Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 52
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 502487 times)
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2014, 06:31:12 AM »

Been looking for the rest of these maps with no luck, I have KFNWHE, KFNWRE, KFNWSE defined with the correct axes (thanks littco)... is it necessary (recommended?) that these other maps be defined?  The stock bin appears (based on logging) to be activating VVT per KFNWSE as well as KFNWHE.

i was tryed KFNWSE only with no luck on my 06A906032DR AUM engine, cant say about yours.. just try Smiley
littco

« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2014, 11:23:54 AM »

i was tryed KFNWSE only with no luck on my 06A906032DR AUM engine, cant say about yours.. just try Smiley
032dr is only using vvt for warm up...

On these wse is enough to change vvt...
littco

« Reply #257 on: November 19, 2014, 02:53:31 AM »

032dr is only using vvt for warm up...

On these wse is enough to change vvt...

Just to add you need to set CDNWS to 3 ( set to 2 on the AK file)
A4Rich

« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2014, 07:50:58 AM »

Just to add you need to set CDNWS to 3 ( set to 2 on the AK file)

Thanks again, found it at 181AF.  Would you mind explaining more about what changing from 2 to 3 means?.  From golf damos I have it is described as Codewort DNWS abschalten (EURO-Codierung), CD..=0 -> keine Diagnose... so changing to 0 turns off the diagnostic.
A4Rich

« Reply #259 on: November 20, 2014, 08:16:19 AM »

Speaking of CDs, does anyone have a lead on CLRSHK?

Think I have located CLRSHK (8bit) @ 12379 with a decimal value of 16 but confirmation would be nice.
masterj

« Reply #260 on: November 21, 2014, 03:26:54 AM »

Some summary has to be done in first post of this thread.

thelastleroy

« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2014, 09:31:32 PM »

Some summary has to be done in first post of this thread.

I edited the original post to better introduce the thread. Hope it's what you had in mind masterj.

In other news, I've been messing with kmfirl and kmfiop (see pic). I have "Italian tuned" the KMFIRL table by multiplying all values by 1.15. I then plugged these numbers into berTTos' interpolator excel spreadsheet and adjusted the column header numbers for the KMFIOP map.

The interpolator did its magic and gave me a table to copy over to tunerpro. I made some modifications to the LDRXN table to allow for the increased load specified by my new KMFIRL.

I flashed the file and took the car for a drive. First impression is wow. My boost pressure is now increased to 15-16psi and feels very fun to drive. I did notice some weirdness on WOT pulls. I logged a few pulls. With more boost I'm seeing timing corrections now where before I had none. I pulled all of the timing advance I had previously put in and logged another pull which I will post here.

When I got home I looked at the log and couln't make sense of what I was seeing. I went back to the KMFIRL/KMFIOP modifiacations I had made, and realized that I didn't change the KMFIOP load and rpm axis in my bin to match the modified axis in the excel spreadsheet. Would this explain what I'm seeing in the logs? I'm obviously going to put the correct values into the KMFIOP table and retry the file on the car. It's just that I've never seen this in a log. It almost felt like my clutch was slipping, and then grabbed again. Really weird.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:11:06 PM by thelastleroy » Logged
A4Rich

« Reply #262 on: November 21, 2014, 11:40:32 PM »

I edited the original post to better introduce the thread. Hope it's what you had in mind masterj.

In other news, I've been messing with kmfirl and kmfiop (see pic). I have "Italian tuned" the KMFIRL table by multiplying all values by 1.15. I then plugged these numbers into berTTos' interpolator excel spreadsheet and adjusted the column header numbers for the KMFIOP map.

The interpolator did its magic and gave me a table to copy over to tunerpro. I made some modifications to the LDRXN table to allow for the increased load specified by my new KMFIRL.

I flashed the file and took the car for a drive. First impression is wow. My boost pressure is now increased to 15-16psi and feels very fun to drive. I did notice some weirdness on WOT pulls. I logged a few pulls. With more boost I'm seeing timing corrections now where before I had none. I pulled all of the timing advance I had previously put in and logged another pull which I will post here.

When I got home I looked at the log and couln't make sense of what I was seeing. I went back to the KMFIRL/KMFIOP modifiacations I had made, and realized that I didn't change the KMFIOP load and rpm axis in my bin to match the modified axis in the excel spreadsheet. Would this explain what I'm seeing in the logs? I'm obviously going to put the correct values into the KMFIOP table and retry the file on the car. It's just that I've never seen this in a log. It almost felt like my clutch was slipping, and then grabbed again. Really weird.

Looks like with the adjustments to KMFIRL/KMFIOP your peaking out the fuel injector duty cycle at 105%.  Is this a desirable situation Huh
thelastleroy

« Reply #263 on: November 22, 2014, 06:28:54 AM »

Yes, 15% more KMFIRL has put me into the red with IDC. More and more I'm wanting new injectors....For now, I'm going to redo the increase to 10% and correct the axis error I made. I'm also going to cut back LDRXN after 4000 to try and save a bit more headroom in IDC, which peaks out around 5000.

I'll log later today if possible

bk56190

« Reply #264 on: November 22, 2014, 08:06:21 AM »

Don't change KFMIRL, only LDRXN;
A4Rich

« Reply #265 on: November 22, 2014, 04:59:32 PM »

Yes, 15% more KMFIRL has put me into the red with IDC. More and more I'm wanting new injectors....For now, I'm going to redo the increase to 10% and correct the axis error I made. I'm also going to cut back LDRXN after 4000 to try and save a bit more headroom in IDC, which peaks out around 5000.

I'll log later today if possible

Would like to see maps when your done, just starting to look into KMFIRL/KMFIOP. 

Know what you mean about the injectors... how about a 6.0 bar fuel filter/regulator from a B7?
thelastleroy

« Reply #266 on: November 22, 2014, 07:04:27 PM »

Is that regulator/filter direct fit for A4? That would be a very simple upgrade (my filter is probably partially clogged by now anyways) and would allow for much more fuel. Is it fairly easy to scale the fueling for higher fuel pressure?

Is the stock 1.8t fuel pump up to the task of maintaining higher pressure?
A4Rich

« Reply #267 on: November 22, 2014, 11:44:10 PM »

Is that regulator/filter direct fit for A4? That would be a very simple upgrade (my filter is probably partially clogged by now anyways) and would allow for much more fuel. Is it fairly easy to scale the fueling for higher fuel pressure?

Is the stock 1.8t fuel pump up to the task of maintaining higher pressure?
Maybe, we should create a new thread in the vehicle tech section for the B6 A4 and not clutter this one that does not apply to most others??

The filter should work, 2.0t guys have been installing the 1.8t filters on accident...  The B6 1.8t filter has 3 and some times 4 ports.  When I replaced mine it had 4 ports, the 4th port is a vent line that can be blocked off when using a 3 port version.  This an interesting thread with good information about the 4 port fuel filter, click

Tuning wise we would be modifying KRKTE and TVUB.  Using some online calculators the flow values are: 
B6 1.8t injectors 282cc @ 3bar or 398cc @ 6bar
TT225 injectors 386cc @ 3bar or 445cc @ 4bar

The stock pump probably would not be up to the task however @ 105K miles I am thinking of replacing mine with a DW300.

I think increasing the fuel pressure especially considering the the B6 dose not have a manifold reference would provide beneficial results (Bosch EV12 information indicates that maximum system pressure of 8bar) . 

Edit: B6 fuel injector information.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:12:27 PM by A4Rich » Logged
Fadelight

« Reply #268 on: November 23, 2014, 07:03:08 AM »

Just for clarification... the bin in the OP is a stock file, even though it is titled "STG1"?
thelastleroy

« Reply #269 on: November 23, 2014, 07:29:11 AM »

Just for clarification... the bin in the OP is a stock file, even though it is titled "STG1"?
Yes. This file is stock. There are some tuned files later in the thread, but it is advisable to fully understand the changes and what they do.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: