Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Adjustments for Decat  (Read 6797 times)
gigabyte

« on: April 30, 2015, 04:18:41 PM »

Hi guys just got a MK4 Golf AUM, I'm in the middle of tuning a stage 1 file for it but realise the car has a Decat. Do I have to make adjustments in FKHABMN for no Cat? Or will it be fine?
Cheers
Snow Trooper

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 01:26:31 PM »

You do not have to, you will have a more stable afr if you do.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
vwaudiguy

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 09:46:06 PM »

Tried searching for this acronym (FKHABMN) on Nefmoto, and came up with nothing. I googled it and found lots of hits. Anybody know why?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
contrast

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 02:19:40 AM »

Nefmoto search doesn't work at all. Or I'm too dumb to use it
carsey

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 04:29:45 PM »

Chances are of a more free flowing turbo so more chance of quicker spool.  Lambda AFR is determined before the cat so fuelling shouldnt be affected, id of thought.
gigabyte

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 03:41:57 PM »

Thanks for the reply guys
Going to map it out and try it on the car hopefully at weekend. Car is not behaving right at the moment suspected boost leak or fuelling problem so will rectify that first.
Thanks again will keep an eye on the fuelling anyway while I'm logging the tune
doublerwest

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2022, 01:38:30 PM »

So do you think I could request some help with my decat ? Im running a decat ,billet divert and vvt delete and under heavy load my car rattles (detonates)and drops power pretty fast .my question is what maps I should start with to get this under control ..Im log less so not the best of question to ask but maybe yall could throw me a hint please. Way to many maps to just start throwing guesses into and ive seem to had luck tinkering with the tvub. Im not finding much info with decat setups with stock exhaust ..Thank you for any help im just not sure where to start ..

W357
_nameless

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2022, 08:45:17 AM »

So do you think I could request some help with my decat ? Im running a decat ,billet divert and vvt delete and under heavy load my car rattles (detonates)and drops power pretty fast .my question is what maps I should start with to get this under control ..Im log less so not the best of question to ask but maybe yall could throw me a hint please. Way to many maps to just start throwing guesses into and ive seem to had luck tinkering with the tvub. Im not finding much info with decat setups with stock exhaust ..Thank you for any help im just not sure where to start ..
You must be retarded... How the fuck do you expect someone to help you when you can't even post logs? Why the fuck would you change injector dead times if you are stock fueling??? Seriously,you are going to put a rod threw the bock soon enough... Just stop and flash it back to stock.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
doublerwest

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 10:42:40 AM »

You must be retarded... How the fuck do you expect someone to help you when you can't even post logs? Why the fuck would you change injector dead times if you are stock fueling??? Seriously,you are going to put a rod threw the bock soon enough... Just stop and flash it back to stock.

Actually, I did it is stock Marty with only a decat / billet dv ..The rattle is so bad its unnerving...You Think one log of hitting detonation would be enough to do anything with honestly? I understand im an idiot but ramping off detonation is pretty bad in itself..

W357
doublerwest

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2022, 10:46:41 AM »

(Im log less so not the best of question to ask but maybe yall could throw me a hint please.)   
I am looking for a way to do this safely without hitting detonation like that.

W357
doublerwest

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2022, 11:01:08 AM »

You're a smart guy and I do appreciate the help you have given me.

W357
_nameless

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2022, 12:47:13 PM »

(Im log less so not the best of question to ask but maybe yall could throw me a hint please.)   
I am looking for a way to do this safely without hitting detonation like that.
I can't believe I have to elaborate further. You have uploaded no log file, your description of the problem is vague at best, your changes that you've made are wrong or at the very least have zero to do with predet. Again, flash the car back to stock before you blow the engine. Mind you the ecu can pull 12.5* of ignition timing, full advancement at full load on most of these engines are about 17-19*. If your engine is actually knocking at 6.5* advancement you have huge issues. Considering how naive you are, I would flash the car back to stock and seek local help to solve your issue, OR at the very least upload a fucking log file. Making changes without is fucking stupid and you will end up blowing your engine. 

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
doublerwest

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2022, 08:26:22 AM »

I can't believe I have to elaborate further. You have uploaded no log file, your description of the problem is vague at best, your changes that you've made are wrong or at the very least have zero to do with predet. Again, flash the car back to stock before you blow the engine. Mind you the ecu can pull 12.5* of ignition timing, full advancement at full load on most of these engines are about 17-19*. If your engine is actually knocking at 6.5* advancement you have huge issues. Considering how naive you are, I would flash the car back to stock and seek local help to solve your issue, OR at the very least upload a fucking log file. Making changes without is fucking stupid and you will end up blowing your engine. 
Thanks man ya ill upload a log soon as I can.

W357
doublerwest

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2022, 09:21:15 PM »

here is a log ive done the best I can and its still not right.. here is the list of mods I have done decat billet dv bolt down hitachi coils k&n high flow air filter 06a906031ba injectors vvt removal with some maps copied over timing wise.. sai egr coded out pcv removed from system evap still intact both o2 sensors installed and working ..I dont think the turbo/wastegate matches the ecu number im not to sure I have gone thru several turbos and im not sure what turbo is correct per the ecu calibration...Any tips hints and or guidance is appreciated!!! Im just on pause until I know what way to go ...

W357
TeknoFi

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2022, 12:13:43 PM »

here is a log ive done the best I can and its still not right.. here is the list of mods I have done decat billet dv bolt down hitachi coils k&n high flow air filter 06a906031ba injectors vvt removal with some maps copied over timing wise.. sai egr coded out pcv removed from system evap still intact both o2 sensors installed and working ..I dont think the turbo/wastegate matches the ecu number im not to sure I have gone thru several turbos and im not sure what turbo is correct per the ecu calibration...Any tips hints and or guidance is appreciated!!! Im just on pause until I know what way to go ...

I see problem area about 3000-3500 rpm. otherwise i think theres no big problems. diverter valve is a pretty weak performance, you have removed n249?. With n249 you get rid of boost spike after throttle lift. I would try to tame that 3000-3500 area by raising the LDR q2 at that point (2 low rows) moderately.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 12:46:15 PM by TeknoFi » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: