Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Talk me into making the plunge.  (Read 5842 times)
DieselElectric

« on: May 01, 2016, 12:15:46 PM »

I'm currently on f21's with methanol and other goodies.  Running Eurodyne software but I am feeling cramped with what I can do.

My hesitation is because I have a LOT of time invested in getting my car where it is now.  I have managed a best FATS in the winter of 2.95, and it runs pretty well all things considered.  I don't want to flush all that down the drain, but I'm thinking I should just do it.

Thinking about putting my current ECM/Cable/MAF on sale and getting a stock ECM/switch to hitachi.

Thoughts?  Tips?  Hints?
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 12:18:09 PM »

What don't you like about the current tune?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
DieselElectric

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 12:26:33 PM »

Nothing big, my biggest gripe is that NLS is worthless.  It has a slight delay that renders it useless when you need it.  It also isn't TPS dependent, so if you work the clutch the wrong way while shifting it will just kill power and make you want to murder things.

Just little things.
DieselElectric

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 12:29:49 PM »

I worded that wrong, when starting out in 1st gear sometimes it will trigger the NLS and make the car buck something furious.  I disabled it due to this occasional issue.

I think I can save the tables into text format, so I'm thinking I could swap much of my current tune over manually.  It will take some time, but worth a shot?
vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 12:32:38 PM »

but worth a shot?

Hard to say. If I remember correctly, Maestro stuff incorporates a lot of hacks to the binary to make it work the way it does. If that were the only reason I'd say it isn't worth it. Now if you were interested to know how the ecu works, and willing to put in the time, I'd say go for it. Time is money.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
DieselElectric

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 12:54:08 PM »

Well the car is no longer my DD, which is why I'm considering this now.

I do have a tune that was given to me when I bought my stage 3 setup.  It is for a Hitachi car, so would my best bet be to find an M-box and hitachi maf? The tune I have I believe is setup for a base 93 tune on 550cc injectors, should be a good starting point.

I've looked it over off and on, already got my computer setup with tunerpro and the Nefmoto flashing software.
DieselElectric

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 05:30:13 PM »

Looks like this is going to happen.

Got someone interested in buying my current setup, and it was easy to transfer my MAF linearization table over, and set the offset.  I think I'm OK with starting from that point all over.  Plus alot of the time spent on my current setup was spent learning the ins and outs.

I'm actually kind of excited just to be tweaking things again.  I've gotten my car to a point now where I get to just drive it.  Funny how when a B5 works right, you start to miss the tinkering part.
littco

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 10:26:13 AM »

Looks like this is going to happen.

Got someone interested in buying my current setup, and it was easy to transfer my MAF linearization table over, and set the offset.  I think I'm OK with starting from that point all over.  Plus alot of the time spent on my current setup was spent learning the ins and outs.

I'm actually kind of excited just to be tweaking things again.  I've gotten my car to a point now where I get to just drive it.  Funny how when a B5 works right, you start to miss the tinkering part.

Ive been watching a few guys using eurodyne on their TSI engines , and whilst it is offering them a good solution it does seem to be a bit of a ball ache to setup and fairly restrictive. I would say if you had a newer car, then stick with it, but the older me7 you are definitely better going it alone as you will get far more out of it simply as there is a wealth of knowledge and understanding on the me7.1 ecu's now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: