Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: LDE - When should pssol_w meet pvdks? 1.8T 225PS stock file  (Read 13726 times)
!nfern0

Audi TT 1.8T BAM

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 10:20:46 AM »

I'm seeing no such thing.

Hmmm, I was irritated...

ONE MORE TIME: ldrlms/ldrlts DO NOT CAP RL, they cap rlmax

yeah, you're right. But rlmax is capping rl at the end?

It's the maximum allowed rl?

One more time: look at your log: ldrlts is limiting rlmax

In this case it's not. Take a look at the attached screenshot (TP vs LoadRequest).

I'm not seeing that in the last .csv you posted.

Please take a look at the second Screenshot (LDV-WGDC). There you see the difference between requested boost and actual boost as a comparison of stock file and the tuned file...
Additionally there is Wastegate dutycycle plotted. Imho PID is trying to decrease the difference by more WGDC.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 11:21:37 AM »

But rlmax is capping rl at the end?

It's the maximum allowed rl?

No, rl is actual engine load. There is no way for rlmax to "cap" it via feedback loop through the boost PID.

It is entirely separate.

Requested load gets converted to requested boost, which is compared with actual boost to drive the wastegate.

At NO TIME is rl compared with spec load in the boost PID, it is done entirely according to boost.

Please take a look at the second Screenshot (LDV-WGDC). There you see the difference between requested boost and actual boost as a comparison of stock file and the tuned file...
Additionally there is Wastegate dutycycle plotted. Imho PID is trying to decrease the difference by more WGDC.

I was assuming you were talking about the boost taper, not the difference between stock and tuned. Obviously, you need more WGDC for more boost.

If the PID result isn't high enough, likely you are hitting IMX
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 11:25:48 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 11:28:38 AM »

You are hitting I-max:

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
!nfern0

Audi TT 1.8T BAM

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 11:51:59 AM »

Many thanks so far nyet!

But why is the actual boost pressure of the tuned file above ca. 4500 rpm nearly the same as the stock file? Especially when the wastegate is trying to increase charger-RPM (-> boost pressure) by closing the WG.

Imho it's still an exhaust system problem or is there anybody who can eliminate this theory?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 12:25:19 PM »

Many thanks so far nyet!

But why is the actual boost pressure of the tuned file above ca. 4500 rpm nearly the same as the stock file? Especially when the wastegate is trying to increase charger-RPM (-> boost pressure) by closing the WG.

Imho it's still an exhaust system problem or is there anybody who can eliminate this theory?

Likely you are at the limit of the flow capabilities of the turbos. Increase IMAX and see if more WG will give you more boost

ECUx Plot

!nfern0

Audi TT 1.8T BAM

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 04:01:15 AM »

Likely you are at the limit of the flow capabilities of the turbos. Increase IMAX and see if more WG will give you more boost

Increased IMAX! There is no difference in actual boost with more DC of N75 @ RPMs above ~4500.
Would be a shitty calibrated PID if it couldn't manage to hold boost with stock file. I think the Audi guys are capable to do this right. Smiley

So there is a mechanical issue.

Either the WG isn't "strong enough" to hold back the exhaust gas pressure (in the manifold) ->(Could be some issue with the spring, diaphragm, N75...

Or... if the WG IS able to hold back the pressure... there must be a too small delta of pressures before and past turbine... -> charger RPMs are too low for desired pressure.
In this case the exhaust gas system is limiting... most likely the cats... Could be that they are blocked in some way...

Attached the files... one reference file... and one with increased I-Limit.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: