Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Golf MK4 1.8T from Aachen, Germany  (Read 4940 times)
tom667de

« on: October 28, 2014, 10:24:36 AM »

Hi all,

I'm a 39 year old engineer from Aachen, Germany. I bought a 2002 Golf IV 1.8T Colour Concept (AUM engine) in April this year as a winter car. Other cars are Porsche Boxster 986S and the Golf VI GTD owned by my girlfriend.

Although I'm electrical enineer working mainly with electrical drives, I'm interested in knowing how my cars work and doing small repair work on my own.

My Golf is chipped from an unknown tuner, running at 194HP. It also has an LPG system installed (liquid autogas). As the setup is not optimal and I sometimes get errors from the MCU I hope MefMoto is the right tool to check if there's something wrong with the setup or if I need a new catalytic converter.

Regards,
Tom
turboat

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 01:33:31 PM »

Hi Tom, thanks for joining us, fairly sure I've driven through Aachen at some point Smiley

Do you get your MCU error when you are running on petrol, or just on autogas? Its not uncommon to get cat-diagnosis lambda errors when running on autogas, a friend with an opel had the same issues recently.

In general, you should use VCDS for diagnosis. Nefmoto is for reading/writing maps to your ecu, but in this case you probably want to disable the secondary lambda sensor in your ECU, so you would need to read the map from your ECU, edit it and write it back.

The only issue may be the chip tune you already have, as some tuners deliberately make it hard to read/write the tune, or try and hide the data in the map so you cannot edit it.

Your first step is to read the nefmoto getting started guide and read the map from your ecu, but please dont post it if it is a commercial tune.
maZer.GTi

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 04:24:16 PM »

Willkommen Smiley
tom667de

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 10:16:14 AM »

Hi turboat,

the seller told me that the errors orccur only in gas mode. But is sometimes happend with normal fuel operation also. The fuel consumption is also 10-20% higher than usual (even in normal fuel mode, gas is 20% extra).

I'm thinking of purchasing a used MCU and get the IMMO cloned from my cars MCU to the 2nd one. Then I could try the standard, unchipped mapping without loosing the option to get back to 194HP. Cheesy Depending on the results I would then change the catalytic converter, adjust the setup of the gas system or change/adjust the mapping of the MCU.

Regards
Tom
turboat

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 05:12:20 AM »

Thats a sensible plan, it also means that if you brick an ECU you are not stranded.  Immo is easy to deal with on a AUM/AUQ, either clone your immo data onto the new ECU or just immo-off the new ECU. You may be able to read/write your current ecu, some tuners add physical protection, others do not.

Personally my test ECU is immo off, as it makes it much easier to write on the bench.
msundercober

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 12:32:43 PM »

you can flash 2002 ECU over OBD so no use for second ecu.

just back up the 194 hp software and write original software on it to test it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: