Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 502514 times)
overclockedpc

« Reply #525 on: September 01, 2015, 01:38:57 PM »

Stock and tuned logs attached.... Maybe I should try correcting my knock and timing issues on the stock file first... I just thought to log a stock run and was surprised at the results.

IAT is reporting 75C...could that be it?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #526 on: September 01, 2015, 01:40:20 PM »

Post the whole log. Also use the "file->export" function and not screen shots so we can see the whole thing.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
overclockedpc

« Reply #527 on: September 01, 2015, 02:32:30 PM »

Hope I did this right....

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #528 on: September 01, 2015, 03:19:39 PM »

Your requested LAMFA is delayed. Please reread the LAMFA section of the tuning wiki.

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#LAMFAW

Don't bother with fixing timing until your AFR is actually where you want it. You aren't even CLOSE.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
overclockedpc

« Reply #529 on: September 01, 2015, 05:18:45 PM »

Timing pull may be caused by a vacuum leak that I found near the airbox....$4 part that nobody stocks so I have to wait until thursday to find out.

I got suspicious when I saw timing being pulled on the stock tune and started poking around and found that stupid little elbow.
overclockedpc

« Reply #530 on: September 06, 2015, 01:02:06 AM »

Vacuum leak fixed, results still crappy....

I'm very curious about this reported IAT.... 75C at idle? can that be right? Maybe a bad IAT sensor causing the CF?

Latest log attached.  What am I missing?
A4Rich

« Reply #531 on: September 06, 2015, 06:41:00 AM »

Vacuum leak fixed, results still crappy....

I'm very curious about this reported IAT.... 75C at idle? can that be right? Maybe a bad IAT sensor causing the CF?

Latest log attached.  What am I missing?

This, look at the attachment of your afr from the two logs.  It is richer than your previous but the delay still looks to be present.

Your requested LAMFA is delayed. Please reread the LAMFA section of the tuning wiki.

Are you running the latest tuned file (8E0909518AK_368072_NEF_STG_1v7 .xdf) ?  Timing was added at high loads from 2000 rpm on.
overclockedpc

« Reply #532 on: September 06, 2015, 11:00:32 AM »

Used that v7 tune file as a base since lamfa delay was supposed to be corrected in that.

Also seeing slight timing pull on stock tune but better than before. Another leak maybe? Could boost/vac leaks cause that much timing pull?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #533 on: September 06, 2015, 11:10:19 AM »

Could boost/vac leaks cause that much timing pull?

No, unless it is affecting fueling, which isn't even right with respect to REQUESTED let alone actual.

You're putting the cart well before the horse.

ECUx Plot

overclockedpc

« Reply #534 on: September 06, 2015, 11:59:25 AM »

I say this with all due respect.... What isn't right about fueling? I'm being told that I'm doing things wrong with no direction of what's right. I'm not asking for a step by step, but you tell me it's wrong, but don't tell me why it's wrong so I have no idea as to what is right/wrong about anything I'm doing.

Again, I'm not at all trying to be an ass and I truly do appreciate everything this forum has done for people and all the help the members have given me so far. I'm just having a hard time trying to figure out what's right and wrong.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #535 on: September 06, 2015, 12:05:04 PM »

Are you running 91oct?

If so, you need a lot more fuel sooner (see post about LAMFA delay), and probably need to pull some timing as well.

ECUx Plot

overclockedpc

« Reply #536 on: September 06, 2015, 01:26:32 PM »

Yes, 91 octane. I was as I believe 11.9:1, richer than that? Or just bring it in quicker than I am?

Thank you
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #537 on: September 06, 2015, 01:50:04 PM »

Yes, 91 octane. I was as I believe 11.9:1, richer than that? Or just bring it in quicker than I am?

Thank you

Ya. You should be at or below 12 before peak boost.

ECUx Plot

overclockedpc

« Reply #538 on: September 06, 2015, 06:15:37 PM »

Made some progress I think....

Went back to stock timing maps, put in fuel a bit earlier....

Seems like fueling isn't necessarily doing what I want it to, but ignition is under control now.

What do you guys think? Delay correction for the Lamfa should be fine since I started with the community project file but it still seems a bit off.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #539 on: September 06, 2015, 06:24:09 PM »

Delay correction for the Lamfa should be fine since I started with the community project file but it still seems a bit off.

It isn't ok. Log lamfa_w and you'll see it isn't good.

Please review the LAMFA section of the tuning page again.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2637.0

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: