Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Audi A6 4F 3.0 TDI Quattro Checksum correction  (Read 9729 times)
AranoX_Austria

« on: February 14, 2015, 01:13:15 AM »

Hi Guys!

After i managed to read my EDC16CP34 ECU with my Galletto v54 Clone i also managed to disable the EGR.
There are two things that im unsure about:

First: Does the original file look weird? I mean, its starting with a lot of blank space (FF) but then the rest look normal to me. Maybe somebody can tell me something about this?

Second: Is the Checksum of the EGR_Off file correct?

Im a little bit afraid because its the first time i want to write something into the ECU and i dont want to damage my car.

Hope somebody can help me!

Thanks!
AranoX
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 01:24:41 AM by AranoX_Austria » Logged
technic

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 04:31:12 AM »

You didn't checksum it at all, did you?
File is ok, it is a partial read. I haven't checked your EGR off.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 04:34:05 AM by technic » Logged
AranoX_Austria

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 05:06:03 AM »

You didn't checksum it at all, did you?
File is ok, it is a partial read. I haven't checked your EGR off.

No, because i dont know. Some told me that WinOLS does it automatically, but after what you said, it didnt.

Partial read? How and why? Is that bad? Did i something wrong when reading my ECU?

Big Thanks for checking my file!

BR
technic

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 12:33:22 PM »

WinOls does checksumming automatically if you have purchased the plugin for that ecu, but I guess your tool does checksumming when writing anyway.

Partial read is ok as i said. It just reads the most important part of the flash from a tuning perspective, padding the rest with FF. When written back, the FF:s are ignored.

AranoX_Austria

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 12:48:49 PM »

WinOls does checksumming automatically if you have purchased the plugin for that ecu, but I guess your tool does checksumming when writing anyway.

Partial read is ok as i said. It just reads the most important part of the flash from a tuning perspective, padding the rest with FF. When written back, the FF:s are ignored.

Oke, then i see were the problem is Wink

Thanks for explaining it to me and checking it. Big Thanks!
prj

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 01:09:00 AM »

Galletto sums the file on the way in...
I don't know how the v54 china stuff is, but if it is anything like the original you do not need to checksum anything.

Also, if the tool does checksum ALWAYS let the tool do the checksum.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
aef

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 02:19:05 AM »

Please report if your file is working. I learned to change only two of the egr hysteresis maps.
AranoX_Austria

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 11:53:34 PM »

Galletto sums the file on the way in...
I don't know how the v54 china stuff is, but if it is anything like the original you do not need to checksum anything.

Also, if the tool does checksum ALWAYS let the tool do the checksum.

I wasnt sure about that but now i know that if anything goes wrong (Like checksum isnt correct) i simple can transfer the original file back into the ECU.

Thanks vor your advice!

Please report if your file is working. I learned to change only two of the egr hysteresis maps.

I unpluged the EGR Valvehose and i got no Error Code, i think it worked. Tomorrow i will get the cover plate ( VAG Number 038 131 925 and 038 131 925 A, i want sure which one is fitting perfect, so i bought both for 2,80€/Piece)  for the EGR and then i finally know if everything worked fine, i will report.

BR
AranoX_Austria

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 01:52:22 AM »

Hi Guys!

Sorry for the late response.

The EGR deactivation is working great. The EGR cover plate is attached and i still got no error according to VCDS.

BR
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: