Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 511751 times)
N7CommanderShepard

« Reply #465 on: February 14, 2015, 08:22:27 AM »

Cool makes sense.
_nameless

« Reply #466 on: February 19, 2015, 02:21:53 PM »

You can use all on af. Hardware difrence being 5 speed vs 6 speed. Any time you change software versions always boot mode first time  Smiley

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
narf0815

« Reply #467 on: February 21, 2015, 01:48:59 AM »

Here is a 3rd gear pull from a A4 B6 8E 2003 with BFB engine.

2,5" Exhaust, no DP and with cat
Pipercross Airfilter
Samco Turbohose
Forge Splittr China Knockoff

thelastleroy

« Reply #468 on: February 21, 2015, 06:24:44 AM »

Nice one!
narf0815

« Reply #469 on: February 22, 2015, 02:21:44 AM »

Log was made with Shell V-Power (100 "german" octane).
The promised "high speed log" will come later. Still on winter tires...

What's a good upgrade next?
2,5" DP with 200cell cat

or

FMIC?

Or should this go to the Stage 2 Topic?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:34:33 AM by narf0815 » Logged
thelastleroy

« Reply #470 on: March 09, 2015, 03:26:57 AM »

Here is a 3rd gear pull from a A4 B6 8E 2003 with BFB engine.

The logical step is to move on to the stage 2 if your car is equipped with upgraded parts. Your log looks good to me, I'm happy that the tune works well on another car without much adjustment. If there are no reports of ill effects, I don't see any need to "improve" this tune from a performance standpoint, we're out of IDC. Perhaps just tweak the BTS fueling for a bit more safety.

The timing tables will need to be adjusted by end user if high quality gasoline cannot be used.
cobblers

« Reply #471 on: March 14, 2015, 02:18:16 AM »

Great thread! if a little hard to follow. I have read this over and over, while going through the supplied BINs and trying to understand exactly what has been changed and why, so that I can make a start on my own Stage 1 (6L Ibiza Cupra 1.8t) on an ME7.5.
However I'm finding it hard to really put together a cohesive "list" of tables I need to get involved with before logging and tweaking – there’s obviously several ways to skin a cat but I’m finding it awkward to find a place to start. I’ve more or less completed modifying the XDF supplied in the OP to suit my BIN (06A906032RP) and I’m eager to get started. The car already has a commercial stage 1, but I have cloned a spare ECU with a stock BIN and I'm starting from scratch as the existing tune has been obfuscated and I would rather learn from a stock file.

So, from what I can tell:
  • 1: Add some fuel at high load via LAMFA - Modify the axis and enrich it to 0.9063 at >90% load (or more if I want to use crappy cheap fuel)
  • 2: Increase Maximum load via LDRXN keeping initial ramp up angle similar but extending to allow 30/40% more around 3500RPM
  • 3: Modify timing via KFZW/KFZW2 (I have a commercial stage1 tune already on the car, it has been obfuscated but I have located and decoded both KFZW/KFZW2 in it, they are within about 4 or 5 degrees of stock across the board IIRC. I planned to use these as a starting point, obviously compared to the tables in the tuned file here)
  • 4: Modify Optimal Engine Torque via KMFIOP (Compare the adjustments made between the stock to tuned files and do similar to mine)
  • 5: Modify Desired Load via KFMIRL  (Again, Compare the adjustments made between the stock to tuned files and do similar to mine)
  • 6: Export, ME7sum, upload to car, take logs of 2nd gear pass, check for anything dangerous, log 3rd gear pass, check again and repeat 1-6  to refine the file.

Am I way off track anywhere?
thelastleroy

« Reply #472 on: March 14, 2015, 06:50:52 AM »

Yep, that's basically what we did here. If you're starting from scratch it's probably best to change one thing at a time and flash, log and analyze the results. This way you can see if the last change made a difference, for better or worse. If you change everything all at once you might see gains vs stock, but you won't be "optimizing" each table, if that makes sense.
cobblers

« Reply #473 on: March 14, 2015, 06:56:04 AM »

Great, thanks!

In the meantime, I got impatient and did basically all of the above, wrote it to the ECU and took the car out. Seems to pull harder than stock at some points, but I'm definitely hitting some kind of boost or fuel cut as boost is peaky and there's a great big flat spot. Only did a few pulls as I don't want to risk damaging anything.

I'll probably strip back to just LAMFA and LDRXN, and log from there. Thanks again, I'll try not to clutter this thread up too much!
TLS

« Reply #474 on: March 17, 2015, 07:43:38 PM »

Leroy

Was there a straight answer as to why you rescaled Lamfa back to start at 50 -> and then still only used 90 and 97?

thelastleroy

« Reply #475 on: March 21, 2015, 04:11:01 AM »

I was copying the 2.7t guys. Some people bring fuel in much earlier in small increments.  I only ever needed the last two columns for this.
N7CommanderShepard

« Reply #476 on: March 23, 2015, 11:39:53 AM »

1: Add some fuel at high load via LAMFA - Modify the axis and enrich it to 0.9063 at >90% load (or more if I want to use crappy cheap fuel)

So if we are to use 91 Octane US fuel (the tune made here is for 94 iirc) we have to increase enrichment?
What other adjustments would have to be made besides this?
ddillenger

« Reply #477 on: March 23, 2015, 01:40:58 PM »

So if we are to use 91 Octane US fuel (the tune made here is for 94 iirc) we have to increase enrichment?
What other adjustments would have to be made besides this?

Much less timing.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
TLS

« Reply #478 on: March 25, 2015, 12:24:50 AM »

Okay, I'll try to illustrate the initial timing changes that I would make.

In the image entitled "new timing", you see the current timing curve which is the bright green line.  I've drawn with blue the timing curve I would like to achieve, more or less.  The changes noted below is my attempt at making the green like look more like the blue line I drew in.

Starting with the original values, I can see that we are making load that is off the end of the kfzw load axis.  So, I first would modify that axis to better fit our application.  In the last log I can see our load goes from 165 early on in the revs and tapers almost linearly down to 128 at 6000.  I will pick 165 as our last axis value, and move the 140 row back where 130 is now.  I then took the values from the last column (was 140) and pasted them into the second to last column (now 140).  Then I just took the values of the last row and took 1.5 degrees off of it.  I looked at the graph to verify that all the new values made a smooth transition at the end of the map.

The image entitled one shows where I then took areas from log where the timing flattens out, I added 2.25 degrees in the areas that needed more in the upper revs, and 1.5 degrees in the lower areas.  Now, you'll see I end up with a map that's lumpy.  This is were you can unleash your inner artist and smooth it all out.  I defined the two areas that I just modified as my "high points" of the maps, so I won't adjust those much more upward.  After you get done smoothing the curve, you should end up with something more like the image entitled two.

Most of the changes that I have made here equates to around 1.5 to 2.25 degrees advancement over the stock map.  It's tricky to see that though due to how the load axis was modified.

I would then take these changes, flash them, log them, and look for any timing correction factors.  If there are any CF's I would retard a bit at that rpm/load that the CFs started.  If we are still at 0 for cfs, I would continue to advance the timing in increments of 1.5-3.0 in the areas needed until I just barely start seeing CF's and then finally adjust that area down a hair.

Hope that all makes sense.
SB - Great post!

I'm working through this at the moment.
I have 156 as my max load on ldrxn (kind of arbitrarily, I am staying a bit more conservative than you and not messing with as much (at the moment)).
My last KFZW axis was 150 at stock, so I changed this to 156 and did an excel extrapolation to get new values.
My second last axis was 130.25 and I upped it to 134.25 and did an excel interpolate between the existing 130 and 150 numbers.

That was simple enough in the table, but for the axis I could not change them directly in TP. I had to use the TP HEX function, find the specific cells and change them in HEX.  It appears as though I took 156 / .75 (the factor used in the XDF axis conversion), used excel to =dec2hex the number and inserted the new HEX in the file.

Does it look like I got it right? (Noting that I have not tuned KFZW yet, as I am just getting the tune together and I was going to leave that until I had some logs from the LDRXN and LAMFA changes first.
Oh, and I have no VVT so I am leaving KFZW2 alone. (Well, the axes are rescaled but I figure not to change the table  - I guess I could change it to match my new inter/extra-polate values)

ddillenger

« Reply #479 on: March 25, 2015, 12:29:12 AM »

There is no need to make changes to axis for that insignificant of a change. You're just making more work than is necessary.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: