Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rough idle with every start up, fuel trims being reset?  (Read 3486 times)
grasman94

« on: October 14, 2014, 04:47:51 PM »

Every time on cold start my car idles real rough, exactly like when you first flash a new map and the car has to adjust to fuel trims. Im not sure if the cold start has anything to do with it but it makes you notice that its idling insanely rough since its so loud, it will legit backfire and crack and pop and go crazy and then even itself out and idle completly normal. I contacted eurodyne support to see if it could possibly be tune related, he said no, and that it might have to do with my aftermarket intake. That makes me think that maybe my mass air flow sensor is bad? or faulty? I tried cleaning my MAF with MAF cleaner and reset the whole ECU reflashed the car and it didnt help. Every time i start my car its the craziest thing idles like its gonna stall and then corrects itself. Especially with a catless 3" all the way out haha. Theres a table in my tune that shows the MAF graph, and gives options to use stuff like a 3.5 hitachi MAF, do i need to pick one of these or something? no idea.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 05:40:07 PM »

Try a stock intake and a new MAF first.

Go from there.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
grasman94

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 12:06:54 PM »

It was the intake manifold.

Replaced it and all is good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: