Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Generic VCDS cable for nefmoto flasher ? Audi TT 2002 ME7.5  (Read 4150 times)
maltloaf_df

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting my generic eBay VCDS cable (marked as VCDS 12.12) to work with the NefMoto flasher.

I'll post what I have done and if anyone has any pointers they would be very gratefully received.

firstly, I'm using an old windows XP computer with a low end centrino processor. It's working 100% fine with VCDS 12.12.

As instructed, I unticked the "boot in intelligent mode" checkbox, saved and exited VCDS.

I then updated the driver via the Ross Tech website to the VCP ones which gave me an extra device 'usb com port' which installed fine using the FTDI drivers.

I fired up the NefMoto flasher and the cable was detected in the top box as "Ross tech Hex-USB". I selected 38400 baud and with the cable connected to the car and the ignition on, I pressed 'connect slow init'.

All I keep getting is 'Failed to read test echo from FTDI device'

I have checked the com port in device manager and it seems ok. I have varied the latency, baud rate etc here and nothing changes. I have also adjusted the baud rate up and down in NefMoto flasher and nothing changes.

VCDS still works ok (in USB mode) so I'm presuming that my OBD port is ok.

Anyone have any pointers as to what I can try next ?

Full info for my car is as follows.

Audi TT 180BHP Quattro 1.8T
8N0906018AQ

I'm still very new at this so feel free to point out any "obvious" mistakes.

Many thanks for any pointers,

malty
maltloaf_df

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 05:44:56 AM »

I have also tried the following since my post.

Pulled fuse 11 and 15 (the dash fuses)

Tried a different (albeit slightly lower spec) laptop

No change
maltloaf_df

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 02:45:40 PM »

After trying 3 pcs and win xp/win7/win8 I've convinced myself now that my vcds cable isn't up to the job and I think my mpps cable might be faulty so I've shelled out a whole £7 on one recommended by another member.
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 04:12:50 PM »

The generic FTDI cables work well. The cloned VCDS cables will never work.

Grab one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301504092069?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
maltloaf_df

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 08:17:40 PM »

Thank you. I have bought a very similar one from my local ebay (I'm in the UK) which will hopefully land with me tomorrow.
maltloaf_df

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 08:54:22 AM »

My eBay FTDI cable came this morning and after dropping the baud rate a couple of notches it worked perfectly.

cheers,

malty
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: