Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Author Topic: Tuning instrument cluster gauges for Audi/VW/Seat/Skoda  (Read 128795 times)
blairdude

« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2023, 09:17:31 PM »

Well just as an update, I set-up a bench harness and successfully figured out how to change mileage, k-value, update speedo checksum, etc.  Haven't tested the modified k-values in the car yet, but the cluster accepted the flash and doesn't show any errors when powered up.  I wrote an .xdf that's a bit more thorough than the existing ones on here; I'll post it after I work on it a bit more.
blairdude

« Reply #211 on: January 05, 2023, 08:47:02 PM »

Some more info based on testing.  I tested some modified k-values in the car, and it did indeed change the speed displayed on the speedometer, and the speed displayed by certain modules that get their speed signal from the cluster's speedo output pins (like Central Locking and Park Assist).  The ECU-displayed speed is still as stock, as I assume it has its own tables to determine vehicle speed.  Level control also displays the ECU speed; I'm guessing it's picking that up from the Powertrain CAN bus since it's connected to that.

However, I have some questions regarding how the k-values are stored in the binary and how they function (there's 6 as far as I can tell).
The k-values seem to be in a 3x2 table starting at 0xB5.  Numbers in the left column are close but not the same as those in the right column in all the cluster binaries I've looked at.  In most binaries, the rows are identical, but in the 2 clusters I have personally (03 Allroad ad 04 A6), the 3rd row has different (lower) numbers than the other 2.  I'm assuming this is because both of these clusters can be coded for an Allroad, which has a larger tire size.  When I modified the k-values, I scaled them all down to about 75%, which had the expected effect of the speedometer reading higher than actual speed.  Anyone have any idea why the two columns are always close but not the same?  Could this have to do with how the speedometer outputs a speed signal to other modules in the car?

Just trying to get an idea of how everything works so I can set it up properly for my car.
blairdude

« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2023, 10:31:33 PM »

So based on some testing, the k-values do seem to work as a 2x3 table

First column does not have an effect on the speedo reading - my guess is that this adjusts the output pulses to the two speedo output pins
Second column seems to change the pulse count used by the speedometer
1st row appears to be active when Allroad is not specified in the coding
2nd row doesn't seem to do anything so far with a C5 cluster
3rd row appears to be selected by adding '4' to the coding (specifies Allroad)
Mustangok

« Reply #213 on: March 15, 2023, 07:17:28 AM »

Hello!

I need help with my panel, I have a bora that had panel code 1J5920806J VDO on MFA immo3. and bought a passat b5.5 panel 3B0920829 VDO with MFA immo3. today I already configured it and the car turns on and the ABS light no longer turns on. but The speedometer also shows 10 to 15 km/h less, is there any modification in the eeprom that I can adjust this difference? I am attaching the pictures and the eeprom.
blairdude

« Reply #214 on: March 19, 2023, 12:52:52 AM »

Hello!

I need help with my panel, I have a bora that had panel code 1J5920806J VDO on MFA immo3. and bought a passat b5.5 panel 3B0920829 VDO with MFA immo3. today I already configured it and the car turns on and the ABS light no longer turns on. but The speedometer also shows 10 to 15 km/h less, is there any modification in the eeprom that I can adjust this difference? I am attaching the pictures and the eeprom.

Start with a Mk4 Bora/Golf panel binary where the ROM ID matches the one from the original Passat panel ID, then transfer your immo data/odo/vin etc to that.
Mustangok

« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2023, 11:24:35 AM »

I solved the problem using dumpdash edit, with it I checked the option of 80km when I'm at 100 in the GPS and generated the new eeprom.

so the panel now marks the exact speed of the GPS.

blairdude

« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2023, 11:37:18 AM »

I solved the problem using dumpdash edit, with it I checked the option of 80km when I'm at 100 in the GPS and generated the new eeprom.

so the panel now marks the exact speed of the GPS.

Your odometer will still be off if you used this method to correct the speedometer.
Mustangok

« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2023, 02:05:38 PM »

it didn't stay... but it marks less km, as it is possible to change it in the future I will correct the error.
every 33 km, for example, the odometer marks 5 km less, I have already done this calculation.

in Brazil there is no one who is able to correct this, I sent it to a person from Ohio but his correction did not work.. at 100km/h the panel marked 85km/h, unfortunately.
blairdude

« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2023, 04:29:42 PM »

it didn't stay... but it marks less km, as it is possible to change it in the future I will correct the error.
every 33 km, for example, the odometer marks 5 km less, I have already done this calculation.

in Brazil there is no one who is able to correct this, I sent it to a person from Ohio but his correction did not work.. at 100km/h the panel marked 85km/h, unfortunately.

The binary I'm attaching should be the correct one for using this Passat cluster in a Mk4 Jetta/Golf/Bora.  I transferred the key/immobolizer data from the binary file you posted earlier.  The speedo may still be about 5km off at 100km/hr just like the stock ones.  You can correct that with DashDumpEdit if you want.

You needed to start with a Mk4 binary that uses the VKK503MH software version with MFA screen.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 04:32:51 PM by blairdude » Logged
Mustangok

« Reply #219 on: March 23, 2023, 05:54:56 PM »

Blairdude, thanks for the help!  If I get it tomorrow, I'll upload this file to test it... if it's 5km/h less, it's perfect!  what I don't want is to be upside down... I don't need to do anything, right, just upload the file as vageeprom?  thank you again!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 06:01:23 PM by Mustangok » Logged
blairdude

« Reply #220 on: March 26, 2023, 01:49:26 PM »

Blairdude, thanks for the help!  If I get it tomorrow, I'll upload this file to test it... if it's 5km/h less, it's perfect!  what I don't want is to be upside down... I don't need to do anything, right, just upload the file as vageeprom?  thank you again!

Correct, let me know if there's issues with that binary.
Mustangok

« Reply #221 on: March 28, 2023, 09:33:13 AM »

Correct, let me know if there's issues with that binary.

It didn't change... it already at 40km/h on the panel shows 42Km/h on the GPS.
and it gets worse as the speed increases.
yarokas

« Reply #222 on: May 07, 2023, 08:34:22 AM »

Hi,
Im installing a Passat b5 cluster (3b0919861j) in a VW T4 1996. Almost everything is working allready, for Tahometer used an arduino to divide the impulses from the alternator, temp works ok, fuel gauge works after correcting dash eeprom. The problem is in the speedometer, it shows about 25% less than actualy going, after corecting the K-value from 4182 to 3345 works perfect, but, now i have Def message. Tried to code again with diagnostic tool, tried manually in eeprom, tried calc for odometer(i thought they calc cks). Nothing works. Maybe some one know any solution?
With ne k value atached(0x092-0x099).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 08:36:07 AM by yarokas » Logged
blairdude

« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2023, 12:55:07 PM »

Hi,
Im installing a Passat b5 cluster (3b0919861j) in a VW T4 1996. Almost everything is working allready, for Tahometer used an arduino to divide the impulses from the alternator, temp works ok, fuel gauge works after correcting dash eeprom. The problem is in the speedometer, it shows about 25% less than actualy going, after corecting the K-value from 4182 to 3345 works perfect, but, now i have Def message. Tried to code again with diagnostic tool, tried manually in eeprom, tried calc for odometer(i thought they calc cks). Nothing works. Maybe some one know any solution?
With ne k value atached(0x092-0x099).

Let me know if this works.  I included a rudimentary XDF I've been working on and a DLL file I made to automatically calculate the checksum when the file is saved (DLL goes in the TunerPro Plugins folder).  Keep in mind that I don't have any of these clusters to test with.

yarokas

« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2023, 01:33:10 PM »

Let me know if this works.  I included a rudimentary XDF I've been working on and a DLL file I made to automatically calculate the checksum when the file is saved (DLL goes in the TunerPro Plugins folder).  Keep in mind that I don't have any of these clusters to test with.

Thank you. But still def. Tried editing a non def file in TunerPro with your DLL, same. I noticed that my original CS is "E0" but if i save my file without changes it goes for "AC". Maybe there is a way to do something with the calculation algorithm?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 01:45:46 PM by yarokas » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
  Print  

Jump to: