Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Audi TT cold start bug - fvpdkldus edit  (Read 5964 times)
maltloaf_df

« on: May 25, 2015, 03:25:17 AM »

Hi I need some help with this. I have a cold start bug which needs tweaking out.

fvpdkldus needs to be edited to set the threshold values higher or set to all zeroes.

I'll not pretend that I know what this means but I'm very willing to learn (although I wouldn't say no to a 'fixed' file if someone has the expertise!)

Basically I have a bug where my car goes into soft limp mode whilst cold and at idle. When warm this does not happen at all.

I have checked and changed many parts to prove that it isn't something mechanical and the fact that it happened just after the car was remapped was a tell tale sign. Reading around the internet it seems it's a common fault existing in the original ECU code but it often only shows up once a car is remapped.

I'm struggling to find a XDF for this car at the moment but have made a request in the appropriate section.

Many thanks for any help or pointers.

malty
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 03:53:58 AM »

This is a shitty map to try to learn with. It varies binary to binary, and your file is only so so defined. You appear to have done your homework, and followed the rules. As such I will break from the norm and post a file.

Attached is your file, with the fix implemented. Look at it, learn from it.

Welcome.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
maltloaf_df

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 10:27:18 AM »

Wow, thank you very much I'm very grateful.

Im not entirely sure what you mean in your description of the ecu read but I'm sure I will learn !

Do I need to find a definition file to be able to properly understand whats going on ? I presume (perhaps incorrectly) that the definition file points to areas of the map where items are placed.

Thank you again, I shall enjoy learning.
maltloaf_df

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 01:04:04 PM »

I have hit a problem.

I tried to flash the file very kindly provided but it gives me a strange readout when I load it into MPPS it says the following...

Bosch Hardware Number: 0261207416
Bosch Software Number: 1037360843
System Type Number: (2<F=QfxŒ 

Obviously the system type number is incorrect. I checked the checksum with me7check and it was already ok. Is this file ok to write ?

I have communication problems all of a sudden between my laptop and the ECU which I will sort out before I proceed, I'm thinking they may be down to the car battery charger I was using to try and stop it running low.

Should I use a tool other than MPPS ? I have a cheap generic MPPS cable from eBay (which did my read successfully this morning) and a clone VCDS cable from a colleague (which seems to work well in VCDS)

Many thanks for any help.

malty
maltloaf_df

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 09:23:11 AM »

I wanted to post my success with this. After struggling with a dodgy mpps cable and a vcds cable that didn't want to work with the flasher, I finally got hold of a FTDI cable from ebay for 7gbp and after lowering the baud rate a couple of notches it worked perfectly for a read and subsequent write of the file kindly provided by ddillenger.

The fix has worked and I now no longer have the cold start bug.

I'm now off to learn more about tuning and also I want to code a new key for my car so I have also read off my eeprom using Argdubs great tool.

thank you everyone and especially ddillenger for helping out a noob.

malty
vwaudiguy

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 09:37:32 AM »

Thanks for the follow-up. Most people don't take the time to do this, and it's great when someone does.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 11:42:08 AM »

No worries, happy to help. I would have replied sooner but I missed your post.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
adam-

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 05:28:20 PM »

You don't usually need Argdubs tool to code keys?  Can use VCDS?
maltloaf_df

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 12:01:41 AM »

I needed to read my SKC from the eeprom. As I understand, VCDS needs this code to enable the pairing as per this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj3K04eMV7w

I'm currently trying to locate a cheap new key including transponder chip and remote that I can try out.

Thanks,

malty
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:46:59 AM by maltloaf_df » Logged
carsey

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 05:16:13 PM »

17705 is a well documented software bug.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: