Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Here it is folks ECUX, found it on another forum  (Read 48985 times)
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 04:37:47 PM »

would you mind posting the .dll needed for Win7 64-bit?

cheers!

I'm running windows vista on my computer. Could I get this to work?

Well... the short answer is no. I ran into this same problem. As it turns out most if not all ported/hacked programs work with xp. Some work with 7. Your best bet would be to set up a virtual machine on your vista. This will allow you to run programs meant for xp on your vista based computer. I don't really understand how it works, but it will. Hope that helps.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
phila_dot

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 04:59:05 PM »

cheers!

Well... the short answer is no. I ran into this same problem. As it turns out most if not all ported/hacked programs work with xp. Some work with 7. Your best bet would be to set up a virtual machine on your vista. This will allow you to run programs meant for xp on your vista based computer. I don't really understand how it works, but it will. Hope that helps.

ECUx runs just fine on Vista. I have never had a compatability problem running XP programs on Vista. A VM is definitely not necessary.
berTTos

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 05:49:37 PM »

ECUx runs just fine on Vista. I have never had a compatability problem running XP programs on Vista. A VM is definitely not necessary.

i can also confirm this.  ECUx runs on Vista and Win7 just fine.  don't even need to run as admin.  also - altering volumeID works fine in both OS's, however you DO need to open CMD as admin to run volumeID.exe.

ALSO NOTE - if you're going to change volumeID on your tuning laptop that already has TunerPro w/ MTX ME7 checksum plugin activated - the plugin activation key is related to the volumeID.   if you change it - it will no longer work and you will need a new key.
infinkc

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 07:19:55 AM »

ALSO NOTE - if you're going to change volumeID on your tuning laptop that already has TunerPro w/ MTX ME7 checksum plugin activated - the plugin activation key is related to the volumeID.   if you change it - it will no longer work and you will need a new key.

thats pretty funny to think cause im sure a majority of us will have the same vol id for the tuner pro act key.

Giannis

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 02:08:26 AM »

i am getting am error "runtime error 9 subscript out of range" any help please?
mightemouce

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 05:26:33 PM »

this is an amazing find  Shocked
cactusgreens4

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 09:19:03 PM »

help please. i got exux installed but when i run the program and try to go to settings, i get the run time error 713 class not registered blah blah blah i need the following "msstdfmt.dll" which i tried to put into the system 32 folder but when i did the command prompt and type in regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll it pops up and says the module failed to load make sure the binary is stored in the specified path, which i know it is. anyway any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
cactusgreens4

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 11:28:59 AM »

is anyone even still reading this post or should i start a new one? can no one help me get this figured out?
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 11:30:55 AM »

help please. i got exux installed but when i run the program and try to go to settings, i get the run time error 713 class not registered blah blah blah i need the following "msstdfmt.dll" which i tried to put into the system 32 folder but when i did the command prompt and type in regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll it pops up and says the module failed to load make sure the binary is stored in the specified path, which i know it is. anyway any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

are you at an administrator cmd prompt?

ie... windows key, then type cmd, then Ctrl+Enter

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 02:08:12 PM »

cheers!

I do apologize. I hate being the guy that spreads misinformation. What I was told was exactly what I posted earlier. Again I apologize. Has anyone gotten galetto to work on vista? Or Winols?  Thanks.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
cactusgreens4

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 05:43:08 PM »

are you at an administrator cmd prompt?

ie... windows key, then type cmd, then Ctrl+Enter

yes i was in administrator cmd prompt. i even tried putting the file into the syswow64 file and doing regsvr32/64 with no success either...
cactusgreens4

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 06:17:05 PM »

problem solved. i had to uninstall ecux and then run the cmd regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll then reinstall ecux and it works fine now. i didnt even have to go through the registration process.
PCSkiBum_21

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 04:14:13 PM »

I am very close to having this all done, I'm getting hung up on the msstdfmt.dll file though as well.

When I try to run "REGSVR32 msstdfmt.dll" in cmd prompt, it says:
"The module may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 or x64 version of regsvr32.exe"

I am running Windows 7 Pro. What am I doing wrong?

PS: whoever wrote the .txt file, READTHISFIRSTORIFUCKINGCUTYOU is awesome. lol.
ejg3855

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 07:50:15 PM »

I get a cool error when try to load the properties file in the new group.

PCSkiBum_21

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 08:36:09 AM »

edit: got it now. had to download some missing .ocx files in my registry. also, for windows 7, i had to place everything in the sysWOW64 folder instead of the system32 folder.

now i just can't get ECUX to sync with my ECU. i have an M box ecu, and am using the VAG120 file with it, but i keep getting "ECUX can't authenticate your ECU" or something like that. I've been reading other forums that I may have to do the pin43 hardwire to get it to work, haven't got that far yet.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:29:33 AM by PCSkiBum_21 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: