Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Reading ME 7.5.10  (Read 38394 times)
abalogh

« on: June 15, 2011, 09:18:20 AM »

Hello All,
I'm new in flashing ECUs so I need some help regarding the following problem.
NefMoto cannot validate the memory layout and read my car's ECU despite it can read the identification data. The car is a Skoda Octavia 1.4 16V with ME7.5.10 ECU.
The error message is the following:

Start diagnostic session failed, ECU reports conditions not correct or sequence error. This can occur if the security lockout is running, or the engine is running. Please turn off the ignition and retry.

The engine is not running of course. The ECU is in the car and the ignition was on. All memory layout files were tried with the same result.
The whole log is attached.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
livslx

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 05:35:14 AM »

I did the read successfully and compare it with an original in order to check if flash was corrupt or not as I was pushed to believe that ECU was a source of some cold start problems.
For me, the workaround was to use the memory layout "29F800" WITHOUT any memory layout check otherwise the ECU will go into "lockout" (20 minutes break :-)).
Other memory layout were not working !
You'll get a 1 MB file with its content being actually the original flash 512Kb and one more copy of it. Mine was a "3547" (old version) and I have compared it with an original (posted somewhere on another tuning forum) and proved to be exactly the same - which is a proof that NefMoto flasher is working and my ECU's flash is alright.
Mention that the last version of flash for my engine (1.4 16V AXP) is "3695", which I will test in few days after will clone the EEPROM.
Hope this info will serve you ..
abalogh

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 02:34:15 PM »

Thanks a lot livslx,
I've tried the layout "29F400" first. Maybe that was the problem and the ECU has gone into the locked state. You mentioned that you've got 1MB file. Is it a good size or the 512kB is the correct size for this ECU? (I've BCA engine code.)

The reason of I want to read my ECU is similar to yours because I've got some cold start problem too (Engine starts at 880 - 1000 RPM if the temperature below 18°C. Above 18°C everithing is OK. Engine starts at 1200 RPM). I'd like to compare my ECU's contents with another Skoda's /BCA/ that starts well. Was your problem in the ECU regarding your "cold start problem"?

I'll try it again and post the results and I'm curious to know your results.
livslx

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 01:16:36 AM »

If you want to read your ECU flash, use "29F800" memory layout, without doing any checks on the layout. You'll get a 1MB file, which you have to split to 512KB, because actually what you read is 512KB of "normal flash" plus the other half as the mirror (same content as the first half). I'm saying "normal flash" because for sure you have the 29F400BB in your ECU, which is 512KB memory. Split it with an utility like HxD etc.

You may compare it with the "stock" files, posted here, for your convenience.
I am pretty sure that your cold start problems are not related to ECU flash, maybe ECU physical condition - if you came to suspect ECU for cold start problems. Did you check the sensors that usually show this kind of symptoms? G2/G62 is offering a very bad statistics for this symptom ...

There is also a bad statistics on this ECU as well, many ECU on AXP, BCA & compatible 1.4 16V 75HP have been replaced during the years, so you might be right with your ECU as faulty.

My cold start problems is not temperature related.
Hope this helps ...
livslx

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 01:25:36 AM »

Ohh, almost forgotten ... you have to set speed to "10400" otherwise the ECU will go "lock".
Only this speed was accepted by this ECU, from my experience.
abalogh

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 02:15:32 AM »

That is very useful. Thanks a lot again.
I'll retry the reading with accepting your advises.

Yes, the sensors were tested and seems all of them are OK. (MAP; temperature). ECU is suspicious because the required RPM is also as low as the actual and on the other Octavia it is 1200RPM at all cold starts. (Red by VAG-COM)

I hope I (or a person who has more knowledge than me) will find the reason of this problem.
abalogh

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 01:35:13 AM »

Hello livslx,
The method you've suggested is working fine. Smiley I could read the contents of the ECU and split it with HxD. The two files are identical and has correct checksum.
Thanks for your help!
And what about writing? Did you succeed with writing your ECU?
livslx

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 12:10:56 PM »

Hi abalogh,

Not yet. I'm pretty sure that the writing is going to work, even if you have to resume several times. I believe that you may try first with 29F400BB layout (~23 minutes to write) and if is not working after several times with auto-resuming, you may try 29F800 (~45 minutes). As I know- is better to power supply the ECU with at least 13 Volts (external power supply with good "amperage" 10-15A at least) because if going under 12.5 Volts you may encounter errors. If still encountering errors you may disconnect, before switching ignition on, the fuses F11 and F15 (instrument cluster fuses) as sometimes the cluster is interfering with flash writing.

I'm not going to write the flash back to my ECU but I will use the spare ECU, after I will succeed to clone the IMMO EEPROM.

If I find something interesting for you, I'll let you know. And I can tell you now that the VAG K+CAN Commander 3.6 is not working well on our ECUs.  Angry

Tony has done a really great job (ME7 ECU Flashing software) as now I'm sure that the software is correct within the ECU, still remains to open the case and check the condition and also drivers of the injectors etc etc might be a source of problems for other people.

What is really strange is that the cold start problem came by exactly after one day that a local service has changed the distribution (belts, rollers, water pump). I have checked the proper alignment by a VW dealer and is was confirmed well done.

Have a couple of things to check before I go again on the ECU ..
abalogh

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 02:48:10 PM »

Hi livslx,

I think I'll wait for your write to succeed. (Because I haven't got a second ECU.) Meanwhile I'll try to read the ECU from another Octavia without any cool start problem and compare it with mine.
By the way: do you know why this ME7.5.10 is so strange? I mean - can only be red with a 1024k memory layout but it has 512k memory. I cannot find any ECU flashing software that definitly says that it can read and write this ECU. (Is it differs so much from ME7.5.1 or ME7.5.5?) You are right, NefMoto software is really great.
I have some strange experience with Galletto 1260 regarding reading ME7.5.10. It could read the ECU only once via OBDII connector. After this one successful read it could not connect to ECU anymore. (Even after 2 days.)
I'm just wondering, sorry.  Smiley

Hope you will do a successfull write soon.
abalogh

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 01:30:51 PM »

By the way what is your cold start problem? Does it start strange way or does not start at first?
livslx

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 09:33:57 AM »

Hi,

I believe the only reliable way is to write this ME7.5.10 in "boot mode" on the bench (using tools like ByteShooter, BDM or even MPPS). I would try this way if I have to. I have tried several software and interfaces to read the flash of ME7.510 and the only one which worked was NEFMOTO with dumb interface (FTDI232BL - really dumb one!)- the real magic is related to the combination: KWP1281 & speed of "10400".
Even with the famous VAG K+CAN 3.6 FULL I didn't have any success, on K line, because of the timing, you can force it on KWP1281 but not on 10400 speed. 
To make things even more difficult, this ECU is associated with the famous instrument cluster (year 2001) Motometer BOO V01 which also makes difficult the reading and writting. To make a duplicate key I had to remove the instrument cluster and read the EEPROM directly with a POMONA SOIC 8 and eeprom reader/writer. The good news is that is very hard to steal your car Smiley (if still IMMO ON).

My ECU has to pass a visual check and I have to copy the EEPROM in order to clone it. I don't want to write the flash ver 5437 to the spare ECU (which is 3965) in order to try how the car is performing with ver 3965. In the near future ..

Regards.
livslx

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 09:40:23 AM »

My cold start problems started upon distribution belts, rollers and water pump change. As soon as I would start the engine within 24 hours about, everything is fine. If one or more days are passing by, the engine is not starting immediately, it need a few revs or a second ignition trial. Otherwise everything is smooth and fine.

Don't know why the flash is 1MB into the ECU in the car. I have to open the box and read the flash type. It was heard before that an ECU even with the same Bosch code and VW code, to be built with different hardware. The spare ECU has 29F400BB, but the one in the car it looks like is 29F800. I have to open the box ... a matter of near future.

Regards.
abalogh

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for the info again. Your cold start problem is really a mistery. I haven't heard about this kind of problem yet. (But my problem is a mistery for me and for an expert too  Smiley)

I've red the ECU content from the other Octavia but it is not the same version (My ECU is ME7.5.10J 4413 and the other ME7.5.10BJ 7980), and there are so many differences that I cannot manage. Do you know a place where I could download ME7.5.10J 4413 original ECU file? I haven't found any.
I'm really curious about your writing results because I'd like to know which tools it is needed and whether I could change my ECU if it would be necessary.

Regarding the flash type: Galletto 1260 reported that my ECU has 29F400BT, the third version  Sad.
And a question: the 1U0 920 801 A - KOMBI+WEGFAHRSP VDO V10 is the kind of Motometer instrument cluster that you have mentioned?

Best regards,
livslx

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 11:48:36 PM »

Hi,

Yesterday I have dismantled the ECU from the car, opened its box, visually fine, it has the same layout as the spare (no wonder, as the spare has the same Bosch and VW code!) and it has 29F400BB (512 KB) also.

I've cloned the IMMO eeprom (95040) content from the car's ECU to the spare ECU, installed temporarily the spare ECU, ignited ... it works ! Did about 30 kilometers for drive test, as expected it behaves differently, as this spare ECU map's software version is 3695. The original is 3547 (year 2000/2001). Mainly, when I release the throttle pedal, the rpm is slowing down easily not so fast like the 3547. Only if you set the speed lever to "none" the rpm is decreasing very fast. I can also notice some fuel saving as well, because 3547 was letting the rpm came down fast and you have to increase rpm fast - and this is eating fuel very much. I can say that 3695 is kind of "preserving torque" which is specially very good when driving within the city. Can you tell me how your Octavia is behaving in this regards?

Of course the 3695 is also for the AXP engine, otherwise I would not risk trying it.

If you are interested how I cloned the IMMO eeprom in the ECU, tell me, I'll "pm" you.

Don't know yet about solving my cold start problems, it remains only two things to investigate: fuel pump "flow pressure" and the G2/62 temp sensor to exchange. I've noticed some differences (even 5 degrees) in the instrument cluster indicator and the OBD diagnostic software readings from the ECU, there is a chance that the ECU is in trouble when G2/62 sensor (antifreezing liquid temp) is cold. Tomorrow I'll change this G2/62 as well.

Best regards.
abalogh

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 02:26:13 PM »

Hi,
It's great to hear that you were succeed in writing the ECU and IMMO eeprom. Of course I'm interested in the method you've done it and softwares that you've used. It will be greatly appreciated if you let me know this info.

Regarding the RPM decreasing. I have not paid attention to it yet. But today during drivig home through the city I watched on this behavior. I did not feel that the RPM decrease fast when I switched the gears (but it is only my feeling). Is there any way to compare it?

By the way, do you know what is the rule of changing the ECU software? I mean how can I know that which software can be uploaded into my ECU, or it can use only the version that it has originally equipped? Or the key is the hardware number?

Best regards,
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: