Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: vw motronic me7 for a vr6 24v  (Read 22682 times)
ares650

« on: July 28, 2011, 11:43:10 AM »

Hello....I am New Here!  Trying to get started on reading and editing my ECU file.   I have an 04 VW r32.  (its a 3.2 vr6) with a VW Bosch Motronic ME7 ecu.
What cables, editors, would i need.  What would the correct steps to read and mod the bin file be.

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 10:30:04 AM by ares650 » Logged
ares650

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 10:28:46 AM »

So i found out that (a) I need NefMoto ECU Flashing Software http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,691.0title,.html to download and flash the ecu with new files.  The questions is how do i know witch memory layout do I use for the flashing?

Then (b) to edit the map I will use TunerPro.  But TunerPro http://www.tunerpro.netwill need a definition file (.XDF) for the ECU file.  How do i make or find that definition file?

And last (c) whats the deal with the checksums? 

Thanks!!!!
Matt Danger

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 09:44:19 PM »

So i found out that (a) I need NefMoto ECU Flashing Software http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,691.0title,.html to download and flash the ecu with new files.  The questions is how do i know witch memory layout do I use for the flashing?

http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/NefMoto_ECU_Flashing_Software#Supported_ECUs

And last (c) whats the deal with the checksums? 

http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/Checksums
kls

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 01:31:41 AM »

I don't recommend trying to use Nefmoto with the R32 ECU. Nefmoto seems to work with ME7.1.1 2.8l VR6 24 valve ECUs but the ME7.1.1 in the R32 must have a few small tweaks done to it.
I've used Galletto to read/write the R32 ECU both in car via OBDII and on the bench using bootmode.
ares650

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 09:45:15 AM »

I don't recommend trying to use Nefmoto with the R32 ECU. Nefmoto seems to work with ME7.1.1 2.8l VR6 24 valve ECUs but the ME7.1.1 in the R32 must have a few small tweaks done to it.
I've used Galletto to read/write the R32 ECU both in car via OBDII and on the bench using bootmode.

What would those Tweaks be?  I Downloaded Galletto ver.1260, I will give it a try. 

I did try NefMoto and its 7 memory layouts and it didn't work.  But I did find Tony had posted up http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,77.0.html an ecu file.  The question would be how did he pull it down.

The other question is where I can find or create a definition file for a VW Golf Mk4 VR6 R32 3.2 022906032EG.

My ECU does have a flash from Unitronic's because my car is boosted.  But I am trying to find a way to tune my car myself cause its running really lean.

Thanks for your help.
Gonzo

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 04:49:10 PM »

If Unitronic flashed it, then you cannot read the ECU with Nefmoto...
If you are running lean just post some logs and maybe we can help you.
ares650

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 06:18:32 AM »

Do we know where the load vs rpm tables are?
Gonzo

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 08:06:46 AM »

Do we know where the load vs rpm tables are?
That doesn't even make sense. What are you trying to ask?
There is different maps on the ECU for different things.
ares650

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 09:08:44 AM »

Well I can do the logs, but where do i start finding the fueling tables and load comp tables for these ECU?
RaraK

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 06:55:21 PM »

Well I can do the logs, but where do i start finding the fueling tables and load comp tables for these ECU?

theres no "fueling table" like other ecu's.  you must first look at your tune and see how unitronic tuned file, depends on how specific tuner makes file as to how you must add fuel in certain spots.

read out bin, find maps, you really cant do this yourself, your better off having unitronic tweaking it for you, me7 is very difficult for beginners.  if you do not have option of custom tune from unitronic, consult someone on these forums to help you, maybe free maybe not.
s-company

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 03:43:52 AM »

how did you go into bootmode with VW R32 Me7.1.1?
I tried it without success.

Audi ME7.1.1 is no problem, just an additional plus12V to pin 21, but with R32 i have prblems..
ares650

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 06:31:29 AM »

theres no "fueling table" like other ecu's.  you must first look at your tune and see how unitronic tuned file, depends on how specific tuner makes file as to how you must add fuel in certain spots.

read out bin, find maps, you really cant do this yourself, your better off having unitronic tweaking it for you, me7 is very difficult for beginners.  if you do not have option of custom tune from unitronic, consult someone on these forums to help you, maybe free maybe not.

I haven't found many people that would tune the r32 7.1.1 ECU, that is why I am in this jam.  I haven't found much on the ECU, its like its all a big secret.  I just want the car to run clean.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 02:10:07 PM »

Provide the guys here with some detailed logs, and if possible a read of your file, and chances are someone will be willing to help you. They are not kidding when they say companies/individuals use different methods to tune a particular ecu. There are several ways to arrive at the same end point, and there's no way for us to know what you need to change without seeing what was changed up to this point. Are you sure you have the correct hardware for your tune? Maybe the wrong fpr? Exceeding the injectors useful range? We need logs.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Gonzo

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 11:03:26 AM »

haven't found many people that would tune the r32 7.1.1 ECU, that is why I am in this jam.  I haven't found much on the ECU, its like its all a big secret.  I just want the car to run clean.
Its just like any other ME7 ECU...

I could possibly help you if you PM me.
IanIsKing

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 12:53:10 PM »

Hi guys

did you come right with tunning here? I have a boosted 3.2 Audi and would like to learn more about the tunning on it. also running Unitronic base file. please can you assist with the right software to read the file in Nefmoto wont work.

thanks
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: