Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Understanding tuning & ME7! Help, lost in a forest of numbers!  (Read 13273 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 03:56:18 PM »

Nyet, I started this thread to learn some things about EFI. I stated what I knew about it in the first post which wasn't much really, i also asked if there were any books or other sources to look at other than s4 tuning wiki and no one has suggested something.

See the tuning sticky.

How will looking at Logs inform me on tuning processes and ECU (EFI) function? Not saying this sarcastically, I'm not experienced with logs really and would like to know.

Timing, fuel, boost.

From those three things, you can see what works and what doesn't. Log enough cars (preferably on the same dyno, same conditions), and you'll quickly get a feel for it w/o having to know ANYTHING about EFI.

At the end of the day, all tuning is about optimizing those three parameters safely.

Once you know your end goal, you have something to focus on when learning. Motronic is extremely complex, and like you said, it is easy to lose your way with so many things to juggle at once.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
turboat

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 05:37:53 PM »

Nyet, I started this thread to learn some things about EFI. I stated what I knew about it in the first post which wasn't much really, i also asked if there were any books or other sources to look at other than s4 tuning wiki and no one has suggested something.

I asked a similar question a few months back, got the following reply:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6695.msg62101#msg62101

And:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9AlTN-WfgmnN2huYjhaRnJFcGs/edit?usp=sharing

It's also worth having a read through of the community projects, they will give you a bunch of pointers, and when you get stuck to the next point then ask for more help. Everyone is here to learn, it's easy to get put off by the learning curve, but stick with it and you will get there.

The s4 wiki is pretty vital, and worth reading a bunch of times, it will make a lot more sense when you are looking at it with a map editor in one hand...after you've read it 10x already!

If I was looking to get started I would find a well defined map and open up the map and xdf and start browsing the categories, you will spot stuff that starts to make sense, then go take a look at the wiki again.

anyone know if his 032HS is cross flashable with anything useful?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: