Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 3.2 VR6 tuning file question  (Read 15184 times)
RBPE

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 05:14:45 PM »

This is a list of VR6/R32 twin VVT main maps not including any 1x1's or diagnostic ones.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 08:02:09 AM »

Jesus.. looks like I could spend half of my life just studying those maps and what they do..  But I can imagine that if one know how to tune these there is power to gain..

Cant I just simply disable them or something.. probably not Sad

E85oholic
ddillenger

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 11:04:02 AM »

Jesus.. looks like I could spend half of my life just studying those maps and what they do..  But I can imagine that if one know how to tune these there is power to gain..

Cant I just simply disable them or something.. probably not Sad

You can disable them, sure. Or you could take advantage of the available overlap to help spool and performance.

Tuning a VR is difficult. Tuning a turbocharged conversion is exceedingly difficult. Have you considered starting with the basics? Maybe work with a factory turbocharged model for a while, see how everything works and fits together before attempting this?

I don't mean to be rude, but the questions you've asked thus far indicate you have no clue what you're getting into. It's a bit upsetting for me to see. Crawl before you walk, walk before you run. That's what I'd do. You on the otherhand were just born, and managed to enter a marathon.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 11:11:34 AM »

2nd. You're absolutely insane to try adding a turbo to a non-FI system. It is NOT a good place to learn how things work.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 05:28:53 AM »

2nd. You're absolutely insane to try adding a turbo to a non-FI system. It is NOT a good place to learn how things work.

?
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7074206-Jim_Coupe-3-2-Turbo-build/page2

http://www2.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31280&start=100

http://www1.garaget.org/archive/178/177507/287346/287346-2710675.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlaiUZHGr5k

Please explain what you mean with its insane to adding turbo to an FI car?  And ddilenger What do you mean "Just been born"?

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 06:10:30 AM by Jim_Coupe » Logged

E85oholic
RBPE

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 06:49:15 AM »

They're probably getting at the fact that you have to learn PID controls, master variables, add lot's of maps then get around any coding problems etc which is on top of learning the actual ecu's functions and maps as well.

You know on the forums you've said you're getting fault codes, well when you asked if the cams can be turned off then yes they can using the codewords that each area has. You're using a SRIM also and the fact that you haven't switched off the variable resonance tuning - i.e. charging state of the valves and change-over functions, tells me that this is likely still running and needs to be switched off.

In terms of maps and functions, there's a touch over 200 in total that things like the 20vt has over the NA ones.
ddillenger

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2015, 08:28:28 AM »

Please explain what you mean with its insane to adding turbo to an FI car?  And ddilenger What do you mean "Just been born"?
"Just been born"

New, inexperienced.

It's not an insult, just a statement of fact. You're asking if an NA file would be a good start for your turbo project. Before even attempting this, you should be able to answer these questions yourself. Jumping in without understanding how tuning FI differs from NA is a terrible idea.

Also, for the record, (not directed at you):

Any threads that I see that encourage bad behavior, such as stumbling through things without doing the due dilligence will be removed.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:33:37 AM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2015, 09:04:53 AM »

Please explain what you mean with its insane to adding turbo to an FI car?

To a NON force induction car (stock)

The answer should be obvious.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2015, 12:25:22 PM »

Well.. The links that I posted above are all my builds and they were Non Forced induction before..  Please feel free to read my build threads that i posted above if you want to know how to do it.. Theres many ppl who have followed my build and did the same. Also did the same with my 2.3 20V audi build @motorgeek forum..

The question i had was answered, Thanks!.. I will simply flatten out my VVT map.. 
I cant believe why all this... "You where just born" stuff came from hehe.. but im ok with that... people makes mistakes somethimes and makes assumptions..  I have actuallay converted 6 cars now from NA to FI.. Using VEMS and Megasquirt.  Now im here and to learn Bosch me7 and hoping to get constructive help.. My 3.2 VR6 is already runing now pretty ok FI right now i just have to close the Exhaust valves earlier to get better boost response.

I can make a thread about how i tuned my NA 3.2 VR6 here later when i get everything into place.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:28:59 PM by Jim_Coupe » Logged

E85oholic
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2015, 12:34:27 PM »

Well.. The links that I posted above are all my builds and they were Non Forced induction before..  Please feel free to read my build threads that i posted above if you want to know how to do it.. Theres many ppl who have followed my build and did the same. Also did the same with my 2.3 20V audi build @motorgeek forum..

A "build" is not motronic tuning.

You'll find it very different from VEMS and MS, particularly if you are starting with a motronic ECU that was never FI to begin with.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:36:15 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

RBPE

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2015, 09:20:24 AM »

Well.. The links that I posted above are all my builds and they were Non Forced induction before..  Please feel free to read my build threads that i posted above if you want to know how to do it.. Theres many ppl who have followed my build and did the same. Also did the same with my 2.3 20V audi build @motorgeek forum..

The question i had was answered, Thanks!.. I will simply flatten out my VVT map.. 
I cant believe why all this... "You where just born" stuff came from hehe.. but im ok with that... people makes mistakes somethimes and makes assumptions..  I have actuallay converted 6 cars now from NA to FI.. Using VEMS and Megasquirt.  Now im here and to learn Bosch me7 and hoping to get constructive help.. My 3.2 VR6 is already runing now pretty ok FI right now i just have to close the Exhaust valves earlier to get better boost response.

I can make a thread about how i tuned my NA 3.2 VR6 here later when i get everything into place.

You've said on Vortex that you are using a professional's tune too on the car already? So disregard the codeword bit unless you are going to use a stock NA file in which case it will need to be switched off now you're using a srim, as too anything else you've changed/removed.
ddillenger

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2015, 03:15:50 PM »

It seems to be the point of this thread is for us to all recognize how great you are, rather than to help you to understand the finer points of what you are wanting to do.

If you were truly as experienced as you claim, you wouldn't have considered asking if buying a non turbo tune file was a good starting point. You'd have recognized that the timing would be far too agressive to run any sort of boost, or that VVT would be tuned incorrectly. Shit, these are just common sense things not specific to what you are doing at all. This looks past the fact that any 40 dollar file you find is likely going to be utter horseshit.

As for just "Flattening out the VVT map", I don't recall seeing anyone tell you to do that. If they did, that advice should be ignored. You should consider reading up on camshaft design in regards to forced induction engines prior to making any decisions.

My 3.2 VR6 is already runing now pretty ok FI right now i just have to close the Exhaust valves earlier to get better boost response.

I know a guy that has trouble dressing himself. Even he can make standalones run fairly well. If you want a place for posturing, This isn't it.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
RBPE

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2015, 12:36:55 PM »

Also Jim - although you can slave gasses well for spool etc as mentioned, you can go overboard whereby the mixture can actually get dragged out of the cylinder pre ignition because the valve is open too long so it's not just a case of maxxing it out or it'll go straight out the exhaust port!

If you are going to do an FI map from an NA ecu there are huge changes that need to be made, especially with the changes you do - aggressive timing for NA compared with FI, things like switching off the SU/Inlet - Intake manifold functions, can have cam timing on/off, mainly works for FI and major modded NA cars though due to the peak torque values/change over functions being mapped and set up for the OEM values, LDR or Boost control maps and functions are extensive but again that can also depend on what parts you are using etc........... a huge amount of work for you ahead, maybe years but learn from all these on here!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 11:42:51 AM by RBPE » Logged
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2015, 11:37:45 PM »

Thanks for the answers. I guess there is nothing at all to gain from a dyno´ed NA tune then. I thought i could use some from the low load areas. My ignition is backed alot in the high load areas today and the fueling is good. Just have to keep on working with this tune that i have.

E85oholic
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: