Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Adapting Cluster  (Read 9701 times)
Lavabo68

« on: December 23, 2014, 08:18:35 AM »

Hi all
This is a wonderful site, many many technical info, i just registered but im reading here since about a year

I have a VW mk4 jetta 2003 wagon tdi, immo3
My Ecu is immo off.
My original cluster is 1j0920806
Now i just bought a Full FIS cluster from Europe 1j0920846

I dont have the SKC from my ECU and original cluster
I do have the SKC from the new (used) cluster
i followed the cluster swap tutorial from http://uk-mkivs.net
Now when i reach adaptation part, the channel 50 is not available!!!  is this because my ECU is immo off? 
Otherwise my new cluster work good , its ontly my radio in safe mode (Double Din) and the immo flashing in my dash... and i wanted to change the odometer to the same as the last cluster

What should i do?
-put back my ECU to immo ON and at the same time get the SKC (while its on the eeprom prog) ? i paid for that, its someone i know that is able to work with VW ECU and have the tools..--then i could do the cluster swap procedure?
-get an eeprom dump from my original cluster to get my SKC?  (from same guy or get one myself)
-get an eeprom dump from the Radio eeprom too to get the radio codse (i dont have it also)--(from same guy or get one myself)

but i think getting an eeprom programmer is a wise choice for me...since i dont have an eeprom programmer, neither vagtacho or vagdash, i have 2 solution, buy  a a tool with the cable or the eeprom reader/programmer

For the eeprom reader, i think i can build one myself (im computer tech with some electronical skills) and use ponyprog..
I dont plan buying vagtacho or else, but if i could use my VCDS or galletto cable with one of those software... i know where to get the softwares.. but cable.. i think i saw a topic here somewhere...

After i have my dump, it will be another story.. im ok with hex editors.. use them in the past in others fields....

my tools:
-VCDS and the Cable
-Gallletto
-Bench harness for ECU-cluster-PC PSU

My Fis installed:

des photos

Westfalia 1973 swap tdi AHU
Jetta wagon 2003 tdi euro spec
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 08:51:21 AM »

Yes. In order to adapt a new cluster the immobilizer must be active.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
MK2-VRT

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 10:48:00 AM »

Yes, immo in ecu must be active, then adapt the key with the cluster and after that, make immo off, or leave it on what you want.
vampirelo

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 05:14:33 PM »

I think that possible to adapt new cluster just by change of dump new one based on old one.
turboat

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 03:33:56 AM »

I think that possible to adapt new cluster just by change of dump new one based on old one.

Yes that is possible.
Lavabo68

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 11:53:39 AM »

ok more reading needed ha ha

i wanted to avoid odbd eeprom read.. but since its encrypted  ...

will get more educated before going further Smiley

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:51:21 AM by Lavabo68 » Logged

f1torrents

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 09:21:04 AM »

Its not encrypted.
Lavabo68

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »

hey thanks,
i thought i was stuck because i was not able to read  my dump with XVI or ponyprog... i supposed my dump was encrypted ... and the only way was to get an eeprom read from OBD connector... you made me go foward

did a bit of work on that yesterday and made a few step foward.

I own 2 cable, one galletto and one VCDS cheap ebay one.

i succeded opened my bin files with Vag Eeprom programmer 1.19.  I now have all the information i need:
I openened my BIN file ... and get all info i need.
This is my old cluster removed :

This is my actual FIS cluster in the car. i connected with my chinese Galetto cable:

I also succeed using Vag K Commander with my ebay VCDS cable.

I want to put the real odometer.
I connected to my ECU and it read the real actual mileage about 329 000 km

Now im not sure if i can try to write to my cluster eeprom through OBD port ...maybe ill look to learn to use the me7_95040 tool.. im good in command mode!

what i want to achieve is :
1- put real mileage in odometer
2- find my radio code so the radio dont fall in SAFE mode when i connect the CAN BUS ---

--I had to disconnect CAN BUS from my double din radio connector because it was going into SAFE MODE with the new cluster connected. Then i found if i plug back my old cluster, power on the car and radio.. then disconnect CAN BUS from radio-->Cluster  -- put back new cluster -- Radio work!

But Everytime i disconnect battery i had to plug back my original cluster to get radio work again. Then i just made a connection with molex plug from radio (can bus H and can bus L) and powered the old cluster with 12V, so i dont have to swap cluster but i can plug the old cluster (only the board, no needle or else) in the glove box and radio is ok. -- seems ghetto bu it works...  ----

3- adapt the new cluster to the ECU - remove the immo blinking light!

Question:  If i modify my 1j0-920-846C dump with the SKC from the old cluster  and mileage from the old cluster, then write back the bin files.. will this work?  Seems the eeprom are diofferent -- 24c08 old one vs 93cXX the new FIS one....

Also, can i play in the dump to improve or modify my FIS menu ?

I now own a SP200 Eeprom Programmer (read the bin from cluster 806L with it and an ISP clamp --work ok on bench

i join my ECU dump in attachement

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:43:35 AM by Lavabo68 » Logged

tjwasiak

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 05:59:54 PM »

It would be much easier if your old cluster would be VDO but it is not (in that case you could simply copy all immo data - including ECU, keys, VIN, IMMOID and mileage from old cluster to new one).
IMHO best solution for you would be to set your "new" cluster to "virgin", switch IMMO in ECU and then adapt it properly from scratch, including setting your real mileage through VAG-COM/VCDS adaptation channel.
If you need help with virginizing your VDO cluster dump just drop me a PM.
Lavabo68

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 10:47:22 AM »

Thx, PM sent

If you need help with virginizing your VDO cluster dump just drop me a PM.

MadCow

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 09:20:41 AM »

If you write the old VIN to the new cluster your radio will start working. It's a pain in the ass getting the radio code off the EEPROM since you can't read it through obd and the chip itself is buried inside the radio.
iscsu

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 12:50:02 AM »

It would be much easier if your old cluster would be VDO but it is not (in that case you could simply copy all immo data - including ECU, keys, VIN, IMMOID and mileage from old cluster to new one).

Hi tjwasiak!

I'm right in the middle of a MFA to FIS cluster swap (1J5 920 926 C -> 3B0 920 847 E), and since for somewhat reason (too dumb cable Smiley ) I can't reset my new cluster to 'virgin' state, I was planning to copy the necessary data from the original cluster to the new one. I already altered the VIN, IMMOID and mileage, but I'm stucked here. I was browsing a lot for a "EEPROM structure for n00bs" thread, but without success.
Could you (or anyone who reads this) please help me out?
tjwasiak

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 05:15:48 AM »

Sure, just PM me with dumps from both clusters and I can show you what have to be copied and why.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: