Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: R32 turbo mono-lambda(022906032CN)  (Read 39655 times)
Snow Trooper

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 11:26:54 PM »

I find it hard to see how this kind of comment could be considered useful.

"If you are not going to say something nice, don't say it at all."

Never forget that prj is not just an asshole, but he is an asshole who doesn't understand the difference  between tuning or calibrating maps within software and writing code or programming. Or so it would seem...

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 11:32:01 PM »

Never forget that prj is not just an asshole, but he is an asshole who doesn't understand the difference  between tuning or calibrating maps within software and writing code or programming. Or so it would seem...

Meh. He just thinks that if you can't do custom code in ASM you aren't a tuner.

Meaning that there really only are a half a dozen ME/MED tuners on the planet.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
gt-innovation

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 04:49:05 AM »

This forum has made all of us better at what we do either with our personal effort or from info we found here..All of us have contributed some way and giving names to members that have contributed is going to brake a certain peace that exists on this forum.....

So in my humble opinion leave anyone be as long as he is not violating any forum rules and contributes or has contributed on this forum....Leave the bad names out of this...This is the only forum that is left for real tuners helping each other.

Jim_Coupe

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 10:53:40 AM »

Dont forget its fun to.. Everyone wants to bee an "Jedi" but training and patient is a must.

I was on an interview at a large "automotive company" couple weeks ago. They need new engine calibrations engineers. They said, well  almost: Heres a bucket and a sponge... You can start cleaning the floors..
And then i looked around.. testing rooms, engines and engineers running around everywhere in hyper stressed situations... I thought to my self.. no way.. Ill stay where I am and play with my car in my own garage instead Tongue  lol...  And thanks to this forum i cn play with my cars Tongue Many ppl in this forum are way better on engine control than many of the engineers on the car companies. (Well they work for emissions though soo probably not fair to compare.)

You guys are saying tuner? Its called calibrations engineer ??
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 11:10:05 AM by Jim_Coupe » Logged

E85oholic
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 12:51:36 PM »

You guys are saying tuner? Its called calibrations engineer ??

Everybody has different definitions.

At a car company, the calibration engineer does not write ASM.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2016, 05:06:01 PM »

At a car company, the calibration engineer does not write ASM.
Indeed they don't. But they are not "tuners".
If someone can not write custom code, they can not do a proper R32 turbo software for example. Only a bodge.

There are a ton of people who can shift some maps, there are few who understand the ECU well and know the internals.
Knowing code also helps you to take any software and find maps or reverse engineer stuff.
The real tuners started a long time ago and without any documents, everything was worked out through reverse engineering.

These days there are a lot of kids who buy FR and Damos and think they are god, well it is not so.

Hate all you like - but there are very very few "good tuners" on this forum and in the world. Most of the better ones actually visit here.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2016, 11:55:09 PM »

Indeed they don't. But they are not "tuners".
If someone can not write custom code, they can not do a proper R32 turbo software for example. Only a bodge.

There are a ton of people who can shift some maps, there are few who understand the ECU well and know the internals.
Knowing code also helps you to take any software and find maps or reverse engineer stuff.
The real tuners started a long time ago and without any documents, everything was worked out through reverse engineering.

These days there are a lot of kids who buy FR and Damos and think they are god, well it is not so.

Hate all you like - but there are very very few "good tuners" on this forum and in the world. Most of the better ones actually visit here.

Two main things...

One is that you yourself seemed to advance rather quick. I will state I make the assumption you payed for a lot of help too. You talk huge for a guy asking basic stuff in 2011. My other assumption is that you are someone who was good with code and then you became tuner god after discovering this stuff called cars. As someone who was born into cars and did them as a life before getting savy on the digital side, I can understand your negativity in a opposite direction however I do not condone it. You talk to everyone like they are a caveman hack. On the flipside, where are the big hp prj built cars that look nice and inspire other builds?  

Anyone who seeks out to make good files on their own as a tuner or calibrator can seek out and pay for custom code for their customers needs. Focusing on your skill sets and knowing when to get help are part of running a good business. The end product to a customer is all the same.

I think if you had better people skills you could go pretty far.  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:56:50 PM by Snow Trooper » Logged

cartoons?
prj

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2016, 11:40:54 PM »

I think if you had better people skills you could go pretty far.  
I've surely gotten quite far when you seem to be so obsessed about me. It's amusing really.
Keep going.

None of your assumptions about me are correct besides the fact that I've been around code for decades.

Log your car properly.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 03:44:29 AM »

you sound like you're 60 years old prj Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
prj

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 05:59:53 AM »

you sound like you're 60 years old prj Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I actually came to the same impression after re-reading what I wrote Mihnea.

Log your car properly.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2016, 10:19:54 AM »

I've surely gotten quite far when you seem to be so obsessed about me. It's amusing really.
Keep going.

None of your assumptions about me are correct besides the fact that I've been around code for decades.

You are far less of a daily thing for me than you would hope. I have never seen or heard of you outside this forum and I try to visit here a few times a week. More often than not I see you typing some dick head posts to people so you get my attention at times.

I should forward you the random pms I get everytime we bump heads. You rub a lot of people the wrong way and it seems to really make their day when I tell you what's on my mind. I even had a fellow American say he wanted to beat you up, which I thought was a bit much but it still made me chuckle. You sure do leave a lasting impression.

cartoons?
prj

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2016, 10:24:49 AM »

You are far less of a daily thing for me than you would hope. I have never seen or heard of you outside this forum and I try to visit here a few times a week. More often than not I see you typing some dick head posts to people so you get my attention at times.

I should forward you the random pms I get everytime we bump heads. You rub a lot of people the wrong way and it seems to really make their day when I tell you what's on my mind. I even had a fellow American say he wanted to beat you up, which I thought was a bit much but it still made me chuckle. You sure do leave a lasting impression.

Job well done then. Couldn't care less what anyone on here thinks about me Smiley

Log your car properly.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2016, 07:52:57 PM »

So why are we having this conversation then?

Did you ever tell this guy the locations of what variables he needs to change? I am sure for someone like you it would be a 5 minute thing.

cartoons?
prj

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 12:19:53 AM »

He needs code mods so both sensors read the same signal.
It is pretty straightforward to add code mods to copy over the readings and fuel trims from bank 1 to bank 2 using the information freely available on this forum.

If one does not want to do this themselves, they can pay someone to do it.
The offsets and code are different for every file, because RAM locations are different and code locations are different. I've done CN before, but it takes longer than 5 minutes.

Log your car properly.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 02:42:12 AM »

Been trying to fix this on mine aswell, And as PRJ says its a code job.. So the ASM files is needed i think to reconnect som signals..
Found soomething in FR but im uncertain..  Theres 2 signals connected to two functionblocks  "uulsu_w"..  Note sure if thats correct signal from LSU Its maybe the Heat circuit out something not sure?.. But since i dont have the code i cant do anything anyway.. its a bit frustrating..  also found some signal LAMSONI_W and LAMSONI2_W..  My german is not so good.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:50:02 AM by Jim_Coupe » Logged

E85oholic
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: