Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What's everyone up to??  (Read 21886 times)
vwaudiguy

« on: June 15, 2011, 10:56:24 PM »

It seems this wonderful forum has died down a bit..Either we are all busy, or my "show unread posts" link isn't working!  Smiley  So what's everyone up to?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Matt Danger

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 07:29:12 AM »

Working on getting my car dialed in for e85. Ordered a Zeitronix boost sensor & wideband and need to get them installed. Will post the file soon, although all I've done is increased KRKTE and massaged KFLBTS_0_A a little.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 10:44:23 PM »

I've been too busy fixing other people's cars to work on my own... Plus it's been 115 here  a few times.  2 weekends ago I had a fan relay fail, and the fuse that was protecting it failed by not, well, you know, doing its fuse thing, and almost burned my car to the ground.  I would have lost it had I not been carrying around an 8mm socket on a stubby ratchet... ran out of the car and disco'd the battery... but by that time most of the insulation had burned.

Going to switch to the SPAL PWM fan controller... and obviously not use cheap shit parts store fuses and holders.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 08:53:26 AM »

Wow, Jason...That's one hell of a story. 115 LIKE IN DEGREES??  Shocked

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 09:47:57 AM »

Yup... we've had some cooler weather in the mornings, but I don't think I'll see turbo weather until October.  Sad
vwaudiguy

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 09:57:41 AM »

I wanted to ask you..What's that cracked in your avatar?

Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 09:17:26 PM »

A T-45 tranny from a 99 Mustang Cobra.  It's from a very famous car on the internet, that still sits in my garage nearly 10 years later...  A long, sad story about how Ford doesn't stand behind their products...
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 04:34:26 PM »

I've been away for a while cause I started my own tuning company/ busy with work and family... It was never my intention to do so but it sort of just happened.   
I was away for a bit, but now I'm back and ready to help... notorious vr has reeled me back in, so I thank him for that.
I hope to break into med9 by the end of the year... I have a test car lined up.

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 10:18:11 PM »

Awesome news, Jud. Any details about your new business you'd be willing to share?

judeisnotobscure

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 09:32:58 AM »

Awesome news, Jud. Any details about your new business you'd be willing to share?

Nothing special.... just do toons for audi's and vw's... finally expanding into different platforms as i started out with b5 s4's. 
i try to offer something the big guy's don't.... customer service.
I like doing cool projects.   I'll be getting the timesliip soon, but we took a k03 s4 on stock fueling 12.38 @ 110 in the 1/4 mile.  super meth file on pumpgas. 
we were hunting for the record... 12.2 by jhm on racegas.  me and imolab5 (i think that's dave's screen name on here).  luckily he can drive. He doesn't work for me or anything, we just wanted to go for the record on k03's.

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
imolasb5

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 05:57:13 PM »

We just need a weekend to hold out on the rain. With a better launch, there should be no problem breaking the record.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 07:13:15 PM »

That sounds like a lot of fun, and very challenging. This record..Is it with stock interior/spare tire? Or can you guys gut it and do a bunch of other things...Slicks? I'm not sure if you'd even need them on an S4 with k03's  Grin  Man...Keep us posted if you guys get close/break the record..The jhm car..did it have a big-name company behind the software?

imolasb5

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 07:45:43 PM »

That sounds like a lot of fun, and very challenging. This record..Is it with stock interior/spare tire? Or can you guys gut it and do a bunch of other things...Slicks? I'm not sure if you'd even need them on an S4 with k03's  Grin  Man...Keep us posted if you guys get close/break the record..The jhm car..did it have a big-name company behind the software?

My car is full weight minus the spare and jack. No slicks, but if I had them I would of kicked the records ass. Last run at the track we had the antilag set to high and I was spinning entirely to much and then had it to low and bogged really bad. Hopefully this weekend will be clear and I will try straight launch control. The JHM car had a GIAC tune that Vast tweaked.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 09:45:44 PM »

I was away on vacation in Germany/Austria/Czech Republic/Ireland/Northern Ireland/England for a month. Before and after that vacation I was working 70 hour weeks to finish up the end of a two year project at work in my day job.

Currently I am trying to get my data logger released. Once it is out, I hope to go back to tuning my car again...

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
phila_dot

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 10:22:56 PM »

I was away on vacation in Germany/Austria/Czech Republic/Ireland/Northern Ireland/England for a month. Before and after that vacation I was working 70 hour weeks to finish up the end of a two year project at work in my day job.

Currently I am trying to get my data logger released. Once it is out, I hope to go back to tuning my car again...

Good to see you active on here again.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: