Pages: [1]
Author Topic: exhausting tuning  (Read 3455 times)
ktm733

« on: December 17, 2014, 09:46:17 AM »

Can some point me in the right direction of what to tune for exhaust or faqs about exhaust tuning? There's a back pressure change which increases engine scavaging. Which in turns bring more fresh air in, which in turn you need more fuel brought in also to get requested air fuel ratio. Ive searched and there is nothing about exhaust tuning. Wouldn't less more fresh air mean more efficiency?
kingkhalilz

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 08:48:36 PM »

The amount of mass moved through the motor doesnt change the efficiency, increasing the rpm sure sucks more mass but not more efficient. Only increasing the temperature of the motor does or decreasing the intake temp. Thermo stuff. Its such a small modification i doubt it opens much up however thats what your maf sensor is for. Your car will automatically adjust fuel if more air flows in up until a point. Exhaust alone is not close to this point i think.

I am by no means an expert with this stuff. Grain of salt
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 04:49:08 AM »

There is nothing to change except perhaps LDRPID, which should, in theory, require less DC for a given manifold pressure.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: