Pages: [1]
Author Topic: how can a tune have no problems when the MAF is removed ?  (Read 5519 times)

« on: December 16, 2014, 01:12:06 PM »

I have a question about a R*vo tune on an 2003 Audi AWM 1.8t  and how they tuned the ecu with a MAF but a lot of VW - Audi guys remove the MAF and the car still runs well. I have the car in my shop with out a MAF and the car is running perfect with a GT28 turbo I was told it is  R*vo software.  what do you think ? How did they do it ? I found this on another website ..... " On R*VO "BT" software you can either run MAF or MAFless. To run MAFless just unplug the MAF and it will automatically run MAFless "... Huh

Lee

Poor quality lingers long after the price is forgotten ....
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 01:44:14 PM »

It's a diagnosis hack that allows ESP/ABS to work. It's still not ideal, but wideband cars work FAIRLY well without the MAF.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
vwaudiguy

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 01:47:47 PM »

Target AFR only on wideband ecu's. I believe the fact it runs "mafless" just means it won't set a DTC when the maf is unplugged. When you say "no problems" ....it isn't as accurate, or fast acting as tuning off the maf readings, and driveability may suffer some. Just my two cents. I hope someone with more experience chimes in.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
terminator

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 04:55:33 PM »

It's a diagnosis hack that allows ESP/ABS to work. It's still not ideal, but wideband cars work FAIRLY well without the MAF.

And why its not ideal? And why some tuners prefer mafless with big turbos? I think RS4 MAF is ok up to 700-800hp.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 05:05:58 PM »

WTH? Smiley
what the hack
terminator

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 05:36:05 PM »

I dont think its a free hack)
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 12:37:22 AM »

As Daz said , Wideband Cars can run pretty well , on some occasions you won`t even tell the difference . It requires time and very good injectors calibration as well as the theoritical air flow maps .

I have never seen a REVO BT file to tell you the truth , only regular stage 1-2 files

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: