Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 512455 times)
thelastleroy

« Reply #375 on: December 08, 2014, 03:42:52 PM »

Can anyone confirm that I should set ALL KFMIZUOF  and KFMIZUFIL table values to 99 in order to test if TM is causing the timing swings? Going to log this tonight if I can get a "hell yeah"
MadCow

« Reply #376 on: December 08, 2014, 05:30:33 PM »

What's the best course of action re: discussion of my port to the CH box? I don't think it deserves it's own sticky, but at the same time it'll be confusing to have people talking about 2 different bins in this thread. Should I just continue in the "Converting: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003) over to 4B0906018CM" thread?
thelastleroy

« Reply #377 on: December 08, 2014, 05:54:23 PM »

What's the best course of action re: discussion of my port to the CH box? I don't think it deserves it's own sticky, but at the same time it'll be confusing to have people talking about 2 different bins in this thread. Should I just continue in the "Converting: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003) over to 4B0906018CM" thread?

I think porting to other ECUs will require separate threads, like the one you're helping along for the CH box. The small variations between software (eg. zk being a table vs. a single variable) will be confusing. It will also bloat this already MEGA thread.

Once we get the fine details dialed on this tune, I'm hoping to get this thread cleaned up to just the basics of what changes were made and why. If it's clear enough, there won't really even be need for "tuned" files here. The thread will guide the reader through the process.

Not trying to be exclusive, at all. Just want to keep this thread about tuning a file, and not about converting a tune to another format.
thelastleroy

« Reply #378 on: December 08, 2014, 07:35:09 PM »

I went ahead and did a little experiment and it looks like disabling the TM via KFMIZUOF and KFMIZUFIL did nothing to help the timing swings. Or perhaps the maps aren't defined right in the XDF?

I've attached a shot of the maps (99 ended up rounding to 98.8 or something) and a log from this modification. 6* timing swings still happening. What the problem is?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:59:23 PM by thelastleroy » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #379 on: December 08, 2014, 08:49:57 PM »

I went ahead and did a little experiment and it looks like disabling the TM via KFMIZUOF and KFMIZUFIL did nothing to help the timing swings. Or perhaps the maps aren't defined right in the XDF?

I've attached a shot of the maps (99 ended up rounding to 98.8 or something) and a log from this modification. 6* timing swings still happening. What the problem is?

It's not intervention. The sample rate is high, and the scale is small. 

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
thelastleroy

« Reply #380 on: December 08, 2014, 09:00:18 PM »

It's not intervention. The sample rate is high, and the scale is small. 

Derp. So basically I've been chasing my tail? Are you saying that the sample rate on me7logger is so fast that the resulting data is "between" the actual, important values? What do you mean that the scale is small? Not worth worrying about?
ddillenger

« Reply #381 on: December 08, 2014, 09:05:23 PM »

Derp. So basically I've been chasing my tail? Are you saying that the sample rate on me7logger is so fast that the resulting data is "between" the actual, important values? What do you mean that the scale is small? Not worth worrying about?

That's sorta what I'm saying. That, mixed with I'm not sure-lol.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
thelastleroy

« Reply #382 on: December 08, 2014, 09:12:26 PM »

That's sorta what I'm saying. That, mixed with I'm not sure-lol.

Well I'm stumped. The car runs well, so that's good. I'm just getting fussy with the details. If the timing on the last log looks reasonable, I'll call it good enough until we see some other logs/bugs to work out.

littco

« Reply #383 on: December 09, 2014, 01:02:49 AM »

Well I'm stumped. The car runs well, so that's good. I'm just getting fussy with the details. If the timing on the last log looks reasonable, I'll call it good enough until we see some other logs/bugs to work out.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=7361.0title=

this topic was along the same lines, the axis made the swings far more worse than they actually where. Guess you have the same ,
thelastleroy

« Reply #384 on: December 09, 2014, 07:27:23 PM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=7361.0title=

this topic was along the same lines, the axis made the swings far more worse than they actually where. Guess you have the same ,

I read this topic, but it looks like the timing swings are a bit more severe on this file (6* vs 4*).

Another thought I had today: I haven't been turning off the traction control when logging. Is this problematic?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #385 on: December 09, 2014, 08:47:19 PM »

I read this topic, but it looks like the timing swings are a bit more severe on this file (6* vs 4*).

Another thought I had today: I haven't been turning off the traction control when logging. Is this problematic?

YES. Big time.

B_asr

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
thelastleroy

« Reply #386 on: December 10, 2014, 05:44:26 PM »

YES. Big time.

B_asr

I did another log with the traction control off. What specifically does the TC affect negatively for our purposes?

I'm not sure what B_asr means. I searched for it, googled, and even checked my logger config file to see if I could log it. It's not in there, and when I put it there, me7logger didn't like it and wouldn't launch.

The main thing is, traction control off did not change the timing swings.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #387 on: December 10, 2014, 05:47:43 PM »

Not ASR then. Something else Sad

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
thelastleroy

« Reply #388 on: December 10, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »

I'm going to need to compare with a log from another car to eliminate the possibility of a sensor or other flaw on my hardware. Until then I'm just gonna drive it.
littco

« Reply #389 on: December 11, 2014, 08:43:03 AM »

I'm going to need to compare with a log from another car to eliminate the possibility of a sensor or other flaw on my hardware. Until then I'm just gonna drive it.

heres some over lays on your logs on the one I currently have. My boost profile different as I'm throwing in more boost early but even so you can see the difference in timing, whilst it looks similar later on the rpm range there is a section 5000-6000 where your swings are far more...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: