Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: KFMIOP, KFMIRL, LDRXN - Clarification  (Read 47912 times)
BDIX727

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 11:22:50 PM »

It doesn't do any good if the information posted is inaccurate and there is no discussion.

This is how information gets dragged out and it is what people learn from. Not only the people involved in the discussion, but everyone reading along.

It's perfectly fine to be wrong. I've been wrong plenty of times and I'm happy to admit it. The goal is truth, not portraying omniscience.

Don't play word games, bring facts to the table, and have a real intellectual discussion. Grin

Sure man, a map that restricts max pressure ratio is designed to cap load and should be used for that purpose. Kfmirl is used for torque monitoring. That will help everybody.
BDIX727

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 11:29:42 PM »

Yes. This is a unique place BECAUSE people often forgo PMs and discuss things openly, IMO. As far as I know, no other place exists like it (at least for tuning european cars). The tendency is to get into an argument, then eschew any public discussion, and suddenly, only tiny closed cliques end up exchanging information, and none of it is ever documented or explained publicly.

To that extent, any toxic atmosphere and unnecessary drama discourages open communication. I'm hoping that with that in mind, we can keep it positive and constructive.

I'm all for it. This place was where I found the MED9 FR and it allowed me to make my first file. I don't really do me7, so I won't be of too much help but wherever I can I'll chime in.
phila_dot

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2014, 07:16:32 AM »

Sure man, a map that restricts max pressure ratio is designed to cap load and should be used for that purpose. Kfmirl is used for torque monitoring. That will help everybody.

That statement doesn't make much sense. If it was secret handshake type of stuff I wouldn't be giving free advice away to help an enthusiast dial in boost control via pm. I wouldn't be talking at length about motronic theory in the open or posting on the only vag tuning open source site anywhere.

I made that comment for 1 simple reason, why bother posting if it's going to be a headache and you end up having to argue simple points.

By what means do you think KFLDHBN opererates?

Either you don't know what a pressure ratio is or you don't understand how desired load is related to target boost pressure.

These are not simple points, but fundamental concepts.

A simple point would be your argument that ambient pressure isn't an axis or output of the map. That is irrelevant. The pressure ratio output is converted to absolute pressure (multiplied by ambient) and then to a desired load limit. The absolute pressure is only converted to the desired load limit and not used for anything else. It isn't even written to RAM.

Desired load is converted to modelled intake manifold pressure and finally target boost pressure at the MAP sensor. KFLDHBN limits desired load to keep target boost pressure within the max pressure ratio. Ambient pressure is the main variable influence here.
chiptuners

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2014, 02:43:13 PM »

i would like some info on the newer MED17 etc... will pay i.e modules please reply here
my email: abid@chiptuners.co.uk
ben2401

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2017, 08:01:21 PM »

To me it seems that KFLDHBN is mainly to put an upper limit on turbine speed (although you could also say that it limits torque as an EFFECT because it will cause intervention to keep the turbo from spinning too fast). In a stock tune it seems that the only time this could happen is at high altitude/high iat combination at high rpm. Pushing our turbos to the limits means we come closer to max pressure ratio much more often than a stock tune, especially when all cf are included. If the combination of requested torque and altitude/IAT correction factor request cause a pressure ratio > KFLDHBN it will follow KFLDHBN curve instead of requested to cap turbine speed. In a sense you are both right.

Max pressure ratio (KFLDHBN) should follow the compressor map when tuning at the limits or so it would seem.

Under most circumstances LDRXN will cap/follow torque request at WOT -- UNLESS the request + factors cause total load to be outside the range of the other maps. Its like there are many limiters all working together for a huge range of situations?

Torque intervention happens when anything causes torque request to be unfullfillable inside of the ranges defined by all or any of the maps. Does this sound reasonable to you folks? Just wrapping my head around the KFMIRL/KFMIOP thing for my Stage 1 tune on a 2001 AWM 1.8t.

So load request comes from pedal position % > translated to load by KFMIRL table (tells the car how much torque to make for any given pedal position % and rpm) > load capped by LDRXN max load request for given rpm > load is turned into a torque percentage by KFMIOP (always a fraction of max. permissible load) and this is what the ecu tries to achieve via ignition timing, N75 duty cycling, and injector duty cycling, using O2/MAF/MAP/knock sensor as feedback?

Whew.

So for a stage 1 going to max. LDRXN 170 (about 1 bar) load at 3k rpm tapering to 145 at 6k I really only need to adjust LAMFA from 90% and up, scale KFMIRL for higher load across the whole table (maybe use the BAM KFMIRL, what would you recommend?), adjust KFLDHBN so that max pressure ratio stays slightly above LDRXN psi across rpm range (to keep things safe but will allow ecu to follow LDRXN curve normally)? It seems that even though my stock file has last column of KFMIOP at 145 load, that just means anything over 145 will be interpolated on that curve, it doesn't actually limit anything right? The only reason to rescale KFMIOP axis is to give better resolution at higher loads (more useful for stage 2-3?)

I'm thinking adjusting LAMFA and leaving BTS fueling as it is will be fine?

Mainly not sure about KFMIRL at this point (and how to generate a new table that works well with a stock 1.8t AWM). Thanks and hope that I'm making sense of this.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
ben2401

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2017, 08:12:12 PM »

Also, why does my stock file have max LDRXN at 145ish when KFMIRL has many cells with 180+ on my stock file? What am I missing here?

Dejw0089

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 02:37:03 AM »

Also, why does my stock file have max LDRXN at 145ish when KFMIRL has many cells with 180+ on my stock file? What am I missing here?

Hi.
In my file LDRXN is lower than KFMIRL too. But i do one test. I want 1.1 bar boost (stock is 0.Cool and I only up cells in LDRXN with calc it to mbar and mine boost now is 1.1 bar as I want. Only when I ride with my leg in the floor I have misfires and i think it's because torque monitoring is present and ECU give me that dtc. But in summarize only LDRXN map changes is enough to up desired boost.
spacey3

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2017, 02:44:48 AM »

Hi.
In my file LDRXN is lower than KFMIRL too. But i do one test. I want 1.1 bar boost (stock is 0.Cool and I only up cells in LDRXN with calc it to mbar and mine boost now is 1.1 bar as I want. Only when I ride with my leg in the floor I have misfires and i think it's because torque monitoring is present and ECU give me that dtc. But in summarize only LDRXN map changes is enough to up desired boost.

A log would tell you for sure the issue... Include logging misfires.
Dejw0089

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2017, 02:52:38 AM »

A log would tell you for sure the issue... Include logging misfires.
Yes i know I must do log.But when I back LDRXN to stock everything back to normal work and no errors present.
contrast

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2017, 03:13:51 AM »

Less boost, less spark blowout
spacey3

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2017, 03:18:52 AM »

Less boost, less spark blowout

As said by Contrast, it could be simply you have a weak coil... Could be you're running out of fuel due to a bad pump... Maybe spark plugs... Maybe TM after all... Point is, you'll never know unless you log or start pissing around randomly with stuff.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear, but that's how it is.
adam-

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2017, 07:29:33 AM »

LDRXN map changes is enough to up desired boost.

Of course.  It's load limit.  This is in the Wiki.

Does fueling match requested?  Have you asked for more? 
RBPE

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2017, 07:48:21 AM »

Pic I posted a while back R Belt did;

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=12518.0title=
Dejw0089

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2017, 11:27:39 AM »

As said by Contrast, it could be simply you have a weak coil... Could be you're running out of fuel due to a bad pump... Maybe spark plugs... Maybe TM after all... Point is, you'll never know unless you log or start pissing around randomly with stuff.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear, but that's how it is.
I have new coils NGK U5003 and new spark plugs.So I know its a noob question but what is the best for log?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2017, 01:04:01 PM »

So I know its a noob question but what is the best for log?

Seriously?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: