Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brake Light Out Warning Disable? Wanna Use LED's  (Read 3608 times)
AudiMan85

« on: November 04, 2014, 10:49:26 PM »

So I been slowly replacing all my cars bulbs with LED'S. I get resistor with beak sinker bulbs for where it matters to get all the lights to work perfectly.

Now I get a free pair of 1157 White LED bulbs said to be canbus error free. They are not, funny when you install them they make your brake lights activate all your parking lights. Other then that they work and function fine but I get the yellow/orange bulb out message. Anyone know a way I could software wise change the threshold for the wattage needed to see off light? I mean we can do alot already I figured I'd ask.

Also would anyone have info on rear tail lights on where to wire a resistor in on the 2000 A6 bottom bulb? Dual filment? Also I ask is I like one pair of LED tail lights which would follow the look I'm going for and idk if they will set of bulb warning. Some LED tail lights says no error.
If this has been covered before sorry...

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
Bi-turbo

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 09:48:20 AM »

the unit that control's all the lights needs x2 lines on the pcb drilling to break the contact then x2 10k resistors solderd in and a link wire, this tell the system there is no faults.
AudiMan85

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 01:04:44 AM »

whick pcm board? In gauge cluster or the ecu? Do you have a diagram to show the location to do so?

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: