Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Audi 3.2 Turbo (R32 same ECU)  (Read 14311 times)
IanIsKing

« on: February 14, 2015, 12:58:35 PM »

hey guys
Im a newbe here so please can some of the pro's give me some advise. I have a boosted 3.2 audi running unitronic and would like to try tunning it and edit the file myself. Can I use Nefmoto or Galletto to read the file safely, without damaging or 'bricking' the ECU? please can I get some guidance here.
thanks
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 01:14:47 PM »

hey guys
Im a newbe here so please can some of the pro's give me some advise. I have a boosted 3.2 audi running unitronic and would like to try tunning it and edit the file myself. Can I use Nefmoto or Galletto to read the file safely, without damaging or 'bricking' the ECU? please can I get some guidance here.
thanks

You have two posts, asking the same thing. Please, don't do that.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
IanIsKing

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 01:42:03 PM »

You have two posts, asking the same thing. Please, don't do that.

Sorry wont happen again...
Allabout

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 08:21:59 PM »

hey guys
thanks

In short, this would be a no.
You will need to write your stock OEM ECU file back on and start from scratch.

Why do you want to modify your current file? Is it not running correctly??
IanIsKing

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 02:11:58 AM »

In short, this would be a no.
You will need to write your stock OEM ECU file back on and start from scratch.

Why do you want to modify your current file? Is it not running correctly??

thanks for the reply... the file has some issues and needs work, its a base file and Ive been waiting for Unitronic for a while to look at it. but Ill anyway would like to learn more about the tunning myself... so in short if you have a unitronic file loaded I cant access the map at all? they must remove the file and revert it back to stock before I can start?
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 12:43:46 PM »

thanks for the reply... the file has some issues and needs work, its a base file and Ive been waiting for Unitronic for a while to look at it. but Ill anyway would like to learn more about the tunning myself... so in short if you have a unitronic file loaded I cant access the map at all? they must remove the file and revert it back to stock before I can start?

Don't take this the wrong way.

These are day 1 questions you are asking. Before even CONSIDERING working on something as complex as a turbo ME7 project you should be able to answer these questions.

For now, find the stock file that goes with your car. Start identifying the maps you're going to need. Then, figure out how these maps may be contributing to the issues you're having.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Allabout

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 07:44:14 PM »

Here is what I could advise you.

Firstly, If Unitronics are taking too long? Perhaps give DarkArtz a call and ask them to add pressure.
If this is not going to work?
Then you will need to revert your ECU to stock file or get Unitronics to do this for you.

Expect to pay big money for a tuning tool that will work all the time. Many forum members will agree.
Personally, I tried multiple MPPS, Galetto and Blue Generic Vag com cables.
To date, I have managed to get some information from my ECU. Most garbage I'm afraid.

I was at the stage of paying out £2000-4000 for A tuning tool to get what I needed. However it simply was not a worthwhile expenditure.
Perhaps look else where in the USA or UK to get your ECU tuned if Unitronics cannot come to the party?

Lastly, as much as most of us are willing to help. I'm still reading only 8 months later while playing around with a file, that is yet to be burnt to the car.

Wanting to learn is great, jumping in at the deep end and some. Will take sometime.
Also forget about the traditional way the Dicktator or most other aftermarket ECU's are tuned over in South Africa.
Our Bosch ECU's do not work in this way per say.
IanIsKing

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 09:47:55 AM »

Don't take this the wrong way.

These are day 1 questions you are asking. Before even CONSIDERING working on something as complex as a turbo ME7 project you should be able to answer these questions.

For now, find the stock file that goes with your car. Start identifying the maps you're going to need. Then, figure out how these maps may be contributing to the issues you're having.

Wanting to learn I must first crawl, so yes these are my day 1 questions... before I can even start looking at files etc I have to figure out how to get hold of my file. I’ve read up on how to it works with a stock ECU but it I also read the warning about having aftermarket software and the possibility of bricking the ECU, thus before I do anything I was hope some experts could put me on the right track read to avoid bricking the ECU or damaging something.
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 09:53:36 AM »

This ecu, you are best off doing everything in bootmode. It is very easy to brick this one. Make sure to backup your eeprom as well, and then read up on the P1681 workaround (it's a sticky). Once you get that sorted, start worrying about defining it. It will be an uphill battle as there are no publicly released definitions for this file.

Most of the times there are hurdles. Either you can't get info, or you don't know what to do with it, or you can't flash it, or it's very complex.

In this case, you literally have EVERY OBSTACLE. This is just a bad place to start, so expect a bit of heartbreak.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:23:07 AM by ddillenger » Logged

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
IanIsKing

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 09:55:03 AM »

Here is what I could advise you.

Firstly, If Unitronics are taking too long? Perhaps give DarkArtz a call and ask them to add pressure.
If this is not going to work?
Then you will need to revert your ECU to stock file or get Unitronics to do this for you.

Expect to pay big money for a tuning tool that will work all the time. Many forum members will agree.
Personally, I tried multiple MPPS, Galetto and Blue Generic Vag com cables.
To date, I have managed to get some information from my ECU. Most garbage I'm afraid.

I was at the stage of paying out £2000-4000 for A tuning tool to get what I needed. However it simply was not a worthwhile expenditure.
Perhaps look else where in the USA or UK to get your ECU tuned if Unitronics cannot come to the party?

Lastly, as much as most of us are willing to help. I'm still reading only 8 months later while playing around with a file, that is yet to be burnt to the car.

Wanting to learn is great, jumping in at the deep end and some. Will take sometime.
Also forget about the traditional way the Dicktator or most other aftermarket ECU's are tuned over in South Africa.
Our Bosch ECU's do not work in this way per say.

Thanks for the help
Dark arts did do the software and it works but it’s got issues, between dark arts and Unitronic I’m battling to get any type of feedback, I’ve been battling for 3 months now... thats why I would like to look into doing it myself however I see its a very complex task... but Ill like to learn more... will I be wasting my time then buying a Galletto cable?
IanIsKing

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 09:58:45 AM »

This ecu, you are best off doing everything in bootmode. It is very easy to brick this one. Make sure to backup your eeprom as well, and then read up on the P1681 workaround (it's a sticky). Once you get that sorted, start worrying about defining it. It will be an uphill battle as there are no publicly released definitions for this file.

Most of the times there are a hurdles. Either you can't get info, or you don't know what to do with it, or you can't flash it.

In this case, you literally have EVERY OBSTACLE. This is just a bad place to start, so expect a bit of heartbreak.

thanks for the help Sad
ddillenger

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 10:25:23 AM »

thanks for the help Sad

I wish I had better news. Truth is, it takes YEARS to get to the point where a tuner is reasonably knowledgeable or skilled enough to tackle a turbo ME7 tune. Nevermind one on one of the more difficult ecus. I am a HUGE fan of DIY. With that being said, this is one of the ones I'd pay a professional for (if I were you). I have done these, and it is not easy.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Allabout

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 09:26:51 PM »

Thanks for the help
Dark arts did do the software and it works but it’s got issues, between dark arts and Unitronic I’m battling to get any type of feedback, I’ve been battling for 3 months now... thats why I would like to look into doing it myself however I see its a very complex task... but Ill like to learn more... will I be wasting my time then buying a Galletto cable?

I have not found any Chinese copy of galetto to work. However it's possible at some point my ECU was already tuned and encrypted.
Well I can understand your frustration and also time being taken is no longer being suitable.

Either way, you will need to start from the beginning.
Why not Aproach FR&R I think they are called? Perhaps they might be able to help you.

yosh

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 03:32:33 AM »

Thanks for the help

You have received the same feedback we received from UNI HQ. Much like yourself, we are also still waiting...
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 07:18:37 AM »

Some of you says this dont work..
Kess V2.12 Works fine to Read/Write (Clone)

For more info on turboing this car.. Im working on a project thread right now.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:21:14 AM by Jim_Coupe » Logged

E85oholic
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: