Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Easy/Reliable/Useful/Best remote desktop software  (Read 3384 times)
hopsis

« on: October 01, 2014, 12:33:19 AM »

I know that this forum isn't here primarily for asking about computer related stuff, I also know that some of the worst geeks I've ever encountered are here  Cheesy

I have a relatively powerful desktop PC running Win8 at home. Then I have a Win7 64-bit running in a Oracle VirtualBox on that home computer.  Most of the more shady stuff that I have is on that virtual machine. I use it for opening unknown RAR or ZIP files, testing programs that I don't trust or are somehow legally challenged and simply because everything still doesn't work right in Win8. Also it's nice to know that I have full control of internet access of that virtual machine. I have some things I'd like to be able to do from this work computer every now and then, I can easily access the home Win8 PC with Teamviewer but is there any sensible way to access the virtual machine directly. I presume the lag would be horrible if I have to use two remote desktop softwares layered on top of each other. Internet connections are good at both ends, LTE with about 50Mbit down- and 20Mbit Uplinks. The home PC is almost always on, if the cat hasn't stepped on the power button, that is...

I haven't tried it yet but presumably the Win7 running in the virtualbox would support teamviewer but then I'd have to leave the Virtual machine running. I'd like the option to wake up the virtualbox when needed. Any recommendations? Suggestions?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 08:52:30 AM »

i just use remote desktop (rdp) for everything.

or, if I dont need a gui, cygwin sshd.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: