Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1.1 Allroad (BEL 4Z7907551R-0003)  (Read 53429 times)
erecker

Collaborative tuning effort to help Allroad tuners learn how to begin tuning their stock cars from stock bin files.  Goals are to cover some of the intricacies of flashing problems surrounding the stock 551S bin, as well as what can be applied to the TIP automatic which most of these cars were built with.
diggingholes

Is the stock file, 4Z7907551R.bin, 250HP or 265HP?
B6T

I'd like to contribute to this as well!  I have a 2004 Audi A4 6-speed Quattro with a BEL 2.7tt from a tiptronic 2003.5 Audi A6.  I am not entirely new to tuning but Motronic and everything it entails is definitely new to me and I'm looking forward to learning everything I can.

I've been poking around in the .xdf for the 551R that is available on Nyet's site over the past few weeks.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no english translated definition file available (.xdf) for the 551R ECU, meaning everything we look at in TunerPro (etc.) will be in the German language?  This of course means someone translated the M-box definition files?

So the only options to understand the 551R def file are to:
1. Learn german,
2. Painstakingly translate each German language scalar/table/parameter category identifier to English within TunerPro (etc.),
3. Cross-reference the older Motronic 7.1 ECU .xdfs and find out what the 'important' parameters are.
SB_GLI

I'd like to contribute to this as well!  I have a 2004 Audi A4 6-speed Quattro with a BEL 2.7tt from a tiptronic 2003.5 Audi A6.  I am not entirely new to tuning but Motronic and everything it entails is definitely new to me and I'm looking forward to learning everything I can.

I've been poking around in the .xdf for the 551R that is available on Nyet's site over the past few weeks.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no english translated definition file available (.xdf) for the 551R ECU, meaning everything we look at in TunerPro (etc.) will be in the German language?  This of course means someone translated the M-box definition files?

So the only options to understand the 551R def file are to:
1. Learn german,
2. Painstakingly translate each German language scalar/table/parameter category identifier to English within TunerPro (etc.),
3. Cross-reference the older Motronic 7.1 ECU .xdfs and find out what the 'important' parameters are.

Not really.  Take a look at the other stage I projects and learn the maps that are needed by name. 

These will be a good start:

LDRXN/ZK to increase load
LAMFA for fuel enrighment
KFZW/2 for timing adjustments
dasrobot

to go or not to go to bed - that is the question.

I'm on-board here too.
Currently trying to work out issues with getting my 7.1.1 ECU into bootmode.
Reading over OBD is fine, but communication in bootmode (not connecting with VCDS) is not happening with Argdub's tool.
I have removed the resistor/link on the back of the board & ground out the pin as directed on the boards.

Strange thing is that after 2 minutes of not being able to communicate on the K-line with VCDS with the ECU
(My assumption being that the ECU is in Bootmode if I cannot communicate with VCDS)

-after two minutes I am able to communicate again  with VCDS.

Am I missing something here?
Am I incorrect to assume that the ECU is in fact in bootmode?

Unfortunately most of the links to directions for bootmode on the 7.1.1 on this forum link to OBDtuning.com and are dead.
Anyone got any pointers? I don't want to clog up this project initially with connectivity issues, but perhaps it might be good to address getting ME7.1.1 continuously into bootmode.   

SB_GLI

I'm on-board here too.
Currently trying to work out issues with getting my 7.1.1 ECU into bootmode.
Reading over OBD is fine, but communication in bootmode (not connecting with VCDS) is not happening with Argdub's tool.
I have removed the resistor/link on the back of the board & ground out the pin as directed on the boards.

Strange thing is that after 2 minutes of not being able to communicate on the K-line with VCDS with the ECU
(My assumption being that the ECU is in Bootmode if I cannot communicate with VCDS)

-after two minutes I am able to communicate again  with VCDS.

Am I missing something here?
Am I incorrect to assume that the ECU is in fact in bootmode?

Unfortunately most of the links to directions for bootmode on the 7.1.1 on this forum link to OBDtuning.com and are dead.
Anyone got any pointers? I don't want to clog up this project initially with connectivity issues, but perhaps it might be good to address getting ME7.1.1 continuously into bootmode.   

I've had no issues getting my allroad's ecu (7.1.1) into bootmode.  I've had issues with some ecus here and there.  Sometimes you just can't do it via obdII or bootmode.  You should make another thread on this if you want to discuss it more detail.

So who's ready to start making changes and taking logs?  I already have my allroad tuned so I can provide whatever is needed kick start the process.
B6T

I can log my car tomorrow but I'm not sure if that might be wise considering my car is a bit of an odd-ball since the engine is a tiptronic BEL swapped into a 6-speed B6 A4.  It's a 551R file.

That, and I've never logged before and don't really know what I'm doing yet.

Anyway, the offer stands.
B6T

So who's ready to start making changes and taking logs?  I already have my allroad tuned so I can provide whatever is needed kick start the process.

Maybe we could compare the following values in your tuned ECU against those of a stock ECU?
As noted prior:
SB_GLI

Maybe we could compare the following values in your tuned ECU against those of a stock ECU?
As noted prior:

Step one would be to get some stock logs anyway.  I can post up the ME7 Logger config file that I use when I log my allroad.

The values in my ecu wouldn't be totally applicable as my car is tuned a little beyond that of what a typical stage I would be.   I will still provide some examples.  Hopefully I can get to that tonight.
SB_GLI

Attached is the ME7Logger config file that I use for my allroad.  This should cover just about every variable that you'd need to look at for a stage I tune.

dasrobot

to go or not to go to bed - that is the question.

I've had no issues getting my allroad's ecu (7.1.1) into bootmode.  I've had issues with some ecus here and there.  Sometimes you just can't do it via obdII or bootmode.  You should make another thread on this if you want to discuss it more detail.

Will do SB, I have tried several times and not had any joy. Will start a new topic over on the ME7_95040 EEPROM programmer thread. I had the the similar problems to B6T initially, but figured out running the program from the root directory was the trick.

btw. thanks for the response in the Noob guide & FAQ

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5068.msg58493#msg58493

It was one of the better and concise posts to help locate to Immo data in the hex code

SB_GLI

btw. thanks for the response in the Noob guide & FAQ

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5068.msg58493#msg58493

It was one of the better and concise posts to help locate to Immo data in the hex code

I also wrote a EEProm tool into visualme7logger so you don't have to think about it.  Makes for easy cloning.
B6T

Attached is the ME7Logger config file that I use for my allroad.  This should cover just about every variable that you'd need to look at for a stage I tune.

What about the .ecu file?
SB_GLI

What about the .ecu file?

Since there are potential issues reading the original file from an allroad with nefmoto, attached is the original bin file that we will tune in this project.  I found it on nyet's site.  http://nyet.org/cars/files/stock/

You will then use ME7Logger (me7info really) to create the ecu file from this bin.  With VisualME7Logger, here's the step by step.

1) Tools -> Create ECU file.  Select the attached bin file.  Click OK to loading the ecu file now.
2) File -> Load Config File.  Select the previously attached config file.  You will notice a bunch of the measurements are now selected.
3) File -> Save Settings.  This will save the selected ECU file and config file settings for the next time you open visual logger.

Provided that you have all of the communication settings correct in Options screen, you should be able to log now.  There is a chance that your allroad does not have the 551R file on the ecu, and in that case, this won't work.  You have two options:
1) Write this stock 551R file to your ecu with Nefmoto (even though this is an original file, please verify the checksums before writing)
2) Read the file from your ecu with Nefmoto and use that as the bin file in the above step 1.  Keep in mind, for this project you will have to switch to 551R anyway and there are also potential issues with reading the ecu with nefmoto on these allroads, so I would just recommend flashing the 551R file to your ecu if that's not the file that's already on it.
B6T

Good that you mentioned that.  My car has a 551R ECU but it had been flashed with the 551S file.  So after I had finished reading out the .bin with nefmoto a few weeks ago, my car wouldn't start.  I flashed it with the exact file you posted and it's been running perfectly normal ever since.

In other words, I'll be logging my car with the exact same 551R file that you posted.

Until then, I'm going in to the garage to hook up a boost gauge.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: