Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Map switching + stage 1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003 or 0004?)  (Read 27636 times)
littco

I need to find my stage 1 but it's currently running just shy of 200bhp on 99 ron fuel

Attached though is a multi map LDRXN, switchable by cruise.

5 map LDRXN

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:51:55 AM by nyet » Logged
thelastleroy

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 02:40:10 PM »

I need to find my stage 1 but it's currently running just shy of 200bhp on 99 ron fuel

5 map LDRXN
Cool! Cool How does the switching work? Is there an indicator via MIL or other light to see which map is being used?
littco

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 02:03:02 AM »

5 map LDRXN

Its done via cruise - set and clutch. Mil flashes as to the number map its on.

I also did one with ACCEL / Clutch for those without Cruise.

Map has both LDRXN and LDRXNZK

A4Rich

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 08:09:50 PM »

More info please and thanks. 

I read through phila_dot's thread on Map Switching Routine and it would be awesome!  So besides the routine itself we need to identify an empty location (requires decompile of bin?) in our bin and verification of the variables in the routine.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »

I have split this from the stage 1 community topic to avoid cluttering it... map switching is not part of the project, etc.

PLEASE do not include map switching code into that thread's binaries Sad
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:50:49 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
littco

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 01:32:04 AM »

More info please and thanks. 

I read through phila_dot's thread on Map Switching Routine and it would be awesome!  So besides the routine itself we need to identify an empty location (requires decompile of bin?) in our bin and verification of the variables in the routine.

Not sure what you really need a4rich. On the 518ak/518al its already done, it's just a basic LDRXN map switch for 5 boost profiles, its ideal for a stage 1 or 2 where you might need or want more than one boost setup and/or a valet mode ( by setting load to 0 on the profile 1 ).

It's also pretty handy when trying to work on the LDRXN profiles as you can utilise 5 LDXRN maps in one go, switch between and log them to see where they are at and which profile works best...

All I did with this multi map was take an exisiting compiled multimap for the 032hn, dissemble it and then ressamble it for the AK/AL file...It could be done easily enough on any file .bin
thelastleroy

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 02:57:35 AM »

I have split this from the stage 1 community topic to avoid cluttering it... map switching is not part of the project, etc.

PLEASE do not include map switching code into that thread's binaries Sad

Good idea to split this, I won't add any coding to the Stage 1 project files. I might play with this personally though.

I'd be more inclined to use a "switchable" tune if I could switch more than one map. Especially on a Stage 1, as there are so few maps to actually change. Phila's got these in the Mbox map switching routine:

KRKTE
KFZW(2)
KFLBTS
KFLAMKRL
LAMFA
LDRXN

Any reason this can't be done for 1.8t?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:01:14 AM by thelastleroy » Logged
littco

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 03:26:25 AM »

Good idea to split this, I won't add any coding to the Stage 1 project files. I might play with this personally though.

I'd be more inclined to use a "switchable" tune if I could switch more than one map. Especially on a Stage 1, as there are so few maps to actually change. Phila's got these in the Mbox map switching routine:

KRKTE
KFZW(2)
KFLBTS
KFLAMKRL
LAMFA
LDRXN

Any reason this can't be done for 1.8t?

I will find the original file, but it was done by another User and it had Krkte, Ldrxn, ldrxnzk, Kfzw and Kfzw2 as a 3 way and 5 way map switch, I just stripped out the bits I wanted at the time Ie ldrxn ..
littco

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 03:29:40 AM »

Heres the original thread with the 032hn and 032Hj files, but basically it can be put into any file, and easily enough done with IDApro, and a hex editor..
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1556.135
A4Rich

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 06:35:33 AM »

Not sure what you really need a4rich. On the 518ak/518al its already done, it's just a basic LDRXN map switch for 5 boost profiles, its ideal for a stage 1 or 2 where you might need or want more than one boost setup and/or a valet mode ( by setting load to 0 on the profile 1 ).

It's also pretty handy when trying to work on the LDRXN profiles as you can utilise 5 LDXRN maps in one go, switch between and log them to see where they are at and which profile works best...

All I did with this multi map was take an exisiting compiled multimap for the 032hn, dissemble it and then ressamble it for the AK/AL file...It could be done easily enough on any file .bin

Thanks Littco; the information on implementing in the AK bin was what I was after.  As you mentioned this would be a great when working on different map profiles. 
littco

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 10:30:53 AM »

Thanks Littco; the information on implementing in the AK bin was what I was after.  As you mentioned this would be a great when working on different map profiles. 

the AK and AL files are identical, all you would need to do is literally copy the routine located later in the file and the copy and paste the code at the point the new routine is called... you could do it easily in any hexeditor. If I get a chance I'll do it..
A4Rich

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 11:43:18 AM »

the AK and AL files are identical, all you would need to do is literally copy the routine located later in the file and the copy and paste the code at the point the new routine is called... you could do it easily in any hexeditor. If I get a chance I'll do it..

Ahhh... now I see the confusion.  The map switching file you post (518AL SW No. 0003) is the same as the 518AK SW No. 0004.  However, in the 1.8T Stage 1 thread the 518AK SW No. 0004 bin was abandoned from further development due to fueling problems which were experienced by several members, click me.  The bin used currently, 518AK SW No. 0003, has different locations for maps unfortunately, I don't know if that changes where the routine is called though?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:31:51 PM by A4Rich » Logged
littco

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 02:02:45 PM »

Ahhh... now I see the confusion.  The map switching file you post (518AL SW No. 0003) is the same as the 518AK SW No. 0004.  However, in the 1.8T Stage 1 thread the 518AK SW No. 0004 bin was abandoned from further development due to fueling problems which were experienced by several members, click me.  The bin used currently, 518AK SW No. 0003, has different locations for maps unfortunately, I don't know if that changes where the routine is called though?

That's odd, I'm running the Al which is the same as the ak v4 but no issues with fuelling...wouldn't be hard to switch it over to the v0003
spacey3

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 09:59:06 AM »

Littco, could you by any chance point me in the direction of one you did with Accel/Clutch routine?

I don't have cruise control, cheers.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 06:45:35 PM »

littco, can you please post dissasembled ida project? i was trying with hn/hj map routine but got the random mil light flashes when changing map. yes im tryed CC 00 but without luck. learning about ida now and trying to dissasemble but its very hard for me
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: