Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Tuning for water/meth injection on 2.7T  (Read 25965 times)
AudiMan85

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 12:36:50 PM »

Log from the 10/3/2014, the weather has cooled down even more now. I'm very happy, so is the car.

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 02:10:58 PM »

If you pull timing at peak torque, you will be able to run MUCH more up top.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
AudiMan85

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 05:33:19 PM »

DD, are you meaning when tuning for w/m injection or based on my log I posted?

ddillenger

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 05:56:02 PM »

DD, are you meaning when tuning for w/m injection or based on my log I posted?

Based on your log.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
AudiMan85

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 07:20:00 PM »

Ok will do, thanks!

stuklr

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 10:04:10 PM »

Here is one of my logs on meth. I run a 350CC nozzle in each bi-pipe with my frankenturbos.
stuklr

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 10:05:42 PM »

Oh, and here is a cool calculator I found that has all the variables and helps choose nozzle size.

http://www.customperformancesolutions.com/waterinjectioncalc/
AudiMan85

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 09:45:41 AM »

Thanks for your log, gonna over view it now. Also thanks for the link, I been using devils own's calculator for nozzle size and will look at your link in a few.

My question is, now I am not on w/m injection yet, kit is still in the mail. But in regards to the log I posted that is just on 93 octane. Daz had said to decress timing when max tq. hits, when I looked at it in ECUplot it looks like load is at 205 around 3,000rpms. So the timing tables I have scaled to only 191. I would guess the ecu interpolates at that point what the values should be.

Where should I be making my changes? At 191 load and 3,000? By how much? If someone could explain better for when the area is off the table so I understand that would be great. I also included my tune below so someone could look at it or help me where I don't understand.

Thanks!

** As I see if  your calculator link provided that it says basically a 6gph nozzle would work, me doing 2 of the 3gph nozzle would be correct right? That calculator isn't saying 6gph per nozzle right? Also didn't know the frankenturbo's flow was that high, 400 g/s I see tops, thats nice, your timing looks great too, I'd love for them numbers.**

**Warning** Don't flash my file unless you have same mods as me! *** Just saying !!!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:00:50 AM by AudiMan85 » Logged

vwaudiguy

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 05:40:11 PM »

If you pull timing at peak torque, you will be able to run MUCH more up top.

Can you explain this a bit further? I looked at the logs. Is this always the case, or just with his car?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ddillenger

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 05:52:48 PM »

Can you explain this a bit further? I looked at the logs. Is this always the case, or just with his car?

I could, but it would come off as preachy. I suggest reading up on forced induction tuning.

As far as his specific log, once you get detected knock, you have to deal with hysteresis.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
carsey

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 05:54:46 PM »

Id like to know how that works aswell. Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 06:09:52 PM »

In laymans terms, think of it as an allergic reaction..

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AudiMan85

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 06:44:15 PM »

So your saying, knock when torque hits will cause timing from there on to stay on a low side verses trying to climb higher towards optimal timing maps?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 07:12:33 PM »

So your saying, knock when torque hits will cause timing from there on to stay on a low side verses trying to climb higher towards optimal timing maps?

See also "hysteresis".

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2014, 07:16:17 PM »

Yes buddy Smiley

Think of it as the ecu playing it safe. It pulls timing when it detects the knock, but doesn't add it back immediately. Ignition angle is advanced towards requested ignition angle when knock is no longer detected. Look at the logs.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:12:16 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: