Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone to SAI & Rear o2 delete 4B0907551L?  (Read 8843 times)
William

« on: June 04, 2015, 03:13:50 AM »

Is there any brave souls to deactivate rear o2 and SAI for this file?
i just don't get it...
Murph

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 05:39:10 AM »

But it's so much more rewarding to do yourself... and this case, pretty easy and well described in the S4 Wiki.. Are you sssssuuurrreee you don't wanna take a crack at it yourself?

William

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 06:11:22 AM »

Oh i'm trying real hard at the very second, but i am having problems in disabling rear o2 control, and ESKONF things
Murph

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 06:24:22 AM »

Are you disconnecting the Rear o2 entirely? Or do you want to just disable it and act like its not there but keep it plugged in.

William

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 10:15:27 AM »

There aint no SAI or rear o2 in my car at all, not even them wiring.
I've made some progression but checksum checker still finds 4 errors...

My problem is that i do not understand the meaning of ESKONF 0x10C7A set to 0xC0 (bits 6 and 7) and ESKONF set from 0xF3 to 0xFF (bits 2 and 3), what do they mean by 'bits 6 and 7, 3 and 2' ?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 10:31:09 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_number

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Murph

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 10:37:35 AM »

There aint no SAI or rear o2 in my car at all, not even them wiring.

My problem is that i do not understand the meaning of ESKONF 0x10C7A set to 0xC0 (bits 6 and 7) and ESKONF set from 0xF3 to 0xFF (bits 2 and 3), what do they mean by 'bits 6 and 7, 3 and 2' ?

I'm not sure if I should be taking that first sentence serious or not...

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 10:55:05 AM »

If only there were a way to correct the checksums!

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
William

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 11:19:45 AM »

If only there were a way to correct the checksums!
Sorry sir i'm learning, and sorry if it's disturbing, wonder if there is any humanity behind the keyboard. Some people eat more pancakes than the other.

Murph, bought new us ecu, i'm in europe with -99 a6 model don't know if there was pretty decent work done in the workshop back in the day removing them sensor wiring and SAI + wiring but there is not even a small piece of wire going in to my ecu that controls these items, i've removed engine + tranny assembly for 5 times in 7 years and i shouldn't be so blind that i wouldn't see any suspicious wiring... :/
Murph

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 11:33:00 AM »

Gotcha, well for starters. There is a checksum correction tool available out there thanks to Nyet. You can check his signature for the download, or you can check my signature. Which I took his program and added a GUI to utilize it, just makes it a bit more friendly and adds some "convenience" features.

Also, you should take a look into the link Nyet sent you.. If your going to be messing around with your ECU and .bin files you need to have at least a basic understanding of hexadecimal and binary. This will probably help a bunch in understanding the wiki and its instructions.

I understand it's easier to ask and have someone else experienced do it for yea, but there is no fun in that and your non the wiser. Might as well learn something and actually understand what's going on with your car!

William

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 11:42:04 AM »

Gotcha, well for starters. There is a checksum correction tool available out there thanks to Nyet. You can check his signature for the download, or you can check my signature. Which I took his program and added a GUI to utilize it, just makes it a bit more friendly and adds some "convenience" features.

Also, you should take a look into the link Nyet sent you.. If your going to be messing around with your ECU and .bin files you need to have at least a basic understanding of hexadecimal and binary. This will probably help a bunch in understanding the wiki and its instructions.

I understand it's easier to ask and have someone else experienced do it for yea, but there is no fun in that and your non the wiser. Might as well learn something and actually understand what's going on with your car!
Thanks, Sir.

I've been on to this for the day now, not that it is any bad thing.
in my understanding every memory addresses starts for example 0xC0, that is what makes me confused since s4wiki tells me to go to 0x10C7A and set to 0xC0 (bits 6 and 7), somehow i see it like i should go 00000110 which in hex is different than C0 in 0x10C7A address,
weird, spinning in my head these numbers. Undecided

Sorry Nyet, i'm somewhat frustrated, thanks for all of them great tools you got there!
Murph

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 12:33:32 PM »

No, I think your confusing the address and the actual value at that address... So if you open the .bin file in a hex editor.. not sure what tuning software you are using (TunerPro or WinOLS). Either one though you can open a hex editor. Down the Y-axis is a hexadecimal number which tells you the address. These will be in increments of 15(decimal). So, the addresses always end with a zero.

So in the hex editor scroll down to the row addressed 0x10C70. The 16 bytes in this row are addressed as follows. 0x10C70, 0x10C71,0x10C72. 0x10C73, 0x10C74, 0x10C75, 0x10C76, 0x10C77, 0x10C78, 0x10C79, 0x10C7A, 0x10C7B, 0x10C7C, 0x10C7D, 0x10C7E, 0x10C7F. You would then jump down to the next row and the starting address would be 0x10C80 since F is the highest value in a nibble (4bits)THESE ARE NOT THE VALUES. THESE ARE THE ADDRESSES OF THE BYTES IN THE .BIN DUMP

The ESKONF data is 13 bytes long starting at address 0x10C75. So simple math means the ESKONF data is located in the addresses from 0x10C75 to 0x10C82 .. So the first step says to set the value at address 0x10C7A to 0xC0. Hence the reason the wiki says ESKONF[5], because 0x10C7A is 5 bytes down from the starting address of ESKONF (0x10C75) if you start counting from zero.

Applying what I just said above, you should be able to figure out the second step listed in the wiki.

Make sense? If not, go read up on binary and hexadecimal counting systems and that will help a bunch. Hopefully someone will chime in if any of the information is incorrect as I am a new myself (not really to hex and binary counting systems) but still.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:35:08 PM by Murph » Logged

William

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 09:51:59 PM »

Thanks Murph, maybe now i would really get something done! Roll Eyes
Murph

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 05:41:33 AM »

Hopefully I helped somewhat and didn't confuse things more for yea.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: