Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Immo off Help request- factory race car  (Read 7970 times)
rmarchjr

« on: October 24, 2014, 08:36:12 PM »

Thank all of you for sharing!!!!!!  --I am a NOOB--

This is an ME 7.3.1H4 dump & EEprom from an Fcar.  The factory built "Challenge race cars", this one is a 2001 360.  I have been able to use the fantastic tools & knowelege you have accumulated to gain access.  But have failed to find a way to remove the Bosch immo (part # F005 V0 0112).  I have purchased every "patch" I could find on the net, none have worked.  This software is different then the normal street car, maps are in different mem locations, and WINols doesn't even consider it a "similar" project to the street cars.

This car has no keys, no alarm fobs, the dash is a race only data aquisition system.  Why they put an immo on it is beyond me.  Today, 13 years later, it is a problem.  It fails to disengage sometimes and the car will run on 4 cyl. instead of 8.  Immo does not prevent starting- it only shut off the fuel pump which feeds right side injectors. There are 2 ME 7.3.1H4, one controls the left bank of 4 cyl, and stores any fault codes, the second controls the right bank and is coded to the immo.  The eeproms and software on both ME's is exactly the same.
(2 ecus, 2 fuel pumps, 2 o2 sensors, 2 MAF, essentially 2 4 cyl engines sharing a crankshaft). 

Using ArgDub's tool V1.4 - I am able to read the eeprom, but could not tell if it was 512b or 1024b so I did it both ways, the information is different when viewed in HEX. It also contains much less info then found in other ME7 found on this forum.

If anyone has a hardware or software solution to immo removal - I am in need.
Thanks

TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 03:22:59 PM »

I have no Ferrari expirience but this ECU is the exact same as the Alfa`s 147 -156 etc .
Immo off solution @ ALFAS is done via flash. There is a module for IMMO only

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
rmarchjr

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 07:59:01 AM »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the ecu is the same but it appears that Bosch allows each auto "group" - VAG, Audi, Alfa, etc to write their software in any desired memory location, so VAG may put the immo on code at 0X06 while Audi put it somewhere else.  I did try the Alfa patch but it failed, the 2 flash files were exactly the same after patching.  I was told that if the patch program doesn't recognize the software it just exits without mod anything, that's what seems to happen.

The flash file out of the Alfa looks very different then the one out of the Ferrari, alot less info on the Ferrari flash.

Thanks for looking.
rmarchjr

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 07:43:17 AM »

Sorry, I should have posted all the files from both ECUs
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 01:03:07 PM »

To clarify  , I didnt say anything about any Alfa Patch  Huh

What I said is ,that this Motronic has a module just for Immo  Smiley
Find it and deactivate it .. ofcourse it will be in a different location but the ECU structure is the same.

When I have time tommorow I will look into it ,if I can find it and post you a solution to try ,since you have a back up

rmarchjr

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 08:18:31 PM »

I'm not sure if this will help at all, but here is the EEPROM & data from a spare ecu out of a different EU street car.
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 02:16:51 AM »

In the last file you send me I think I ID`d the  KWFS (immo function) , indeed it is different than the ALFA`s ,
IMMO seems OFF but the codeword has some strange values.

I will look into your Flash now and compare

TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 03:09:07 AM »

I never give  untested files on user forums , but since you cant find a solution (seriously I can point you to some pro`s that they remap only race cars) 

here goes nothing . Test this file at your full responsibility .

I did it like an Alfa ,the simillarities are outstanding ,between the 2.

rmarchjr

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 07:05:30 PM »

Thank You TCSTigersClaw!

I'm leaving for my last track event of the year tomorrow.  I have one spare ECU.  Back next week and testing it will be 1st priority.  I really appreciate you taking your time help out me & the boys trying to keep these cars where they belong - on track!  I will update you next week.  And no worries if it doesn't work no harm.

Thank You
rmarchjr

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 08:11:09 PM »

TigerClaw,

sorry for the long delay, mechanical failure on track - lost an oil scavenge pump and it took a while to rebuild. 
Finally got the car back and tested the immo off file.  No Joy. 

I put the flashed ECU on the passenger side "bank 1" the side which talks to the IMMO and the car failed to start properly.  It actually did start and run for a few minutes but it was only operating on the "bank0" 4 cylinders-drivers side.  Then I switched the ECU over to the drivers side"bank0" cylinders and put the original ECU back in the "bank1" side.  Car started and ran normally.

I must be missing something because I also flashed the 1024byte EEPROM with the orginal bin.  Even if the IMMO off file didn't work I expected the IMMO to recognize the ECU as paired and start the engine.

How did the IMMO know that the ECU was different from original?  EEPROM data appears to be identical.
Thanks for trying.  Not sure where to go from here, any advice is appreciated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: