Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BOSCH ME7.5.10 CHIPTUNE, EGR/IMMO OFF, TOOLS AND WORKFLOW PROCEDURE  (Read 5627 times)
Detund

Hello There!  Grin

I have Bosch ME7.5.10 on bench whitch i have read Flash400 with KESSv5017/SW 2.23 via OBD Kline before i remove it
and place it on the bench, after that, i moded the file with the ADS EGR OFF tool saved it and run checksum again thgru
ECM TITANIUM, ok! if evrything goes ok i hope this works for My Cloged valve!!!

NOW! I know that i should bootmode the ecu and flash the file on bench but i also need to immo off the ecu due to the risk of getting immo locked as the manual of kess proposes! even thu kess flashes via k line, i could also use this protocol!

before i get to my point i want you to know my tools to work with are, KESS, Galletto v54 & CARPROGv10.93
reading, flashing and eeprom programing, all clones.

My Questions are these:

Immo Off From Flash or from EEPROM? or both??  Huh
some old nefmoto threads around 2012 mentioned that you only flash ram and its ok, but rom chips are always read only, so it makes more sense to me

3) Can Someone suggest a proper way to complete the job?

i searched the database of this forum for cases like mine with this ecu but only a couple of results returned!

I would appreciete it if someone helped with links to figure it out!  Cheesy Cheesy

_nameless

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 08:46:24 AM »

Shouldn't have a problem writing on the bench if the immo is offed. Kess should work just fine. Or you can bootmode with kess too. Both work without issue.  Make sure you use the 400bb euro protocol. Kess does checksums too btw

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Risky

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 10:26:10 AM »

Flash holds the actual tune. Eeprom holds immo data. You can immo off using hex editor. I think you may be getting confused with M box discussions. M Box for s4 does not have immo. So if you flash m box flash it automatically will bypass immo...someone correct if I am wrong please. You have me7.5 so dont even think about trying to flash s4 mbox to your ecu lol Tongue
Detund

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 03:27:06 PM »

Hey Guys! @Risky @ Marty!

Thanks for your reply dudes! ^^

well i met a programmer from GR in dk forum, exchanged numbers and talked a bit about this isue!
        THE RESULTS ARE:
KESS v2 can read and WRITE partialy the ram chip aka flash aka F400bb via OBDII without touching areas of the eeprom!

My 21 succesfull Write logs are the proof! ^^

even thou my ecu is messed up right now -car wont hold idle rpm-
i managed to program the ecu without immo locking! Cheesy and that was my struggle all about at 1st place...

on the other hand, ADS EGR REMOVER sucks! at least for using with dumps from kess, but i believe the experienced users already know that!
i made 2 dumps using this programm from my ORI file, one with ADS EGR OFF and one with ADS LAMDA OFF and none of them worked properly -just sayin for future member troubleshoot- !!!

I flashed the stock ORI file back to ECU but i cant make the car run properly!
as i said Idle RPM wont hold steady resulting car go off every time the engine stars... and i mean EVERY SINGLE ONE

scaned for DTC's with Delphi but no logs, no MIL nothing! exept real time data that indicates a rather strange thing,

When im holding RPM completly steady Cylinder 4 misses all the cycles till my foot messes with rmp and the Delphi indicator sets to 0 and all over again...

Hmmmm... maybe the moded dumps i flashed where so f bad that my ECU went loco! Tongue
 car btw runs when you cruize in the road but its a bother every time i stop at the trafic lights to start car again.. :/ bad for starter and battery too! also burns gas like hell!!! and the emmisions, duuude the emmisions made my eyes bleed when i tried to start the car inside workshop...

Well! a small step for a young engineer a giant leap for a workshop busines! ^^

_nameless

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 05:00:11 AM »

What engine code and software version are you working with?

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Detund

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 10:53:27 AM »

@Marty

Engine code is BCA 1.4l 16v  75hp

but for ecu software i must log in with kess again and im feeling like a turd from exaustion... just got home from the workshop i work  :/
ill write you tommorow about that Wink

Brief update...

the first time i flashed ecu was with a Lamda OFF but didnt worked correct because i choose a programm to do the job and not manually remove it with Winols or other professional programm resulting my lamda 1 sensor that does all the job with the air/fuel ratio to not work and overheat calalytst witch broke down...

the good thing is that kess works, ecu works, immo didnt locked! yeay! ^^
 with 20euro i can remove the catalyst at en exhaust center.. .

i will brief again tommorow!
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 12:48:04 PM »

Its a simple ecu like me7.5 and you can do all the things in car with nefmoto and 5 bucks ftdi dongle thru obd.

Absolutely insane things youve made
Detund

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 07:28:18 PM »

@Fukenbroken

Goodmorning from GR mate!

yes... i will agree.. when a rookie tryies to do a profesionals job, terible things happen indeed!
but, nevermind... golf is the first car i tryied to tune... overall its a broken catalyst... not an engine, not an ecu just a catalyst...

from my point of view this went really good! flashing went good, car worked for some runs just fine then cat brokedown...
Aw well, shit happens right? ^^

funny story, when i flashed the lambda off i made o long log run... till my idle went really rough... returning to workshop flashing back original map made car work like a charm till the demon in my ear whispered "Flash EGR OFF" witch i did and after some more runs overheat broke cat... thats prety much the whole story...

are there any manual about what nefmoto is capable of? like a tuning suite or such?
_nameless

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 03:49:31 AM »

Could you upload the original file please? I don't have that engine in my country. I'd like to take a look

Detund

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 04:38:13 AM »

sure... but! have in mind that i read the file with KESS clone Wink
im begining to have doudts about if it checksums corectly! maybe you can check it out?
also include 2 files, both are from my car before any ecu writing... can you also check if they are the same? ECM titanium checksums them with the same number! cheers!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/34iov9
_nameless

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 05:32:23 AM »

the file in the zip labeled as vw golf4 ecu file original has 2 checksum errors

Detund

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 05:49:20 AM »

shoot! was hoping chinese could do 1 freaking thing without messing up!
damn! now am 100% sure that i messed up my ecu...
if reading checksums wrong, imaging what write will be :/

dude! now im really sad! :/

maybe trying change the value of the pullup resistor fixes the bad checksums?

how you chck the sums in winols?? is this original version?
_nameless

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 06:26:15 AM »

was tht file written to the ecu then did you read it back off? if not the checksums will still be bad you need to read the file back off to have it checksumed by kess kess. it checksums the file before you write. attached is a small map pack i made, unfortunately i dont have much time to spend searching for maps and i really dont have anything close to compare it to   

_nameless

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 09:40:08 AM »

Both files say original so I'm not a 100% if it's the original or not. The other file had no checksum errors so I'd assume that is the original? As far as calibration changes I didn't check sorry. I just imported the version without errors and built a small map pack off that

Detund

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 11:38:37 AM »

withch one had no errors? capital or not? :/
critical stuff
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: