Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 502538 times)
thelastleroy

« Reply #285 on: November 24, 2014, 08:25:56 PM »

You can't just multiply the entire table by 15 percent. If you feel it's limiting you, increase the last 2 rows, then rescale IOP to suit.

Yeah I learned this the hard way. For the record, the last log is entire table times 1.10, and KMFIOP scaled with the excel calculator and load axis modified. After trying a few more things with KMFIRL (shifted tables over 1 column like nyet said), I like the way the latest revision feels to drive. But realisitically I'm out of fuel injector duty cycle. The stock hardware dream is over daz...I'm going to need those fuel injectors.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:29:18 PM by thelastleroy » Logged
A4Rich

« Reply #286 on: November 24, 2014, 08:54:05 PM »

I don't have the KMFIRL axis' defined to alter the load values per your suggestion, could someone help me set this up?

See attached XDF. Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #287 on: November 24, 2014, 11:57:24 PM »

fter trying a few more things with KMFIRL (shifted tables over 1 column like nyet said)

hmm was saying just do that to IOP.

for KFMIRL you only really need to raise the last two or three columns, and you can leave the axis alone...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
littco

« Reply #288 on: November 25, 2014, 01:51:51 AM »

Yeah I learned this the hard way. For the record, the last log is entire table times 1.10, and KMFIOP scaled with the excel calculator and load axis modified. After trying a few more things with KMFIRL (shifted tables over 1 column like nyet said), I like the way the latest revision feels to drive. But realisitically I'm out of fuel injector duty cycle. The stock hardware dream is over daz...I'm going to need those fuel injectors.

You could always try the TT 225bhp IML/IOP ...
thelastleroy

« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2014, 07:39:28 PM »

So I've decided the KMFIRL/KMFIRL modifications must wait. I like how these tables open up more power, but I simply can't fuel the car beyond 4000rpm. I went back to the drawing board today and came up with a new revision that has less boost (stock IRL/IOP), but more timing.

I did a log, and I noticed my requested load is quite a bit lower than my specified load until it starts to ramp down (following LDRXN profile) at 5500rpm. Is this a result of HBN or some other function? Posting a log and the graph showing what I'm seeing. My IDC is managable now, I think I can afford a bit more push in the area where requested doesn't match specified.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2014, 07:54:21 PM »

log ldlrts and ldrlms

also if you have stock IOP you might be getting slow path torque limiting.

You'd have to log the various torque variables referenced in the torque intervention section of the tuning wiki (misol, miszul etc)... some of them aren't autodetected by me7l so you'll probably need IDA or something to find them.

I think you should have mifa, miist, misol, miszul though

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
thelastleroy

« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2014, 08:01:45 PM »

Thanks nyet.

I put the variables into my log config. I'll re-log in the morning and post the csv. I have all of these: mifa, miist, misol, miszul.

Typo on ldlrts? My config detects ldrlts and ldrlms. Engine and turbo protection functions?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:06:21 PM by thelastleroy » Logged
thelastleroy

« Reply #292 on: November 27, 2014, 05:24:48 AM »

Here's the log with the new variables.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #293 on: November 27, 2014, 12:34:16 PM »

Here's the log with the new variables.

Your mifa (reqested torque) is significantly below driver requested torque (mrfa). You'll need to increase the last load column of IOP so that it generates a torque request high enough to output a load request (from IRL) that meets rlmax, or make sure IRL requests a load that meets rlmax at 75ish torque and above.

Not sure how to explain this more clearly, it is kind of confusing. I have reworded the s4wiki tuning page some.. you can review it again if you like.

HBN looks fine.

mizul (torque intervention limit by timing cut) looks fine.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:37:46 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

thelastleroy

« Reply #294 on: November 27, 2014, 05:38:51 PM »

Your mifa (reqested torque) is significantly below driver requested torque (mrfa). You'll need to increase the last load column of IOP so that it generates a torque request high enough to output a load request (from IRL) that meets rlmax, or make sure IRL requests a load that meets rlmax at 75ish torque and above.

The area that needs improvement is everything before 5500rpm. After your suggestion I thought about increasing IRL in the 2000-5500 areas at 75 torque and above, and leave the higher rpm range where it is? Should I re-do the IOP with the Excel tool after changing IRL or leave it alone?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #295 on: November 27, 2014, 07:47:31 PM »

The easiest thing to do is just increase the last column of IOP to 99%... I have had good success with the IOP tool, but ONLY in the higher load/torque areas.

Everything else is best left stock (you can also shift columns down, along with the axis values, if you need room up top)

ECUx Plot

thelastleroy

« Reply #296 on: November 27, 2014, 08:08:11 PM »

Ok thanks nyet. I'm going to try a few ideas and I'll post a log when I think it's right.
thelastleroy

« Reply #297 on: November 28, 2014, 10:12:28 PM »

Here's the latest log. I feel like I'm getting close to the limit with the stock hardware. The IDC is under control now, maxing out at 95%. Fueling is (mostly) doing what it should I think, and timing is optimized in the higher rpm range (literally no more advance possible without corrections).

Setting the last column of IOP to all 99 did the trick, and I also modified IRL to request the load I expect to see from LDRXN at those rpm ranges. After these adjustments I needed to go back and trim LDRXN down to bring the IDC's back under 100%. Requested load is now right along with specified load. Thanks for the help nyet! Cool prince Cool

So basically, I'm looking to fine-tune all the nits and hang this one up. I'll post the actual bin file when it's done. The car feels quite fun to drive now, but somehow I feel like this is just the beginning.....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 10:25:03 PM by thelastleroy » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #298 on: November 28, 2014, 10:14:46 PM »

Good work. I find nothing worth criticizing in your log!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
thelastleroy

« Reply #299 on: November 28, 2014, 10:27:53 PM »

Thanks D. I'm really happy with the project. Mostly now I just want to make sure it's bullet-proof. Then it's on to bigger and faster things I guess. This train doesn't stop does it?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: