Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: allroad won't start on any tune but the tune I pulled from it NOW RUNNING 551L  (Read 16492 times)
mounty

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 06:28:49 PM »

Obd2 in car. Doesn't brick the ecu. I can flash back to stock tune and it's fine. Ended up ordering a new cable. Hoping it's here before the weekend. It's only one state away 
mounty

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 06:33:21 PM »

I should be able to use my 1.8t bench flashing harness for the 2.7t ecu correct.  They're both me7.1.   Last time I assumed they were the same I fried a tdi ecu..
mounty

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 07:05:13 PM »

Cable came in today.   Tried to use nefmoto to do a full read on lunch. Got to 6% then failed. Car wouldn't start. Blah blah.  Flashed stock tune back with mpps. Starts fine.  Going to pull ecu after work to see if it's been chipped or not.  Been down this road once before.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 07:10:21 PM »

Going to pull ecu after work to see if it's been chipped or not.

That should have been step 1.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

Why is noone listening?

MPPS cannot be used to change the file number.

That is the problem. Either bootmode the new file on, and then ONLY flash revisions of THAT file, OR use nefmoto to flash.

!!!

lol

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
mounty

I tried to use nefmoto to read and it failed daz.  Got to 6% and failed.  I know mpps can't change it. You made that clear.  I only used mpps in this case to get my car driving again by flashing the stock file back on  that's all. I'm trying to flash with nefmoto. But it fails to read so far.
mounty

I'll post a log file when I get home from work.
ddillenger

With the allroads, you MUST use 38400 baud or lower. Anything higher will fail periodically Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
mounty

Tried at that baud.  Failed 3 times but was getting higher each time.   Got to 30% then I bumped the USB cord and it disconnected.  And then promptly after that my laptop died.  Now I'm just waiting for my laptop to charge at work.
mounty

Fail periodically my ass  Lol. A few headaches later it's running on a 551L Stock file.
ddillenger

Haha-I did one today, failed 37 times.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
vwaudiguy

Putting a battery charger on helps a lot with Nefmoto for me. There was a sweet spot of too much/not enough battery voltage that really seemed to make communication much faster and reliable.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
mounty

Jeez. That is so many times..  so now that the 551L
Is on there. I can use mpps to reflash?  Unless I want to go back to 551M correct? 
vwaudiguy

Is it just the bosch/hardware versions (0 261 XXXX) that need to match using MPPS?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ddillenger

Jeez. That is so many times..  so now that the 551L
Is on there. I can use mpps to reflash?  Unless I want to go back to 551M correct? 

Yes.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: