Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another logging question  (Read 5768 times)
robsa6

« on: May 08, 2015, 10:51:15 PM »

I broke my tuning laptop and got a new one and reinstalled the programs I was using for the car. I can get the flasher to work, VCDS to work but ME7Logger wont connect. I've attached the error shown on the cmd window. Any ideas? I tried changing the connection to slow 0x00 etried reinstalling the drivers, reinstalling the programs no luck. Thanks in advance
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 10:57:58 PM »

You need the VCP driver if you want to use a com port, otherwise, you have to tell me7l to use usb.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
robsa6

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 07:56:38 AM »

Thanks Nyet. I actually have the rosstech VPC driver also and cant seem to get it to use that driver. The computer keeps telling me its got the most up to date driver for the cable. I guess uninstall all of the rosstech stuff and try that way?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 03:25:10 PM »

Thanks Nyet. I actually have the rosstech VPC driver also and cant seem to get it to use that driver. The computer keeps telling me its got the most up to date driver for the cable. I guess uninstall all of the rosstech stuff and try that way?

Possibly. Just make sure VCP is enabled in the driver options, and that it got assigned the com port you want it to be on.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 06:49:12 AM »

The issues is you're trying to connect to COM2 which doesn't seem to exist.

Use the FTDI option or change the COM port to the one your cable uses.  Since it's a new computer the COM # more then likely changed as well.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
robsa6

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 11:30:24 PM »

The issues is you're trying to connect to COM2 which doesn't seem to exist.

Use the FTDI option or change the COM port to the one your cable uses.  Since it's a new computer the COM # more then likely changed as well.
Thanks VR this seems to be an ongoing issue and it finally let me flash with the Nef software and then log with the GUI from ME& logger without changing the driver. Before even after I got it to work Id have to flash, then change drivers to log. The damn thing gave me hell tonight! I restarted the computer 3 times figuring it out and finally just poof it's all good and I'm back to normal. I never could understand these things. Whatever I guess I'm ok with that and I thank everyone for their help
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: