Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Car won't start  (Read 18890 times)
mitkoenchev

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 12:19:33 PM »

I lol'd when I saw that you have flashed this car 43 times.

I have nothing to add to your issue though Sad

Yeah, but I'm not even close to finishing my tune (only VVT experimenting took 10 flashes), so there will be at least 20 more flashes...  Grin
Waspjr

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 03:07:16 PM »

And your a 100% its a tune related issue i mean can you confirm a rpm signal on crank and fuel press. I am not a tune guy the ppl that help me are already here but I am a mechanical guy.
mitkoenchev

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 04:17:03 PM »

And your a 100% its a tune related issue i mean can you confirm a rpm signal on crank and fuel press. I am not a tune guy the ppl that help me are already here but I am a mechanical guy.

Well, I never was 100% sure it was a tune problem, I was just suspecting I could have done something wrong and now I see no logic to say it's a tune problem. As to the hardware side, I already had the RPM sensor error code (and EPC lit) appear some times and the car was hard to start on these (rare) occasions. So I surely need to change that sensor. When I tried to start the car today I saw the rpm needle jumping from 0 to approx. 300rpm while cranking - I'm not sure if this means my RPM sensor is OK - I'm going to change it anyways. As to the fuel pump I can hear it building pressure when I put the ignition to ON.

In a few words, I need to change the RPM sensor and if the car won't start then I'll look at the fuel pump. Correct me if I'm doing it the wrong way.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 04:18:40 PM by mitkoenchev » Logged
terminator

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2014, 06:28:58 PM »

I lol'd when I saw that you have flashed this car 43 times.

I have nothing to add to your issue though Sad

ME7 has counter? Shocked Or nefmoto flasher has?  Smiley
Waspjr

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2014, 06:55:19 PM »

Well, I never was 100% sure it was a tune problem, I was just suspecting I could have done something wrong and now I see no logic to say it's a tune problem. As to the hardware side, I already had the RPM sensor error code (and EPC lit) appear some times and the car was hard to start on these (rare) occasions. So I surely need to change that sensor. When I tried to start the car today I saw the rpm needle jumping from 0 to approx. 300rpm while cranking - I'm not sure if this means my RPM sensor is OK - I'm going to change it anyways. As to the fuel pump I can hear it building pressure when I put the ignition to ON.

In a few words, I need to change the RPM sensor and if the car won't start then I'll look at the fuel pump. Correct me if I'm doing it the wrong way.
Well rpm signal means your crank sensor is good. I would take a old spark plug and pull a coil out plug it in and see if you have spark. If you do then if you have carb cleen spray it in a vacuum hose on your intake while cranking after you plug your coil back in that is
turboat

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 12:59:08 AM »

Dumb thought, but might be worth checking you still have a cambelt.
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 01:00:54 AM »

ME7 has counter? Shocked Or nefmoto flasher has?  Smiley

it is in the e2p Smiley

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
mitkoenchev

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 01:08:28 AM »

Well rpm signal means your crank sensor is good. I would take a old spark plug and pull a coil out plug it in and see if you have spark. If you do then if you have carb cleen spray it in a vacuum hose on your intake while cranking after you plug your coil back in that is

Thanks for the advice, I'll do that next. Actually, that was the first thing I was about to do, but I thought what is the chance more than one coil or spark plug to fail while the car was parked... Anyway, I'll try it on all coils.
mitkoenchev

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 01:12:44 AM »

Dumb thought, but might be worth checking you still have a cambelt.

It would really be a surprise if I hadn't Smiley I would never have though about that, I'll check that too.
mitkoenchev

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 01:23:52 AM »

I need to mention I hear a repeating clicking sound when cranking (just like a relay constantly switching On-Off) from the are that fuses are located (to the left of steering wheel).
I was also wondering - would I have these symptoms with a faulty MAF?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:16:50 AM by mitkoenchev » Logged
terminator

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 03:45:39 AM »

it is in the e2p Smiley

Yes, but if I'm right nefmoto flasher changes eeprom content... I'm not sure other flashers change it too.
turboat

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2014, 04:04:18 AM »

Yes, but if I'm right nefmoto flasher changes eeprom content... I'm not sure other flashers change it too.

It definitely writes a tuner tag and increments the flash counter, I've seen other tools add their own tag too. I was under the impression that the flash counter was built into the ECU, not a number that nef actively incremented.

$ python eepromtool.py 95040_nostart.bin
Read in 512bytes
EEPROM Status:
- Version: Immo3
- VIN: WAUZZZ8E22A045873 (Audi 2002 - A4 01-08, Ingolstadt, Germany)
- Immobiliser: On
- Checksum: OK
- Size: 512bytes
- P0601 DTC: not set
- Softcoding ID: 11701
- Tuner Tag: NEFMTO
- Flash Read/Write (successful): 43
- Flash Read/Write (attempts): 1
mitkoenchev

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2014, 04:42:04 AM »

- Flash Read/Write (attempts): 1

Should I have any concerns about that part?

P.S. RPM sensor is on its way.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:43:53 AM by mitkoenchev » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2014, 08:59:50 AM »

Should I have any concerns about that part?

Only if you have P1681.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
mitkoenchev

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2014, 09:44:54 AM »

I changed the RPM sensor today and car started. Problem solved.

Thanks to everyone for the help.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: