Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 512453 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2014, 03:45:30 AM »

I have to look at that file again. Then I will tell you what the vvt schedule is Smiley

As for timing ONLY on the 3rd gear pull, of course not. Dial in WOT as it covers the broadest range of loads and RPM where performance is generally gauged. Then, fill in the rest. You obviously want a smooth timing table. It's a bit like art.

I wish I could be a bit clearer. Try viewing it in graph view/heatmap. You'll see.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
thelastleroy

« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2014, 03:53:07 AM »

Thanks again,  you're a prince
AudiMan85

« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2014, 09:45:35 AM »

I just wanted to add the Torque App vs. Logs show some slight difference for me on the 2.7T for boost and slow data logging. I use the paid copy. Just wanted to point out its not that great at sample rate so beware. Idk if it works better for you, I use the mini blue elm327 connected to a galaxy s5.

My other question is do you have the app setup to get boost readings via MAF or MAP? Have you dialed in your baro pressure into the settings? It looks like you know what your doing. I'm just bringing things up that might help with using the app and the results.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:50:07 AM by AudiMan85 » Logged

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
thelastleroy

« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2014, 01:43:40 PM »

I'm not relying on torque for logging, mostly to check codes etc on the go.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2014, 01:52:50 PM »

Handy for watching fuel trims too..

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
A4Rich

« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2014, 02:29:53 PM »

You are not doing anything wrong. Your file very rarely advances the camshafts, and never during a WOT pull in factory configuration. Thus, the camshaft angle is always 0 (a degree or two deflection is expected).
Thanks ddillenger, makes so much more sense!  I am also curious as to reason the camshafts are rarely advanced, any gains to be had on the stock turbo? 

I think I located the correct VVT map (KFNWSE @ 2C266, see attachment) with RPM and Load axes for normal operation (2 others in same area).  The value of 18 corresponds to 0 degrees and -4 corresponds 22. Correct?
ddillenger

« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2014, 02:57:02 PM »

Thanks ddillenger, makes so much more sense!  I am also curious as to reason the camshafts are rarely advanced, any gains to be had on the stock turbo? 

I think I located the correct VVT map (KFNWSE @ 2C266, see attachment) with RPM and Load axes for normal operation (2 others in same area).  The value of 18 corresponds to 0 degrees and -4 corresponds 22. Correct?

Yes, there are gains to be had. I suggest logging stock, then advancing the camshafts until 2-300RPM after peak boost, then returning them to rest. Then, log again and compare time to speed.

NOTE!!!!

Don't take what I say as gospel. This is just my experience/opinion. The entire reason these threads never existed before is noone wants to declare anything with certainty and risk being incorrect. So, I am all for being taught a thing or two Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
A4Rich

« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2014, 03:13:30 PM »

Yes, there are gains to be had. I suggest logging stock, then advancing the camshafts until 2-300RPM after peak boost, then returning them to rest. Then, log again and compare time to speed.
Sounds like a good test plan! I think this next weekend I will be able to flash the stage 1 file as i have finally have the logger working on my computer and have a basic understanding/consequences of what I am adjusting in the bin.

NOTE!!!!

Don't take what I say as gospel. This is just my experience/opinion. The entire reason these threads never existed before is noone wants to declare anything with certainty and risk being incorrect. So, I am all for being taught a thing or two Smiley

Noted.  Smiley  Believe me I understand and have the same reservation as the consequences have the potential to be major.
turboat

« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2014, 03:31:50 PM »

IIRC the VVT on the 1.8t is used for emissions, not for performance - according to the internets anyway.
SB_GLI

« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2014, 05:38:03 PM »

Would you say for the purposes of this project that we only have to modify kfzw?  Leave kfzw2 alone?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:45:08 PM by SB_GLI » Logged
vwaudiguy

« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2014, 08:26:11 PM »

Would you say for the purposes of this project that we only have to modify kfzw?  Leave kfzw2 alone?

Is there a downside to having the most advanced ign timing possible at all rpm/load points? Always wondered how much commercial tuners experimented with lower rpm and load points. Improvements for fuel mileage for instance..

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
thelastleroy

« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2014, 03:36:52 AM »

I have to look at that file again. Then I will tell you what the vvt schedule is Smiley

As for timing ONLY on the 3rd gear pull, of course not. Dial in WOT as it covers the broadest range of loads and RPM where performance is generally gauged. Then, fill in the rest. You obviously want a smooth timing table. It's a bit like art.

I wish I could be a bit clearer. Try viewing it in graph view/heatmap. You'll see.

I had anther look at the timing maps, and I'm still stumped. I'm seeing load values in the rpm-vs-load line that are off the chart in the timing map, what values does the ecu use in this case? If someone could post a screen of some stock and modified timing maps side-by-side, with the rpm/load graph I might understand better what is necessary. The degree of variation in these maps and how important they are to the health of the engine is a little scary to me.

To be honest I think I'm in over my head with the timing adjustment. Would anyone like to "pick up the torch"? I would gladly test/log any changes so that we have a series of logs on the same car.
mitkoenchev

« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2014, 09:12:51 AM »

I don't know if this is the right example, but that's what I have - stock 150bhp and tuned 190bhp for A4 1.8T AVJ. I hope it helps.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2014, 09:18:28 AM »

I had anther look at the timing maps, and I'm still stumped. I'm seeing load values in the rpm-vs-load line that are off the chart in the timing map, what values does the ecu use in this case?

The highest axis value still on the chart

To be honest I think I'm in over my head with the timing adjustment. Would anyone like to "pick up the torch"? I would gladly test/log any changes so that we have a series of logs on the same car.

Time to pick up an EFI book Smiley

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2014, 09:23:36 AM »

I don't know if this is the right example, but that's what I have - stock 150bhp and tuned 190bhp for A4 1.8T AVJ. I hope it helps.

I don't think it is a good idea to mess with any low load/rpm timing values. Generally, the factory does a good job there.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: