Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is there anyone close to me??  (Read 4601 times)
glenwyatt

« on: July 29, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »

Hey guys.  I'm most likely going to buy a 2000 S4 which is bone stock with 127,000KM's on it.  It was owned by a lady for the past 10 years and comes with a full service history....BLAH BLAH BLAH... Anyways,  I've always worked on my own cars but I've never done any ECU tuning.  I find it really interesting and would really like to try it out but I know the risks are high and would like to know if there is anyone out there who lives close to me with some real experience with this to help me through the process.  I live in the metro Vancouver area (Langley, BC)---if there is anyone close by who would be willing to help a new Audi owner out please respond.  I'll supply the beer....LOL
Thanks,
Glen
s5fourdoor

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 01:41:33 PM »

I live in Portland, OR.  We are almost neighbors in some sense.  I'd be glad to help you, but you should realize there's a decent chance you hand-grenade your K03 turbos...  What are you looking to do?
glenwyatt

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 03:31:24 PM »

I live in Portland, OR.  We are almost neighbors in some sense.  I'd be glad to help you, but you should realize there's a decent chance you hand-grenade your K03 turbos...  What are you looking to do?

Thanks for the help...I wouldn't mind a road trip. 
Granade, really?  Even if the boost is only upped a bit?  How much boost is safe with KO3's?  I basically want to boost power a bit and still be somewhat reliable, or is the not possible?   I need the car to be reliable for the next year because I won't have time to tear into anything...I wonder if I should just leave it stock?  Is there a way to toggle from a stock setting to a performance setting like some of the tuner chips have?

s5fourdoor

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 05:12:44 PM »

Ha - sorry to scare you.  That was a bit overstated.  What power level are you looking to achieve?  We could probably just boost you up to say 13-14psi and the car should have no problems.  What mods are done to it already?  Are your diverter valves and throttle body boot reinforce already?  Are your spark plugs new?
glenwyatt

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 05:20:45 PM »

Nothing's been done yet.  It's unmolested as far as I know.  I still need to do a final inspection on the car before a decide to buy it, but it looks like the woman who owns it kept up to date with all needed work so I don't expect to find anything wrong with it.  At 14psi of boost do I run the risk of reliability problems?  What sort of gains will I see with 14 psi...what's stock boost with these motors...8psi?  So I guess I need new DV's, what else do I need?
glenwyatt

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 05:25:35 PM »

I need a TB boot as well I guess.  Was there a factory upgraded boot..maybe this was done already, she was pretty good about maintenance?  How would I tell besides finding a silicone one on there?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: