Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Disable ASR but keep ABS  (Read 123405 times)
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2016, 12:38:06 PM »

EDL works at speeds up to 80 km/h (50 mph) on all quattro models for the B5 platform.

Zenerdiode

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2016, 04:18:12 PM »

The car also understeers like mad in corners with EDL off. Turn EDL on and suddenly it goes where you point it.

Is that because in more modern stuff like the A1; it's not just EDL, but now TV (Torque Vectoring)?
prj

« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2016, 06:09:11 PM »

Is that because in more modern stuff like the A1; it's not just EDL, but now TV (Torque Vectoring)?

It is EDL. The diffs are open, there is no clever front or rear diff on the Audi S1.
All it does is brake the freely spinning wheels.

Also, the steering angle sensor is disabled on this car to force ESP off, so it has no way of knowing which way the car is pointed.

It is logical that when you go into a corner the inner wheels loses traction first. If you brake those wheels it will force the car to turn more.
A torque vectoring system can be used if the front or rear diff side to side bias can be modified, this is then done pre-emptively and favors a biased torque split with more torque going to the outer wheels in a corner.
On Audi it is known as the "Sport differential".

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2016, 06:10:24 PM »

EDL works at speeds up to 80 km/h (50 mph) on all quattro models for the B5 platform.

IIRC the b5 is significantly lower but I don't recall the value.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2016, 01:03:06 AM »

The fwd b5 version is active up to 40km/h, which is significantly lower   Wink

prj

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2016, 02:07:52 AM »

On the Audi S1 EDL is always active.

However, it has a modeled brake pad/disc temperature in the ESP/ABS control unit.
If the modeled temperature gets too high, EDL function is disabled until the brakes cool off.

Not exactly rocket science when you know the brake bias, speed, weight of the car and the rate at which the brakes cool off.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Mikhail

« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2017, 08:25:18 AM »

On the Audi S1 EDL is always active.

However, it has a modeled brake pad/disc temperature in the ESP/ABS control unit.
If the modeled temperature gets too high, EDL function is disabled until the brakes cool off.

Not exactly rocket science when you know the brake bias, speed, weight of the car and the rate at which the brakes cool off.
Is it possible to code a 4wd abs to 2wd? Or what could be done to prevent edl working by coding. Obviously code heaviest car and smallest brakes.
stuklr

« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2018, 08:53:28 AM »

ASR, ABS, EDL and yaw control are all different things.

The only way you can disable yaw control is turn off ESP.
EDL - you need to pull a fuse.

As for the ESP function being permanently off - this is very easy to do in the ECU with a single byte mod.
But you won't be able to switch it back on.

PRJ, you said you can disable the ECU's response to ESP with a single byte? Address?

I would like to disable The ecu's response to a loss of traction in a straight line. None of the functions Nyet listed seems to stop ESP from asking the ecu to cut power completely. It allows the car to spin on launch, but then slowly pulls timing as the vehicle accelerates. 

I currently run these changes:
 KLDMASRL = all 5 values FF
CWMSRSCAN 2= 03  but have tired both 06 and 07
NASNOTKL = all 5 values FF

If I launch hard enough to slip the tires, The ESP light comes on and the longer the power is applied, the more I can feel the car loose acceleration. As if timing is dropping the entire pull. Boost is sustained, throttle is 100%. This condition only stops if you lift completely from the throttle pedal and reapply. Then the car pulls as normal. No power loss.

My case may be different because it is an allroad. I cannot just kill esp with the button anymore because without air suspension, ESP cannot be disabled over 40mph.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2018, 08:57:34 AM »

Did you try shorting the parking brake signal?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
stuklr

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2018, 09:01:33 AM »

I have not. I thought that only killed EDL though? Or does it disable esp?
stuklr

« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2018, 10:49:51 AM »

Update: ebrake up one click, esp light still blinks and engages.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2018, 12:41:59 PM »

I have not. I thought that only killed EDL though? Or does it disable esp?

Yea, was just wondering out of curiosity. Looks like you'll have to bust out the disassembler and do some more ram location logging.

ECUx Plot

carsey

« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2019, 11:37:21 AM »

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of 'numbing' the ASR so that you can continue accelerating whilst the wheels are spinning? KLDMASRL seems like the map which sorts it, but is this one sucessful in limiting engine power, but not cutting it abruptly?

Cheers
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2019, 01:29:43 PM »

Try to play with MDNORM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2019, 01:48:39 PM »

Try to play with MDNORM

Did nothing for me on ME7.1

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: