation based in battery voltage variations.
ECU injection map by temperature is KFFMLTA (Gemischkorrektur durch Luftmassenstrom und Ansauglufttemperatur).
Regards,

i dont found the KFFMLTA, and i need to found because the problem is just when hot... i decreases the TEMIN around 55%, i dont know whats the idle injection time of my passat, if is 4ms, the minimum that my injector suports are 1.91ms, i can decrease the injection time in maximum 50%

wait
Gulfstream

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 10:34:09 PM »

in 1.8 20v is better to use 440cc or 550cc injectors with GT25 turbocharger working with etanol and 250/300hp?

I will buy soon a Audi A4/A6 V6 2.4 or 3.0 (2002-2005)... the ECU of this car is better then M3.8.2 and more easy to found maps etc?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 11:00:44 PM by Gulfstream » Logged
Gulfstream

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 11:00:17 PM »

Why when i search per KFFMLTA in Nefmoto i dont found anything, dont show this post...

any words that i type in "search" dont show any results!! have a problem here!

i dont know whats the KFFMLTA map of my M3.8.2

i dont found other ECU models maps to compare... nothing!

who knows the address in my ecu file of KFFMLTA (i believe that its solves the problem!) or post here a picture of your car map, i will found comparing the appearances.

please help a noob!!!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 11:31:36 PM by Gulfstream » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: