Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MED9.1 – Changing the effective values in maps in real-time  (Read 27769 times)
majorahole

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 11:55:59 AM »

awesome write-up!! a bit over my head, as i cant figure out the ida well enough to change logging variables yet, but for those that get it, this is cool little tool to have!
AngelPowy

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 12:02:11 PM »

I appologize if my question is maybe noob, but As we change asm code (wich is not in the tuning area if I can say it like this), Ols don't cover change is this region of the flash. So do we have to worry about checksum? Or does the Region storing those code work without checksum ?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2015, 12:09:56 PM »

I appologize if my question is maybe noob, but As we change asm code (wich is not in the tuning area if I can say it like this), Ols don't cover change is this region of the flash. So do we have to worry about checksum? Or does the Region storing those code work without checksum ?

1) checksums cover both asm and the maps
2) ols covers both asm and the maps
3) live checksumming must be disabled for live changes to not cause faults.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AngelPowy

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 09:08:52 PM »

Ok so my ols version is uncorrect. When I try to modify the flash file in ASM region Winols tell that this area is not covered by checksum. So I think that WInols can't do this checksum but maybe flash tool is able to.
Aurélien

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 04:36:34 AM »

If you use original winols with original winols checksumm plugin, it does correct checksumm for every single area.
AngelPowy

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 12:11:08 AM »

Ok, I don't have the original version of winols I only tune for pleasure. And I use a V12 MPPS c*** so do the tool checksum when write or should I not try?
prj

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2015, 05:32:21 PM »

I would go about this differently.
Not to talk down on your effort or anything.

A much simpler way is to map tables to memory.
In the flash, locate where tables are read, and redirect the reads to RAM.
Build in a check that populates the RAM addresses on startup or on first read.

After that use WriteMemoryByAddress service (if it does not exist, create it) to write RAM directly.
That way you can offload whole tables in to RAM. If you want to attach fancy dials to that, no problem.
It is just a lot more universal... and this is how real time mapping is done on aftermarket ROM's for Evo ecu's.

The easiest way of course is to solder in a BDM header permanently, then overadvance the timing in the whole map, and record average CF at each operating point.
Then subtract it from the map... That's what I did recently on a dual ECU setup. Only works in areas where it is knock limited though, does not work in areas where MBT is below knock limit, there you actually need something to change stuff in real time.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Basano

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 04:49:37 AM »

Hi prj,

When I looked at data-logging ages ago, I couldn’t get #3D WriteMemoryByAddress to work in MED9.1. I always got a negative reply – #7F and in the end I gave up on that route.

I think Aurélien has got WriteMemoryByAddress working via KWP & TP2.0, but I don’t know if he discovered a way to enable the service on MED9.1 or had to write an implementation in ASM. If he did that – impressive!

RAM-based tables would be a very neat feature

prj

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2015, 08:55:25 AM »

Well you are adding monitoring of CAN ID's, it is no different to adding some logic into the ECU diagnostics routines.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
technic

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 03:14:02 AM »

The easiest way of course is to solder in a BDM header permanently, then overadvance the timing in the whole map, and record average CF at each operating point.
Then subtract it from the map...
This is how I do it aswell.
ozzy_rp

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2015, 01:44:55 PM »

My small contribution in this thread.
PCB for can-bus splitter.

MED17/EDC17 Reverse engineering
conversion sgo and frf to bin https://osotec.com/
marrakech

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2015, 05:09:12 AM »

greate!
tobygolf66

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »

Great Job Basano ;-) Thank you ! Cool

Rgds Toby
dream3R

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2015, 01:04:09 PM »

Hi prj,

When I looked at data-logging ages ago, I couldn’t get #3D WriteMemoryByAddress to work in MED9.1. I always got a negative reply – #7F and in the end I gave up on that route.

I think Aurélien has got WriteMemoryByAddress working via KWP & TP2.0, but I don’t know if he discovered a way to enable the service on MED9.1 or had to write an implementation in ASM. If he did that – impressive!

RAM-based tables would be a very neat feature

It's got to be there!  Possibly a security feature?

UDS surely lol
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 01:19:14 PM by dream3R » Logged

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
tobygolf66

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2015, 01:44:33 AM »

great stuff, thank you ;-)

rgds
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: