Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage2 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 112321 times)
thelastleroy

« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2015, 04:01:14 AM »

Your turbo takes longer to spool than the K03, I think you're going too rich too soon. From what I've been told you want peak enrichment at peak load:

Richest at peak load. You want AFR to decrease as boost increases. Sort of inverse. Don't go too rich too soon. It might not matter on a K03, but that can hurt spool.

There likely isn't anything to gain by "stepping" the requested AFR down after 5k. I would just go to the final mixture when you expect peak load.

As for BTS, looks like you could bump the threshold up a little and change the factors like SB said. The reason for pushing BTS out on the stage 1 project was primarily to keep IDC from spiking to over 100%. With your injectors,  even with current BTS configuration you're only seeing 90% IDC. Try some things out, see what works on your setup. Cool

For LAMFA I think you're looking for something like this:
SB_GLI

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2015, 06:54:56 AM »

Here's tonight's log.

Your log is all messed up due to opening it with another editor and saving it with that editor.  When you post up log files, try to post the file that was created directly by ME7Logger.  Don't open it up in something else and try to save it, otherwise it hoses the formatting and causes headaches for those that are trying to look at it.  I can't run this log though VisualME7Logger due to the formatting changes that were made.
SB_GLI

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2015, 07:18:20 AM »

Based on your EGT temps and current state of BTS enrichment, I would update FBSTABGM to a value under 1 at 950c.  Add a larger value after that for safety, and if you plan on using LAMFA for fueling otherwise, I would set the first column to 0.

Code:
889.99   939.99   989.99   999.99
0.00           .90        .95     1.0158

Of course, you will want to review the values in KFLBTS to make sure they are not set too rich in the higher load/rpm ranges.  Set the values in this table to what you want to see and then use FBSTABGM to enrich even more once the temps get too high.  Or, you could ignore KFLBTS all together and just modify FBSTABGM to get what you need.  There's a couple of ways to skin this cat.

Your egts will come down a bit when you advance your ignition timing a bit more.  you have no CFs, so you have room to advance the timing a bit.
ddillenger

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2015, 11:32:06 AM »

Don't forget the DDLBTS!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
SB_GLI

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2015, 01:28:43 PM »

Don't forget the DLBTS!

from the S4WIKI

KFLBTS_0_A - requested lambda for component protection when calculated EGT is above TABGBTS, scaled by FBSTABGM. Note that lambts also modified by [KF]DLBTS and KFFDLBTS: lambts = KFLBTS + ([KF]DLBTS * KFFDLBTS). Therefore, setting KFLBTS to 1 where you don't need it won't disable bts, you also have to set KFFDLBTS = 0 to disable bts completely.[20] Note that Mbox has DLBTS (2D), not KFDLBTS (3D).[21]

TABGBTS - Threshold for KFLBTS. Unless calculated EGTs are above this threshold, KFLBTS is ignored. You may have to lower TABGBTS if you have a scaled MAF, since calculated EGTs will be artificially low.

FBSTABGM (0x150C2) - KFLBTS multiplier. Make sure you change the axis properly to represent your lowered TABGBTS. Again, not necessary if you have a properly scaled MAF.
Three77

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2015, 02:35:25 PM »

Your turbo takes longer to spool than the K03, I think you're going too rich too soon. From what I've been told you want peak enrichment at peak load.
You're so right, I gleaned that from your stg1 thread after I posted up my log. I'm going to start from scratch and see what I can come up with. I'll have to look at my load graphs, but I'm thinking that ramping it up between 3000 - 5000 would work well.

Your log is all messed up due to opening it with another editor and saving it with that editor

Sorry about that, I took two logs and forgot to rename the second run so I just cut the data out and saved it not knowing that it would hose things up.

Based on your EGT temps and current state of BTS enrichment, I would update FBSTABGM to a value under 1 at 950c.  Add a larger value after that for safety, and if you plan on using LAMFA for fueling otherwise, I would set the first column to 0.

Code:
889.99   939.99   989.99   999.99
0.00           .90        .95     1.0158

Of course, you will want to review the values in KFLBTS to make sure they are not set too rich in the higher load/rpm ranges.  Set the values in this table to what you want to see and then use FBSTABGM to enrich even more once the temps get too high.  Or, you could ignore KFLBTS all together and just modify FBSTABGM to get what you need.  There's a couple of ways to skin this cat.

It appears that working with FBSTABGM is the simplest way of working with this, for now, and I'll apply your suggestions to the next revision (thanks, btw!). However, is this the correct way of going about it, or is there so much variability that there is no "correct" way? I like to learn how to do things right the first time.

Your egts will come down a bit when you advance your ignition timing a bit more.  you have no CFs, so you have room to advance the timing a bit.
I'll get after that once there is a consensus that my fueling is good.  Wink

Don't forget the DLBTS!

from the S4WIKI

KFLBTS_0_A - requested lambda for component protection when calculated EGT is above TABGBTS, scaled by FBSTABGM. Note that lambts also modified by [KF]DLBTS and KFFDLBTS: lambts = KFLBTS + ([KF]DLBTS * KFFDLBTS). Therefore, setting KFLBTS to 1 where you don't need it won't disable bts, you also have to set KFFDLBTS = 0 to disable bts completely.[20] Note that Mbox has DLBTS (2D), not KFDLBTS (3D).[21]

TABGBTS - Threshold for KFLBTS. Unless calculated EGTs are above this threshold, KFLBTS is ignored. You may have to lower TABGBTS if you have a scaled MAF, since calculated EGTs will be artificially low.

FBSTABGM (0x150C2) - KFLBTS multiplier. Make sure you change the axis properly to represent your lowered TABGBTS. Again, not necessary if you have a properly scaled MAF.

I'll have to read through this about 20 times to make sure that I totally understand it.
Three77

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2015, 03:27:43 PM »

I have a question regarding the rl axis of KFLBTS and KFFDLBTS. Does this need to be changed when you are increasing load? I ask this because my KFLBTS and KFFDLBTS rl axis stop at 150, and the TT CA file I'm looking at goes up to 191.

Knowing that this map isn't activated until I reach my TABGBTS threshold of 839 it may be a moot point, but one that I was interesting in knowing.

Thanks!
Ballistix234

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2015, 10:46:13 AM »

Wow! spent all morning reading and rereading the stage 1 and stage 2 threads.  Really shed some light (well... a lot of light!) on tuning software for me.  Kinda took all the hocus pocus out of tuning.  Still not a 100% on everything but, way.... further along than 8 am this morning. These threads are a must read!  If I can get my car running properly today, new parts are came in! I will try to contribute sometime in the future.  Really appreciate the step by step and the logs being reviewed by the senior members.  Great work! thanks for the good read and all the Info!  Cheers

Scratch that! Ultra Newb!
byzan a4

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2015, 03:15:10 PM »

That is pretty much stage 2 on a 1.8t.

3" turbo back, supersize TIP, filter, FMIC.

If you're holding as much as the little K03(s) can hold, you'll run out of injector DC pretty fast.

That said, mine took 10k of solid abuse, NLS and AL on a daily basic and it never threw up, or threw a rod!  Loved that engine..

That said, the K04-064 that's in it just now is loooovely! Smiley

What tune are you running this on? I have an 064 fitted ( have done for a good while) but haven't gotten around to tuning it as yet due to mechanical issues. I have currently pegged the N75 DC at 25% to allow some boost etc
adam-

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2015, 01:39:01 AM »

I'm running it on my own tune.  630cc injectors, 3" MAF, 064.  Controlling boost with purely N75 values (this is frowned upon), but gives me a controllable 26psi.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2015, 09:24:07 AM »

Controlling boost with purely N75 values (this is frowned upon)

What do you mean by "N75 values"? Why would it be "frowned upon"?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
aef

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2015, 10:52:30 PM »

Yesterday there were alot more replys in here. what happened to the thread?

What adam means is the uk way of tuning which means: using KFLDRAPP all day long Smiley
adam-

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2015, 02:27:11 AM »

It's a bad way of tuning I know, but using KFLDRAPP to tune for duty cycle is faster.  Going to do more logging and prepare a 5120 hacked file, but it'll come later, rather than sooner.
Lost

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2015, 07:45:53 AM »

Does anybody have a kp or ols of this BIN. Need it to compare and find KLDLUL in my file.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2015, 09:12:35 AM »

It's a bad way of tuning I know, but using KFLDRAPP to tune for duty cycle is faster. 

Faster, meaning, less work, you mean.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: