Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello from Marietta, GA  (Read 2452 times)
Rick99

« on: October 27, 2014, 11:00:13 AM »

Hello All, I'm a new member from Marietta, GA.  We have an '02 Jetta VR6 in the family, that was converted from auto to 6 speed (poorly) before we bought it.
After several shops around here told us they didn't know anything about flashing or adapting used ECU's, I began poking around the Internet, the last straw was seeing a well known tool manufacturer posting on their site "we know of know way to read the SKC". Once someone says it can't be done, I'm ready to give it a try :-). After visiting this site several times I decided to join.

So far, I've downloaded several of the tools, and have retrieved EEPROM data info from our existing ECU as well as from a used one from a stick donor car. Now working on modifying the data in the used one or flashing my immo data on to it; and hopefully will soon piece together a bench flashing harness.

I want to thank everyone who has made all this know-how and the great tools available. I've already made more progress in a week than I would have on my own in years!  --Rick
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: